LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Bambino Bianco'S

Got a new case of Bambino's that are dated June 26, 2009 - and I noticed they are even better than the last batch! The waistband is now backed with white instead of blue, so it it totally white, and they have a new micro-pore top sheet for faster absorption! I am impressed.

I ordered my first order of Bambinos yesterday, shipped today...I hope the ones I get are the new and improved version too. I usually prefer cloth diapers, but I have started walking and running for exercise, and cloth are just too bulky, and when they are wet, they sag and fall down. I wore my last two Abena X-pluses for exercising, and they worked great. I hope the Bambinos are as good if not better. It's nice to not have to worry about having to pee when you are two miles from home late at night... I still like cloth with plastic pants for sleeping, but I am coming around to disposible for daytime wear.

Very nice - all white is awesome. I always wanted just a plain all white diaper...

My 1st disposable diaper was the Curity Adult 1s. They were all white; no wettness indicator & very thick. Then they sold-out & were no more. I have always loved white for my diapers best.

My most recent delivery are like this and yeah, they're great :D

I knew they were an improvement over my last bag (circa 2yrs go) but I didn't realise the improvements were brand new. Some quick piccies (taken with crappy light, sorry):

The new soft liner:

P1090559.jpg

P1090560.jpg

The new white waistband:

P1090561.jpg

The new textured tapes:

P1090562.jpg

I shone a light directly at the tape to show the texture so it's probably a bit over-emphasised in that photo.

Am I the only one who finds these less absorbent than the original Classico and Bianco models? I have held back a few samples from each order I placed with Bambino. Undoubtedly, the original Classicos are the thickest, most absorbent of the bunch, followed closely by the first batch of Biancos. There was a batch of Biancos that came out after the first run, which were absolutely terrible. IIRC, a green package-insert actually accompanied the batch after those, apologizing for the poor quality and promising that such would be remedied in that and following batches. I have not been impressed since the latest all-white, textured-tape variety came out. They are definitely slimmer than what Bambino originally put out, and I have discovered (more often than not) that the combination of increased wicking and reduced thickness leads to leaking out the front/top of the diaper. The original Classicos easily hold 4-5 wettings. The latest "slimline" (my characterization) Biancos hold (at a maximum) 3. In my opinion, there is a reason the cost of Bambinos has dropped in recent months... the manufacturer is adding less filling to the product.

^ I have never noticed a difference in the absorbency between all their different changes. I have ordered a case about once a month from them and never noticed a difference in absorbency. I think the reason they lowered their prices was purely to be competitive with the other premium diapers - no other reason. If ya think about it - Bambino has no benefit to decreasing the "fillers" while also decreasing the cost...it would make an unhappy customer for one thing. They obviously want to be the best adult diaper on the market so they have no reason to do that. Other diaper companies like Depends who appeal to the mass market CAN do that because they want to lower their prices and the users of those products don't really "test the limits" of the diaper per se so they would not be able to tell a difference of a small decrease in performance. So, I think Bambino just lowered their prices and have attempted to make the diaper better in multiple ways based on feedback...I have purchased from them about once a month and never noticed a difference in the absorbency...but this is just me. Just my little two cents :D

don't know if it has changed or not, since i never had any from the last batch, but the pad seems to break apart from its own weight.

I've heard that a couple of times about Bambinos but I can't say I've ever experienced it myself. Compared with Tena, Abena and Molicare, they seem to hold together better for me. Perhaps it's a mobility thing. I tend to wear them lounging around the house so I'm not that active. If, on the other hand, you put one on and head out to mow the grass or out to work, they might be under greater strain???

Jus' pondering :)

I've heard that a couple of times about Bambinos but I can't say I've ever experienced it myself. Compared with Tena, Abena and Molicare, they seem to hold together better for me. Perhaps it's a mobility thing. I tend to wear them lounging around the house so I'm not that active. If, on the other hand, you put one on and head out to mow the grass or out to work, they might be under greater strain???

Jus' pondering :)

just around my house going from point A to point B for something. only used 2 so far (1 new classico and 1 new bianco) so who knows...

Still wearing my first Bambino Bianco. I've had it on now for about six hours.... The front is soaked and swelled up as promised, no leaks. The back padding is still dry, so the wicking leaves something to be desired, but the capacity in the front is outstanding..... It's time to change this one just so I can start the night with a dry diaper. I'll have to wait until another time for my pee until it leaks test. So far I am impressed.

I know Peter has said that a lot of time if the front is the only thing getting wet mainly then it can have a lot to do with the position of your private part in the diaper if your a guy. If you have it I guess pointing in the upward direction then of course its going to most likely soak up the front area but if you have it pointing downwards or more in a neutral position then it will distribute the urine better. No diaper can take the urine from the front of the diaper and move it all the way to the back of the diaper - wicking does not work that well in any diaper, especially high absorbency diapers because the front of the diaper is so absorbent it will continue to absorb every bit of moisture before it starts not being absorbed and flowing more towards the seat of the diaper. Maybe that tip helps some, I don't know?

I have found one diaper that does take it from the front and very quickly up the back and that of course in the molicare super plus. Very odd sensation at first when you flood it and you can feel it crawling up your butt.

Also if you get a good fit liquid that isn't absorbed in the front should flow down without leaking and be able to be soaked up by the unsoaked back. Even depends I find can actually be pretty good with a good fit and making sure the diaper is put on the right way. Given that you are standing and stand still for a min or two the puddle in the middle does get soaked up the back and I have actually had depends soak all the way up without leaking on me, it is all in the fit, I found having a good fit really increases the absorbency of any diaper as once the front is saturated the pee does start to run down to the lower part and if you don't have a good fit you will be leaking out the sides of your front crotch area. So good fit is imperative to not leaking, the most absorbent diaper will still leak before its limit without a good fit.

Guest YkDave

my last order with the bags dated 2009-05-xx are the same as these. Personally i like the new inner layer alot over the old ones!

One thing i didnt like was that the tape size has been reduced a bit, though it doesnt seem to have had a major impact on the tapes holding, i have had one tape pop off on me whereas i never had the issue with the older ones (and i have lost about 40lbs this year too!, if anything i would have thought that would help :P)

well, i just pulled out a bianco and was defected. the right lower tape is twice as wide and the tape material went over the wing and was attached to the back of the diaper. had to tear the extra material to get it to work right. also, using that one, for the first use, it seemed to flow out of the right side pretty easily even though there was no defects in the leak guards...

well, i just pulled out a bianco and was defected

You gave up your allegiance to your country? :D I think you meant to say, "it was defective."

Seriously, every brand of diaper from Pampers to Molicare will have a fault from time to time. They fly off the machines so fast and rely on high-speed inspection systems to look for missing tapes, etc. Occasionally, one is gonna slip through, even with our beloved, high-quality Bambinos.

You gave up your allegiance to your country? :D I think you meant to say, "it was defective."

Seriously, every brand of diaper from Pampers to Molicare will have a fault from time to time. They fly off the machines so fast and rely on high-speed inspection systems to look for missing tapes, etc. Occasionally, one is gonna slip through, even with our beloved, high-quality Bambinos.

Of course it defected! If it isn't perfect, it isn't American! Nothing American will ever fail! (insert sarcasm)