LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Complaint Made To Police About Men In Diapers

Complaint made to police about men in diapers

Fremont police responded to the area after receiving several complaints. Two of the complainants nearby said two of them left the area but one went inside a residence on St. Joseph.

Police found one of the men inside the home and he was still wearing a diaper.

A 19-year-old man said he and his friends thought it would be funny to run around in the diapers.

"They looked like pull-ups," Officer Donnale Williams said. "They thought it'd be a funny idea."

Williams advised the man that he could be charged with public indecency and he said he understood.

"I had to smile and laugh about it," Williams said. "I told them, 'You can't be doing this, if you do, do it in your own back yard.' "

Officers were on scene for 20 minutes handling the situation.

"It's not every day you see men in diapers," he said.

Complaint made to police about men in diapers

Fremont police responded to the area after receiving several complaints. Two of the complainants nearby said two of them left the area but one went inside a residence on St. Joseph.

Police found one of the men inside the home and he was still wearing a diaper.

A 19-year-old man said he and his friends thought it would be funny to run around in the diapers.

"They looked like pull-ups," Officer Donnale Williams said. "They thought it'd be a funny idea."

Williams advised the man that he could be charged with public indecency and he said he understood.

"I had to smile and laugh about it," Williams said. "I told them, 'You can't be doing this, if you do, do it in your own back yard.' "

Officers were on scene for 20 minutes handling the situation.

"It's not every day you see men in diapers," he said.

That's about 15 minutes from my house...I wear shorts over my diapers when I go outside:)

Technically, and I am sure that the resident legal eagle (Angela Bauer) can confirm, there is nothing indecent in the US about wearing only a diaper (males) or in the case of females, diaper and bra/top. If there was, I am sure that in the summer months, many male and female infants parents wuld be prosocuted.

I see your logic here babykeiff but parents routinely change infants and even toddlers diapers in public such as on a blanket in the park or at the beach etc and they don't prosecute for that either. I would think if someone pulled your wet diaper off on a blanket in the park and then cleaned you up and put a dry diaper on you it would cause both of you to be arrested if anyone witnessed it. I could be wrong since I'm not a lawyer though.

Hugs,

Freta

Guest YkDave

An infant is a different story...

Any adult walking around with only a diaper down there, is up for a free ride to the police station!

.....I don't see the issue...unless it's just discrimination

*shrug*

qwack

You've hit the bullseye but a good argument can be made that diapers are underwear and therefore illegal for an adult to go wearing around in public exposed :huh:We understand and we wouldn't care (perhaps we'd even like it to be common so we could free ourselves from our imhibitions) but we're a tiny minority and the majority doesn't understand :o So I don't expect adult diaper-wearing in public to become legal until someone pushes a case through the courts successfully- a megabucks proposition with a chancy outcome at best :(

Bettypooh

Technically, and I am sure that the resident legal eagle (Angela Bauer) can confirm, there is nothing indecent in the US about wearing only a diaper (males) or in the case of females, diaper and bra/top. If there was, I am sure that in the summer months, many male and female infants parents wuld be prosocuted.

They'd try the babies as adults for their heinous sex crimes, most probably :lol::rolleyes:

I hardly think a bunch of college kids fooling about with a pack of diapers they bought from Walmart for a joke constitutes indecent exposure. If they're being a real pain in the ass then by all means get them for disturbing public order or something but not something that's considered a sex crime, it's clearly overreacting. Now if someone deliberately goes about parading themselves in just a diaper for their own sexual thrills, that's clearly another matter but I don't think that was the case here, at least the police didn't imply such.

Why?? With the summer here, there are all sorts of VERY skimpy bathing suits that people wear all around, and no one bothers them. Ladies don't get arrested for wearing thong bikinis, with their butt hanging (sticking?) out for all to see, lots of bare skin and camel toe etc... Not much left for the imagination. Guys wear speedos (weather they are fit or not ):P

A diaper covers a LOT more, so I don't see the issue...unless it's just discrimination

*shrug*

qwack

It is definitely discrimination, since even talking about incontinence is taboo. People go out in their underwear all the time to get the paper and even run around in boxer shorts with nothing else on. I find it to be contradictory that a woman can dress smutty and show just about everything to creation, but a male cannot go around wearing a diaper. Hmmmmmm...

If we are supposed to be an advanced society, we are still so unenlightened and have a very long way to go...

Unfortunately, Baby Keiff, each jurisdiction even within the USA has its own attitudes about exposed adult diapers. Please remember I practice civil corporate litigation, not criminal defense of individuals. Of course over my 20 years communicating about incontinence and ABDL the topic of public display of adult diapers has been discussed often, so I have done some research.

It is simplistic and potentially dangerous to assume wearing an exposed adult diaper is always legal. Although I cannot find any published court case in which a person arrested while diapered has been found not guilty, I have found many cases where the defendant was found guilty. There are no cases which were reviewed by any appellate court, probably because the penalty for a guilty verdict are so small. I also assume the lack of non guilty verdicts means that only the most outlandish incidents went to court. Perhaps other cases were never filed because a plea was worked out.

Okay, so what this means is wearing a diaper in public is a legal crap shoot, where the law enforcement has nothing to lose, making this a really bad bet! All my life there has been a budget crunch in the legal system, so often the policy is to ignore technical violations of law where there was not an especially vocal complaint.

In the incident mentioned by Daily Di, the reporter claimed the cop laughed this off. There are some ABDL cops who are members here and I knew several back on DPF. More likely the cop did not consider whoever complained to be a good witness, so it was practical to let the diapered dudes off with a warning. This does not mean those goofs are entirely in the clear, because chances are strong they will be watched carefully for future misconduct. Possibly they drink over-much or did not pay for the diapers.

Just suppose some tight-ass old biddy made the complaint and her brother is a judge or mayor? If that woman scrubs-up well and has a reputation for being a really good witness, then the cop might have made an arrest and a deputy district attorney would have found several laws violated by those goof-ups. Appellate courts tend to find "indecent exposure" vague, but have constantly up-held "public nuisance or disturbance" charges. Depending on the jurisdiction upon conviction of such a charge the perp might be registered as a sex offender. RSO is a total buzz-kill for future employment or credit. Unfortunately over-worked Public Defenders often suggest a guilty-plea for public disturbance because rarely is there jail time and the fines are low. Better would be to hire a good private criminal defense attorney to get the case dismissed before trial, but such an attorney will charge real money.

So, think what it would be like on a warm night of drinking at college. Some genious rips off a bag of generic adult diapers. Others decide to strip and put on those didees before running past the sorority row and the dean's house. The mayor's wife is giving a party for her even more up-tight lady friends. Someone calls the cops. Bottom line is that one of the goof-ups has to phone his father to get the family attorney to arrange bail. Assuming the attorney is good, what do you think the consequences will be the next time Goof-Up meets the Father Unit?

My suggestion, ABDL to ABDL, is prior to running around in an exposed didee put a bunch of cash in an off-shore bank account to which you have provided the password to both a good defense attorney and bailbondsman. That way made your family will not find out.

• 5 months later...

he could not be charged with indecent exposure (unless the city has an ordinance agaisnt exposed underwear which some towns are starting) however a public disturbance charge is possible and if not there's the "disorderly conduct" catch all that can be used for just about anything

• 1 month later...

Well , if they are going to arrest me for exposed diapers. They'd need to arrest 90% of the teenagers in the area too... Somehow its socially acceptable to have your pants at your ankles, and Still be homophobic, even when they know the history of "sagging" :whistling:

Pants on the ground! Pants on the ground! Lookin' like a foo' wit'cho pants on the ground!