LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So Afraid Of Flooding In Fear Of Leaks!

bookem

I didnt know where to post this, so I figured I'd just post it here. Im sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV in a diaper. I felt the urge to go pee, and so I controlled it as I started peeing. I tried controlling it so it would only flow at a very low flow rate so I dont leak. Im so afraid of that. Any recommendations? I want to do this in bed too, but too afraid to. How did you overcome the fear?

I didnt know where to post this, so I figured I'd just post it here. Im sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV in a diaper. I felt the urge to go pee, and so I controlled it as I started peeing. I tried controlling it so it would only flow at a very low flow rate so I dont leak. Im so afraid of that. Any recommendations? I want to do this in bed too, but too afraid to. How did you overcome the fear?

I've been wondering about that, too. I will await others' reply on this matter. All I know is that when I got diapers that are far better than Depend (in my case, Molicare) - I could worry less about the amount of wetting, but yeah - I still worry about the flood aspect. Hope there's a solution to this.

Guest YkDave

i was the same way when i was using 'cheap' diapers, i know they couldnt handle a flood so i had to control it or deal with the leaks. That 'fear' also carried over when i started wearing better diapers, even though they could actually handle the flooding. It was just something that i had to get out of my head and it took a long time!

id say there are a few things you can do, first off get some good nappies, dont use some rubish pullups or such, id recomend abena x-plus but molicare isnt too bad so i hear.

second you wil need to learn what the nappies wil and wil not cope with in different situations.... so as sugested above get some sort of protective sheet (i just use a towel folded double) and then once you are sure that any leaks wont matter just let rip.

after a bit of experimentation you wil find out what you can get away with and what you cant (with an abena that is actualy prety much anything!) then once you know for sure that it isnt going to leak it is simply a case of doing it without the protective sheet (whatever you decide to use)

it is a bit like training wheels for a bike!

hope this helps :)

I concur with the above. I lived my life for 20 years with the fear of diapers leaking. I was a recluse most of the time. I switched to Molicare when they became available here in the US. I have never looked back. I can easily without fear flood a molicare 3 times and know that it will contain it. All of the upper end diapers will give you the peace of mind that you seek. These are but not limited to Molicares, Abenas, Wellness, Dry247, Secure x's, Bambino's.

Sitting and standing causes some differences but for the most part they all will hold up just fine. I'll even add Tranquility ATN's to the list, for a cheaper brand that has some pretty good results. If you plan on only wetting it once, there are a few others that should get you through the objective for cheaper. Basically it's the same old thing. You get what you pay for. You also could try boosters or Stuffers in a cheap store brand, with some success and save some money. But for peace of mind I would say stick with the top brands..Best of luck.

A baby in diapers doesn't care if his/her diaper leaks since it knows no better. This is a huge advantage in that the baby will wet even before he/she feels the urge, and therefore defeat the possibility of flooding his/her diaper. For you to get to that stage, requires confidence - confidence in your diapers ability, and self confidence that a leak will not be a problem. This, in the adult mind, requires training and pratice - and the extra protection such as pads, plastic etc on whatever you happen to be sitting. Over time, your body willl adjust to weeping urine while diapered while still regaining continence while not.

Actually, if a diaper leaks either at home or out, it is a very simple task to change the diaper and the clothes - which unless you are the centre of attraction - ie famous or something, this is not a problem. Business' admire people who can, when someone throws them a curve ball, handle it. A leaking diaper at work could get you promoted. It is mature to handle a problem without comment - and extremly infantile to whine about it - and most babies past the age of 12 months, don't bother crying about a wet / soiled diaper.

As usual Baby Keiff explains the situation well!

Before any of us actually more mature than a 12 to 20 month infant can relax and sleep in a diaper, we need to be confident that diaper does not leak excessively. Probably the start is the waterproof sheet as Keiff mentions. Face it, leaks happen. When we wear diapers we deal with leaks.

Here is an example: In 1981 I had just turned 17 and was a month from moving to a university dorm. I by then worn pinned gauze diapers inside vinyl panties for sleeping since I was 12. Even before that I had worn similar gauze diapers when sleeping in motels and on trips. My Mom had perfected pinning on gauze diapers comfortably and also effectively. She bought state-of-the-art waterproof sheets. I had assumed I could continue wearing cloth diapers in my dorm and was shocked to learn there would not be a convenient coin washer. Finding Attends to fit me only took a couple of days. Learning to put on Attends took me part of an afternoon. Yet it took a couple of weeks for me to be confident enough the Attends would slow down leaks that I could sleep okay while wearing them.

Maybe most of you are more flexible, but still, to be comfortable and relaxed in a diaper you need to be confident it will resist leaks. This is a function of selecting the correct size and style to suit your body and activity. Then it also takes practice to put on a diaper effectively.

A baby in diapers doesn't care if his/her diaper leaks since it knows no better. This is a huge advantage in that the baby will wet even before he/she feels the urge, and therefore defeat the possibility of flooding his/her diaper. For you to get to that stage, requires confidence - confidence in your diapers ability, and self confidence that a leak will not be a problem. This, in the adult mind, requires training and pratice - and the extra protection such as pads, plastic etc on whatever you happen to be sitting. Over time, your body willl adjust to weeping urine while diapered while still regaining continence while not.

Actually, if a diaper leaks either at home or out, it is a very simple task to change the diaper and the clothes - which unless you are the centre of attraction - ie famous or something, this is not a problem. Business' admire people who can, when someone throws them a curve ball, handle it. A leaking diaper at work could get you promoted. It is mature to handle a problem without comment - and extremly infantile to whine about it - and most babies past the age of 12 months, don't bother crying about a wet / soiled diaper.

being a big boy like me, i can tell you, i have what at times seems like an endless amount of piss. i have leaked on my bed, my couch, the floor.(i am very good at cleaning up, you can never tell).

Heres what you do, or at least what i do anyway,

just grab about 2 bath towels with you every where you go in your diaper, when you sit on the couch, put em down by ur fluffy bottom. your diaper is made to absorb all of your pee, so its gonna fill your diaper beofre it floods, which menas one towel will catch the overflow, but the second one is for security, once the towel is wet you may be thinkin, "Damn, what am i gonna do with this?!?", easy my friend, toss it in the ol washin machine. its fool proof i tell ya

Nice! A lot of good info here. I like the idea of getting a pad to protect the couch and bed... Thanks for the insight, Im still new to this whole side of my life.. ;)