LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Layout Causing Problems

Dear Moderators/managers, I don't know what you did when you changed over to the new format, but if you look at my stories; apostrophes have been replaced by '’' and my inverted commas replaced by '“' . Now my stories are long and complicated enough, without forcing my readers to wade through page after page of html instructions. Can whoever wrought these unwanted changes, please change them back again?

Thanks in advance from Baby Jennie

1) As most IT geeks here will tell you, the character type set that you are using for this version of the board does not correlate with the one on the previous board version. As a result, all extended ascii characters do not appear correctly. Examples:- The fada / grave above letters. Quotation marks. Apostrophes.

2) Is it possible to box quotes of other posts as in the previous version of the board. In this version, when a poster is referring to a previous posts, it is not clear which post is which.

3)The sub page from the home page, now called Active Content, no longer shows the name of the thread initiator.

4)I think that visually, the new board looks well, but it has been designed with the image in mind, rather than the use as it primary requirement. I am experienced with using software, and using the previous version of the board. With this one, I have to look for a shortcut / link with the presumption that it still exists. In the previous version, the shortcuts / links were obvious. An example of that is DailyDiapers Boards & Chat hyperlink. In the old one, a valid hyperlink was in a larger font, and was also bold. This version, that hyperlink text is find and seems to be inactive (greyed out). That is not a major problem for me, but will be for new members.

5)The added information shown n the left hand side listing member information is a nice added touch, but for that sole benefit, IMHO, I think the price is too high.

Add me to the list of people who wish you would have left well enough alone (imagine frowning face here because emoticons aren't working) The interests on the left not only takes up space but also becomes repetitive. If I wanted that on every post I would have added it to my signature so instead I've deleted my interests (imagine crying emoticon here) Forums are for reading and anything that takes up text space detracts from that (imagine angry emoticon here, and why do people change things when that usually means you create problems which make more work for you when you have to fix what wasn't broken in the first place?) The loss of color contrast is always a bad thing- ask the experts which is easier on the eyes, easier to use, faster and more accurate. And the text box I'm writing this in has similar problems (imagine tongue-sticking-out emoticon here)

Wholesale change is usually a change for the worse. If you don't like a certain aspect then change that aspect alone. If you are bored and want to mess something up then start something else and remember to:

Leave Success Alone

Bettypooh