LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Know It Has Been Said Before But Depends Suck

Guest dodgedart

Guest dodgedart

I ran out of Attends with wasitband.

So I ran to the conner and got Depends they are everything but depend.

As soon as I wet change or leak I have gone threw 8 so far today.

And they do nothing to keep the wetness of of the skin. They are good for keeping the pants dry and that is just like tossing a coin.

At 11:00 or so I wet my pants.

I can not see any person that needs Diapers buying them. And that leads to me asking Who buys them? Not just asking "who here" buys them who in their right mind that needs to wear diapers can wear them! I know I can't

I actually use them as my diaper of choice granted I use them with a Depend Boost insert, which makes them much more absorbant. Even with the boost insert you can't flood them like other diapers but they hold up pretty well. For me they are cheap, easy to get and do what I want them to do.

I used to be a big fan of Attends when they were made by Procter and Gamble and at the beginning of the PaperPak years but when they got thinner and lost that nice smell I switched and found the Depend with the Boost liner worked better for me than the new Attends.

I think the whole key though is the Boost liner otherwise depends will leak like a sieve.

I actually like Depend diapers. I'm a DL and the fetish for me is mostly sexual. I find them to be comfortable and I like that they are white, have 6 tapes, and a waist band. I do wet them from time to time, however I change as soon as I can. The did leak once on me while I was sitting in the car. That wasn't so fun, however it's only happened once.

Sorry to anyone else who uses these but I have to agree with dodgedart. I bought a pack of maximum absorbants the other day for me to use while I wait for my bambinos to come in. They are decent in that at least they are better than store brands but I really wouldnt recommend these to any serious AB. If only they would make these a little better.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

Even for someone who is incontinent I would think that except for light/moderate dribbling that depends would leak on them also. Any actually incontinent people want to chime in?

Silly babies, Depend diapers were not designed to keep your bottoms dry for six hours after you've drunk a two-liter of Coke! They're thin, comfortable, and discreet, and the padding hold together quite well. They're made to absorb a full-size adult voiding, and they do that quite well (and sometimes more) for me, and I'm a big guy with a voluminous bladder. But, sure, if you treat them like an Abena X-Plus or Bambino and flood them more than once, the diaper will leak, and you'll be mad at the diaper.

It seems I have to say this once a week:

Depend DO. NOT. SUCK.

They're just not designed for what you want them to do. But, if you want a thin, soft, comfortable diaper you can wear around friends and family with little risk of being discovered, and aren't planning to wet it repeatedly, Depend is the best I've found. Molicare Classic are just as thin, but don't have leakguards (standing leg cuffs) and are even more susceptible to leaks.

If you want suck, try some Kendall Wings or FQP institutional diapers.

/end defensive rant

Well they can't take a full voiding from me. I pretty much drink diet coke/pepsi and quiet a bit. I find it hard to just pee out little bits and my voids are usually at least 30+ oz. In the morning it is at least double that, probably more. Of course that isn't the kind of wetting Depends were made to hold and also they need time for the gel to soak up the liquid. So yes for AB/DL they do suck. If you are incontinent that generally just leak all time or void in small amounts every so often then they would be fine as long as you can change every 3-4 hours, which I think is a pain for active people, you don't want to be stopping every time you turn around to change. At least I wouldn't want to be, I should be able to go at least 6 hours, then I only have to change probably 2 times during the day and then when you go to bed, which then you probably want cloth or abena/molicares/bambino so you can sleep through the night without worrying about leaking.

You know you are pretty much preaching to the chior here.

I ran out of Attends with wasitband.

So I ran to the conner and got Depends they are everything but depend.

As soon as I wet change or leak I have gone threw 8 so far today.

And they do nothing to keep the wetness of of the skin. They are good for keeping the pants dry and that is just like tossing a coin.

At 11:00 or so I wet my pants.

I can not see any person that needs Diapers buying them. And that leads to me asking Who buys them? Not just asking "who here" buys them who in their right mind that needs to wear diapers can wear them! I know I can't

Guest dodgedart

Even for someone who is incontinent I would think that except for light/moderate dribbling that depends would leak on them also. Any actually incontinent people want to chime in?

I did already. The good diapers will pull away the wetness and they did not. I have a bad rash after 2 days thus my post on the jelly.

I posted this thread 2 days after I realy used the Depends

Guest dodgedart

Silly babies, Depend diapers were not designed to keep your bottoms dry for six hours after you've drunk a two-liter of Coke! They're thin, comfortable, and discreet, and the padding hold together quite well. They're made to absorb a full-size adult voiding, and they do that quite well (and sometimes more) for me, and I'm a big guy with a voluminous bladder. But, sure, if you treat them like an Abena X-Plus or Bambino and flood them more than once, the diaper will leak, and you'll be mad at the diaper.

It seems I have to say this once a week:

Depend DO. NOT. SUCK.

They're just not designed for what you want them to do. But, if you want a thin, soft, comfortable diaper you can wear around friends and family with little risk of being discovered, and aren't planning to wet it repeatedly, Depend is the best I've found. Molicare Classic are just as thin, but don't have leakguards (standing leg cuffs) and are even more susceptible to leaks.

