LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

xpmedical.com in the states have always been my reliable source for Abena X-plus. I don't know of a cheaper source that also offers free shipping. It usually takes 4 business days on the dot for them to arrive at the door. They use FedEx, who tend to deliver in the morning, so I know when to be home to "intercept" them. UPS tends to deliver in the afternoon; that may just be in my town though.

I prefer Abena X-Plus to Bambino, the Abena's remind me of early 80's Huggies, and that's what I like about them, plus they ride super high and when you wear them with regular fitting jeans, it's really obvious that you have a big bulky diaper on. :lol:

• Like 1

I would almost say the Bambino plastic resembles more of the old style huggies...its a lot softer and crinklier. The Abena is a nice diaper but I would definitely not say its more similar to the old style huggies. Just my 2 cents on that case :)

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten a case of the style with the new wetness indicator yet?

I just opened a case of medium Extras (now just M3) in the "new style". The padding itself seems the same... the wetness indicator is (obviously) different, the plastic and tapes also seem softer.

Hopefully this is a change for the better.

Yeah, I just got a case of the Large (L4). I had a couple of the older ones still left to compare. There are some noticeable differences (aside from the 'race stripes'):

1) I'll agree with you about the plastic and the tapes; they do, indeed, seem softer.

2) The new ones are a little larger in terms of fit.

3) Most importantly, they're actually a little THICKER now, too. :D

I prefer Abena X-Plus to Bambino, the Abena's remind me of early 80's Huggies, and that's what I like about them, plus they ride super high and when you wear them with regular fitting jeans, it's really obvious that you have a big bulky diaper on. :lol:

There's no getting around the bulkiness, but if you crossover the tapes (thanks Junibug!), you get a low riding, but secure fit (that snugs up against the bum quite nicely).

I just received a case of the new style Abena X-plus and I am pleasantly surprised by the changes. The plastic does seem softer, the design is pretty cool, tapes seem about the same, and I swear the diaper feels thicker when I put it on. Looks the same when our of the bag, but I swear it is thicker (maybe cause I was forced to wear depends for the past week :) )

xpmedical.com in the states have always been my reliable source for Abena X-plus. I don't know of a cheaper source that also offers free shipping. It usually takes 4 business days on the dot for them to arrive at the door.

XPMedical is 10 minutes away from my house so I feel lucky :)

The Abenas are great diapers. I mean, you can't go wrong with them. You really need to know how to diaper up well with them or else they'll appear as loose and uncomfortable. Those who complain about Abenas being too big for them are usually not diapering themselves correctly.

I was wondering how to get free samples of Abenas and a few other "good" brands. Let me know thanks!! :)

Good luck with that... you're not going to find any. The best you can do is order sample packs.

XPMedical is 10 minutes away from my house so I feel lucky :)

Really? I'm curious to know what the building looks like, is it a big warehouse or a walk in store? It would be such a rush to walk in there and buy one of the huge boxes ^_^

Wow, I'm surprised everything at XPmedical is handled by one guy. They sell so much, so it made me think it would be a warehouse or office building or something. Is he aware that some people buy just to wear for fun? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest little_jonny

today i got my pack of abena x-plus (the cloth kind) from fedex. i ordered them off line from ABU. I had to wait about a week unti they came in the mail and once they did i hope it was worth the money and the wait. I opened the box hoping for the best and saw it was in the new bag. I tried one on and thought it wasn't going to fit but I was surprised.. it's the softest and the best adult diaper i have ever wore. I love the thickness, and how it feels..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest little_jonny

I just got some new X-Plus (M4) diapers in for the first time in about 18 months or so. Is it just a case of rose-tinted glasses or are they not quite as absorbent as they used to be and a bit squishier when wet? :unsure:

they hold pretty well for me buy yeah they seem to me squishy when they are wet. im able to wet it about 5-8 times until i have to change

I just got some new X-Plus (M4) diapers in for the first time in about 18 months or so. Is it just a case of rose-tinted glasses or are they not quite as absorbent as they used to be and a bit squishier when wet? :unsure:

They have changed a little, haven't noticed them being any less absorbent through. They are squishier, I think they're using a little bit more fluff since they wick better then I remeber :D

Little_johnny: your sig is exceedingly large :X

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a case of the new X-Plus, and when I put an old once next to it, the padding isn't as wide. Also, I dislike the design on the outer plastic, and every diaper thus far has had pin hole leaks!

GRRRRRRRRRRR

Why does everyone have to ruin good diapers!

I really like the new x-plus in all honesty. They seem to fit me better and I think that the design on the outside is especially fetching...if only it was purple/red/pink(like the abri-san!) could I be more satisfied. That's a sui generis nitpick however, blue looks just fine.