LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dl Town.

Unfortunately, idiots are rampant. I've been a contributor to the online ABDL community for over 15 years and I've gotten my share of grief. I own and operate adult web sites for a living, so I decided to open Diapered Online as a way of giving something to the community. At the time I first opened it, there were no other sites like it anywhere that I knew of. That was 13 years ago.

I spent a lot of money hiring models and setting everything up. Hosting was even more expensive back then than it is now. It was a pay site design to offset the costs going into it, but I was still losing money on it. Despite all that, I got half a dozen emails a day from people absolutely insisting the site should be free and I was some kind of monster akin to Hitler for charging for access. Every now and then I would get a positive message, but they were rare.

I'm experienced enough now to realize when people are unhappy, they will complain. If they are happy, they say nothing. Once you figure out the negative people are simply more vocal, you'll be much happier.

I agree with what the owners of DLTown...people put a good amount of work and money into hosting sites, writing, blogging, maintaining, whatever they may do - they contribute to the community. Yet, people have to act immature and ruin it for everybody. Truly sad - I like that site too.

I'm sorry to hear DL Town is gone. I've been part of the ABDL community for a long time myself, and it never ceases to amaze me how selfish, introverted, and downright rude many of its members can be. Yet, among the riffraff, there are a handful of truly wonderful people too. It is for them that I stay a part of it all, and try to contribute.

And you're right, square_duck, running sites like these is often a thankless job. I said it on the Tweety, but I'll say it again here:

Thank you, DailyDi!

"....The demise if diapertown is an illustration of what happens with an open door policy and lack of policing of the flood of degenerates who will come through. Possibly, If they had been more active with the ban button, much of the BS they were suffering from would have been controlled...."

Absolutely right :thumbsup: I wasn't there so I don't know those details but I've seen just what everyone says kill a lot of sites and chase off a lot of good people :angry: Oh, the problems- some people thing just because they are somewhat anonymous they can raise cain any way they want to. Some site owners think once they build it the work is all over. It doesn't work that way- nobody owes you access to their site and/or it's features. If you go there you follow their rules- if you don;t like that then leave! <_< And if you're thinking about building a site with forum you're work is going to be tedious and nearly endless sometimes- if you don't like that your site will turn to crap all by itself, just give it time :( "WWW" means "Wild wild west" too :o They're both much the same- drifters who come and go, scammers who take your money and dissappear, good people who stay, not-so-good people who stay too. Without a "sheriff"(moderator)who can and will enforce the rules the town(site) goes to pieces and all the good people leave first :blush: By then there's no point in bothering to try to 'tame' whoever's left- you had your chance and you didn't take advantage of it- and now it's all gone to the dogs.

There's no changing people- there will always be people who think they are entitled to do as they wish wherever they go. There will always be scammers. All you can do is weed them out when you find them and go on with life knowing that if the weeds take over it's because you let them ;)

Bettypooh

That's too bad. I'm sorry to see another AB/DL site gone. Well said, everyone.

I would also like to thank DailyDi for this wonderful site.

When I was really coming into realizing that I was a DL, it was sites like this one and Diapered Online that really helped me realize what it was that was going on with me. For disgusting behavior like that to destroy a community that is really still in its infancy (no pun intended) is something that is felt by everybody in a negative way.

Sure I've made some posts intending to be an asshole and meant to attack others (08 elections specifically), or just posting something that is meant to be funny by being just eighter random as hell, or outrageous. Many others have made posts like that as well but I think I speak for all who do that (you know who you are ;) ) when I sincerely type here that they were never overly serious even in the heated discussions back half a year ago.

I personally think that the behaviors that hurt this community such as spamming any female that registers on here, blatently badgering people for anything, or posting stuff that is way beyond the realm of rational AB/DL activity. It really is a shame to think that this type of behavior destroyed a site.

Thanks for all that you do DailyDi!

The funny thing is that DLTown split off from DiaperSpace for exactly the same reason they now say they are closing for.

My reason for saying this? I was told in the DLTown chatroom by at least 5 different users "I am on this site cuz they banned me from Diaperspace" or "This site (DLTown) is so much better than Diaperspace".

Making their own site in order to "escape" from what they disliked from another site is not gonna work, and when the users from the new site constantly spam on the old site "Come over here to blahblah.com, it's SO MUCH BETTER", is just gonna bring those same "undesirable elements" to the new site. It is very hypocritical of them to whine and shutdown their site because people did the same thing to them that they did to the admins of Diaperspace. (And by the way, for anyone who didn't use DLTown but did use Diaperspace, DLTown was trying to CLONE the "look & feel" of the Diaperspace system, using the same server software and all.)