If you want suck, try some Kendall Wings or FQP institutional diapers.

/end defensive rant

I am not a Baby I have no control so when I go I go I feal it comming out and for the life of me can not stop it.

In the first day of use I wet one pair of pants the second day 2 pairs.

Depends could not handle it but did ok.

Depends are a very thin diaper - I mean they are translucent thin. While I like the quality of the plastic, the light green leak guards, and the fit, they only hold one wetting for me, which is not acceptable. My girlfriend, on the other hand, is a light dribbler and depends work great for her. She can wear them for a few hours without leaking. She likes them a lot and will switch between the plastic backed briefs and the women's pullups and both work superbly for her.

So, depending on the size of your bladder and whether you are a dribbler or a heavy wetter, depends may or may not work for you. If depends made a slightly thicker diaper, I would buy it, because I like all the other features. In the meantime, for a diaper you can find in stores, I recommend the plastic-backed briefs at Walmart - Assurance brand - if you can find them in your size! They always seem to be out of mediums.

Guest dodgedart

WalMart no longer has the plastics back type they are now soft back.

Sams Wholesale has the prevail as a no name brand 4 packs for 22 bucks are soft backed with 4 velcrow tabs.

I have used them during the day but are good for one flood maybe 2

Alright I decided to try a real test. So I felt I had to go and it felt about a normal size pee for me. So I peed in a jar to see how many oz a normal pee is actually for me. Well it came to 17oz, but really 30-40oz was only a rough guess. So I taped on a depends, making sure to get it properly fit. I poured it in the front at about the rate I would pee normally. I certainly could feel some liquid not totally absorbed. I figured it was because the gel takes a bit to soak up. So I stood there for a min or two and it did get soaked up. Though I'm sitting here a bit worried as I can feel it on my butt and am a bit afraid that it will leak, though so fair I have no wet spots on the towel I'm sitting on.

So what I found is I probably can do about one pee if I stop it about half way, give it a minute to soak up and then let the rest go. I certainly wouldn't trust them to a full flood, I'm guessing that I would have nice wet pants on the back.

So they certainly do suck for flooding.

Next I want to try with one and two depends boosters. See which combo can take a 15-20oz flood. The boosters do really swell, so I'm assumig they have a good amount of gel, but they do seem to have some pulp. So that is why I think I probably will need 2 of them for a full flood to not leak. So it seems that I can pretty much just expect 1 wetting with 2 boosters in a depends. I think this will help me as I will know that one wetting and I'll need to change next time I have to pee. I find it hard to just pee in little amounts, even if I think about it, so at least now I know that I probably can trust them with 2 boosters to take a flood, but not to pee again unless I want to leak.

Oh and still waiting on my drugstore.com Abena x-plus order. Said it shipped Monday, but it did ship parcel post, so I'm sure that is why it's taking its time. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow. Funny I got junk mail in it even though I haven't give it out except for drugstore.com and added it as an addentional address on my bank debit card. Coupons and ads from the grocery stores and pizza coupons. So I'm assuming it wouldn't be from either of them, one said to person at PO Box xxx, so they must just send to the PO Boxs automatically, which is crappy. I wonder if there is some way to keep it from happening as I may not check it all the time as I only plan to use it to receive things I have ordered on the internet, so there shouldn't be regular mail coming to.

I used to think Depends were awesome... until I found other brands. Now I couldn't possibly go back. If I run out and a new shipment hasn't arrived, I'll go without rather than run to the store for Depends. LOL

Well, today I just bought my first bag of actual adult diapers which happen to be depends. Previously, I was wearing old baby diapers I found in the attic and goodnites which I bought about a month ago. After buying the Depends, I was amazed at how big they were, how comfy they were, and how crinkly they were!!! Goodnites are nothing compared to these babys.

I have not wet them yet but I assume they will hold a lot better than the Goodnites which leak easily on me. In terms of comparing these to goodnites and baby diapers, these are a lot better and the only thing missing is the baby aspect of them.

That is my opinion, the opinion of a non diaper-expert person who has never used the awesome diapers like attends or bambinos.

I actually like Depend diapers. I'm a DL and the fetish for me is mostly sexual. I find them to be comfortable and I like that they are white, have 6 tapes, and a waist band. I do wet them from time to time, however I change as soon as I can. The did leak once on me while I was sitting in the car. That wasn't so fun, however it's only happened once.

I agree. Though the style has changed a bit in recent years, (I wore my first pair of Depends fitted briefs back in 96 when they were a pale blue?green color), they are still IMO the best off-shelf brand. The worst briefs ever IMO are the Walgreens brand. The velcro tapes rip off of the brief and if you think Depends can't hold a wetting...

I just wish that we could all just agree to dis-agree on the subject of Depends. If they don't work for you, don't wear them. If they do, then continue to wear them. But no matter what brand you choose to wear, ENJOY THEM!!!