LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

The tapes on Abris can be good or bad depending on how you put them on. It takes some practice and getting used to... and even after doing it 24/7 for months now I still get one wrong occasionally.

I think Secure's taping system is better... but they can't match Abri on capacity or price.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dl_aslee

I'm excited as I ordered last night the Abri-wing, apparently they are improved with more capacity and softer velcro, so it doesn't chafe. Also they now call them the Abri-wing Airplus.

Sort of expensive though at $30 shipped for a bag of 14. I really like that at school I can change fast and easy without worrying if I am getting the tapes on just right. Will need to change more often, but I can deal with it as it will be much more discrete. Also figure when I want more capacity I can add a few boosters to get the absorbency of an x-plus.

Wonder if I will get a email from xpmedical this time before I get them as last time I didn't get one from them before I got them. Should really matter as I shipped them to UPS Store with my phone, so they will just call my cell when they arrive.

I was a bit confused though as they said they were out of stock until 11/15, I think they meant 1/15, but even so it is after and so they should have had them back in stock, so we will see how long it takes to ship them.

I will occasionally have tape problems with my X-plus... but it doesn't happen that often. I think it is just a matter of learning exactly where to put the tapes and how to get them to stick. Other than that, awesome diapers overall.

Guest dl_aslee

Well I got my Abena Abri-wings today, should be interesting to see how much they can take, apparently they are suppose to have more absorbency than the previous ones. I picked them up at the UPS Store and paid $5 for the hold for pickup, everything has gotten more expensive now.

I was sort of surprised that the first part you wrap around yourself isn't stretchy. They pretty much fit just right, though if I gained some weight they probably would not fit anymore. They are definitely a nice in between a pullup and a full on x-plus or Molicare super plus. With the sides and leak guards ripped off a safeway size 6 baby diaper it fits nicely between the leak guards of the abri-wing. It is really nice how easy they are to put on and take off with the velcro, they should do this with their airplus x-plus, would be so much easier to get the right fit having velcro that you can keep readjusting until you get them right.

I'll let you guys know once I get a chance to test their capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried my first sample of the X-plus from XP med tonight. First thing I noticed was the thickness (coming from Depend) the thickness our of the box is amazing! They're nice and thick.

The absorbency is also amazing, they held a lot, I was on my 3rd (big) wetting just now. Only because I drank a lot for testing purposes, but by wetting #3 I didn't even feel the need to hold back, I just let it flood, no problems holding it all.

The downfall: It wicked up the back, which is good in the sense that they hold a lot, but I don't care for a wet butt, just don't like the feeling. Also, they did jell up a little bit, not as much as a depend, and by 4am (now) it was all clumpped between my legs and toward my butt, there wasn't anything left up front (I hate that)

But I WILL say, they're much better than the Dry Care I tested a few weeks ago.

It's a shame that XP put 2 X-Plus and 2 X in the sample pack, I can see the X being not at good as the X Plus. I would have rather had 4 X-Plus's in the sample instead of 2 and 2. :P

Now on to the Molicare's.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's just me but I've just tried my first X-Plus in quite a while and the quality seems to have gone down a little bit from last time. Don't get me wrong, they're still great but the odour control doesn't seem as good as it used to be and nowhere near as good as say Secure X-Plus. I've been wearing this one for maybe 3 hours now and the smell of 'wet diaper' is already becoming noticeable. The previous two or three diapers were similar - I took them off long before they got to the point of needing to be changed from an absorbency standpoint because they smelt :( They used to be better at killing off the pee smell, didn't they?

The fit of the X-Plus has never been that great for me and that's still the same. Peeing while sat down is fine for me in other premium brands (Secure X-Plus, Molicare, etc) but if I try it in an X-Plus, it's a guaranteed leak up the sides of the crotch :(

<end grumble>

They're still very good though, especially for overnight :D

• 3 months later...

any1 tried them from drugstore.com recently? if so are they the newer ones? any complaints other than the tapes? also what about sizing? im a little bit below what the middle of the waist sizing for the mediums is rated at which is 28-44" making the middle 36" and my waist size is 34". it seems that they are about 30 cents cheaper per 1 vs xpmedical not counting shipping of course because i dont know what drugstore.com charges for shipping and how much they charge for shipping is important.

The tapes are my biggest complaint and for the price it is just not worth it. I use to order from Drugstore and they were OK.

The tapes on the X-plus are also my #1 problem. The bottom ones never seem to stick right. I haven't had any tape problems with Abena Super or Extras... actually the extras are quite nice... I use them when I want something other than a Bambino.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have ordered from drugstore.com how have the generally shipped them? It says that they either ship USPS or UPS, but usually I have found for diapers companies generally ship with a specific method. I can get boosters and xplus for the same price as xpmedical as my first order over 25 ships free but I need to ship it to either UPS Store or my local post office, so I need to know what method they will ship.

If you have ordered from drugstore.com how have the generally shipped them? It says that they either ship USPS or UPS, but usually I have found for diapers companies generally ship with a specific method.

My wife orders from Drugstore quite often. Nine times out of ten, it's shipped by 'UPS Mail Innovations' which is a kinda hybrid service between UPS and USPS (hence the vagueness on their website). As far as I understand, the shipping to depot is done by UPS (Ground) and then the final delivery is done by USPS. That said, the boxes we get from them tend to be small enough to go in the mailbox so I don't know how they'd handle larger boxes.

Linky

• 1 month later...