I am annoyed that they shutdown with no advanced warning (I had a profile filled out), but my feeling about it: They need to get their heads outta their rectums and understand that it was their own fault people bad-mouthed them because of the way they bad-mouthed Diaperspace. If they only wanted a certain "population", they shouldn't have spammed the other sites the way they did.

I know I will probably get flamed for my opinion, but I'm just calling it based on what I experienced.

It's not just idiots on the internet either. Look at communities where people clean them up, plant flowers and paint walls and buildings to improve their neighborhoods. Within a week some stupid people, sorry, ANIMALS have to vandalize it, paint grafitti, trample the flowers, break into the school and throw the computers on the floor, over flow the water in the sinks, trash the desks, etc. What about cemitaries? Vandals who bust headstones and ruin graves and ornaments? And why? Is it fun to trash something nice that other people have worked hard for? They must feel wonderful disrespecting and vandalizing the grave of a WW2 veteran who fought hard for the freedoms we enjoy in this country! Unfortunatly, it's the nature of some of these lawless creeps to get their jollies by being anti society and ruining it for everyone. My feelings tend to lean towards 2 things with some of these creatures - either run them feet first through a meat grinder or lock them away for 20 years with a 400 pound monster named "Bubba".

Just FYI I'm in the process of talking with Shannon right now to see if I can't get something together to take over the site and possibly even restore the old content that was there to preserve everyone's usernames, profiles, photos, etc until I get a new "creep free" version of the site up and running. I know some of you are familiar with my name, some are not. But as a professional PHP (Website) programmer for the past 11 years, I've come up with some nice ways to improve on the site and hopefully start cleaning up the community a bit to put all the creepy mannerless guys on ice and let the rest of us get on with our social lives in the community.

Nothing is set in stone, we've only just begun talking about it, but dltown has proven to be one of the best sites we've had in the community so far (right up there with DD here) because of the dedication, time, and effort put into it. I would hate to see it go, and being that I'm a member of the community who has the knowledge and desire to not only keep it here, but make it better, I'm going to do anything I can to get things back in gear.

I'll certainly post back here with any updates on the situation and hopefully we can get things going again before too much time passes.

It's not just idiots on the internet either. Look at communities where people clean them up, plant flowers and paint walls and buildings to improve their neighborhoods. Within a week some stupid people, sorry, ANIMALS have to vandalize it, paint grafitti, trample the flowers, break into the school and throw the computers on the floor, over flow the water in the sinks, trash the desks, etc.

That's very true rusty, but the thing people don't realize (and yes I intend to make all of these horny little tards who can't keep it in their pants and act mature for 5 minutes understand this concept) is that on the internet... on your website... that you run... you... are... god... so they can try to do whatever they want, but you have the ultimate control over them. You just have to decide when, where, and how you intend to exercise it.

Making their own site in order to "escape" from what they disliked from another site is not gonna work, and when the users from the new site constantly spam on the old site "Come over here to blahblah.com, it's SO MUCH BETTER", is just gonna bring those same "undesirable elements" to the new site. It is very hypocritical of them to whine and shutdown their site because people did the same thing to them that they did to the admins of Diaperspace. (And by the way, for anyone who didn't use DLTown but did use Diaperspace, DLTown was trying to CLONE the "look & feel" of the Diaperspace system, using the same server software and all.)

Their intentions were noble nonetheless. Unfortunately you have to remember the totally unbalanced ratio of men to women in the community. Because of that, and the anonymity that the internet gives you (for the most part), many guys feel that it's "ok" to behave irrationally towards women online. Saying and doing things they would never even think about doing normally. And yes they did in fact copy the same open source system that was used for diaperspace. But if you even had the slightest idea of how complex a system like that really is and how long it would take to build one from scratch, coupled with the fact that it is the only myspace clone out there right now, they really didn't have much choice.

I happen to be in a somewhat unique situation here as I'm finishing up work for a client on a myspace type site which I built from scratch. So there are several technologies I've already written for that which could easily be modified to work with a site like dltown or diaperspace to help clean it up. They put in countless hours of their time and tons of their money to try to improve the community by manually cleaning up the messes that these immature people are making. Diaperspace on the other hand has chosen to implement automated systems that ban users and delete accounts based on a set of parameters that sometimes applies to fakes and spammers. So complain all you want about what they did or didn't do right, but until you fully grasp the situation, and the immense effort they put in to improve all of our lives in this community, you really can't begin to understand why they did what they did.