I never had them untill a week or so ago, so far I really like them my favorite up untill I got these was secure Xplus, but I like these because I like a higher fitting diaper, and these do just that for me.

I think the way its getting lately any plastic backed diaper is a good diaper, there is too many diapers going to that cloth like stuff.

• 1 month later...

No its Different BUt no sure if its a good change or bad yet I will find out tonight.

:thumbsup:

There Plastic does seem different from there old ones but its is softer I like them. They hold just like the old ones and still love them. the only brand i will ever use.

There Plastic does seem different from there old ones but its is softer I like them. They hold just like the old ones and still love them. the only brand i will ever use.

Yes, Abena now has made there diapers with a much thinner plastic and less fluff and more polymer, I heard that so many people complained to them that the company in Denmark is going back to the original diaper. and I have 2 cases of them. I don't know what XP medical's return policy is but I'm sure the shipping would eat me alive.

babydoug

Yes, Abena now has made there diapers with a much thinner plastic and less fluff and more polymer, I heard that so many people complained to them that the company in Denmark is going back to the original diaper. and I have 2 cases of them. I don't know what XP medical's return policy is but I'm sure the shipping would eat me alive.

babydoug

Don't seem that different to me really, when compared to teh ones I've had before. Where did you hear about people complaining?

Don't seem that different to me really, when compared to teh ones I've had before. Where did you hear about people complaining?

Here is a cut & paste of one sent from a distributor:

FYI I heard back from Abena on your complaint…

They said that the factory in Denmark had experimented with taking out some fluff but adding more polymers on the Medium and Large X-Plus briefs. I was told that they have reverted to the previous design after hearing similar complaints to yours and that this should not be an issue going forward.

Sincerely,

Adam

Samela, Inc. d/b/a NorthShore Care Supply

Ph: (800) 563 - 0161

www.northshorecare.com

Here is a cut & paste of one sent from a distributor:

FYI I heard back from Abena on your complaint…

They said that the factory in Denmark had experimented with taking out some fluff but adding more polymers on the Medium and Large X-Plus briefs. I was told that they have reverted to the previous design after hearing similar complaints to yours and that this should not be an issue going forward.

Sincerely,

Adam

Samela, Inc. d/b/a NorthShore Care Supply

Ph: (800) 563 - 0161

www.northshorecare.com

Hmmm well if there is a difference then its not big enough for me to notice :P. And abena seem good at sorting problems out. I remember the mass pin prick issue about a year or so ago, where there where batch's had lots of v tiny holes in em. Abena seemed to move quickly to fix it through :)

Hmmm well if there is a difference then its not big enough for me to notice :P . And abena seem good at sorting problems out. I remember the mass pin prick issue about a year or so ago, where there where batch's had lots of v tiny holes in em. Abena seemed to move quickly to fix it through :)

I do remember when that was happening, Just out of curiousity do you wear Abena 24/7 only at night or just on occasions? I wear them every night, reason for asking is maybe you don't notice the difference because you don't wear them every day. My wife makes me wear them because our expensive king matress was 3,400. dollars and she also don't like waking up wet. So I get the pleasure of having her put them on me and enjoy every minute of it! But I do have serious issues with my prostate but didn't realize how much pleasure it can be! I don't think it is that big of a change in design just less fluff and I put an older one next to the new and the crotch width was also 1/4" less wide, not noticable if you didn't have one to compare it to. but the thinner plastic is deffinetely thinner it's almost like opaque saran wrap, although some might like the softer plastic since it does make a lot of crinkling noise when you walk so it's less discrete. And the older ones you could re-fasten the tapes with a little care, but these new one's forget it the plastic will tear. Also when the newer one's are wet they don't feel as stiff like an original pampers would from the 70's they sag more and the fluff clumps all up at the bottom like a snow ball. I liked the Attends years ago before they changed then I found Molicare to be the best, but when I found Abena 4 years ago I have been in luv with those diapers since. We all want the realistic feel of what an actual baby diaper feels like and Abena is still good but now they seem to be just another generic diaper with a higher price tag.

bd

I do remember when that was happening, Just out of curiousity do you wear Abena 24/7 only at night or just on occasions? I wear them every night, reason for asking is maybe you don't notice the difference because you don't wear them every day. My wife makes me wear them because our expensive king matress was 3,400. dollars and she also don't like waking up wet. So I get the pleasure of having her put them on me and enjoy every minute of it! But I do have serious issues with my prostate but didn't realize how much pleasure it can be! I don't think it is that big of a change in design just less fluff and I put an older one next to the new and the crotch width was also 1/4" less wide, not noticable if you didn't have one to compare it to. but the thinner plastic is deffinetely thinner it's almost like opaque saran wrap, although some might like the softer plastic since it does make a lot of crinkling noise when you walk so it's less discrete. And the older ones you could re-fasten the tapes with a little care, but these new one's forget it the plastic will tear. Also when the newer one's are wet they don't feel as stiff like an original pampers would from the 70's they sag more and the fluff clumps all up at the bottom like a snow ball. I liked the Attends years ago before they changed then I found Molicare to be the best, but when I found Abena 4 years ago I have been in luv with those diapers since. We all want the realistic feel of what an actual baby diaper feels like and Abena is still good but now they seem to be just another generic diaper with a higher price tag.

bd

I only where for fun so not that often.... Its just the thing with the tapes + plastic, for me they've always caused rips when retaping.... unless you do it straight away. And as for being another generic diaper.... well they said they'd go back to the old style ones :). Hopefully just an experiment on their part.