LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bed-wetting Not Just A Problem For Children

<h1 class="in-article">Bed-wetting not just a problem for children</h1>

My husband and I run a small bed and breakfast with a single suite. A couple of months ago a couple stayed in the suite, I discovered afterwards the sheet was soaked on one side with urine. The couple were adults, and one had wet the bed. I was astounded. The couple had already paid and left when I went to take off the sheets to change and make the bed to prepare for future guests. I hadn't seen this sort of thing at our place. Neither one of the couple had said anything. I didn't say anything either, just changed the sheets. Thankfully the mattress had a wet-proof cover, so there was no permanent stain left.

Bed-wetting, most people might think, is what happens with young children. Adults have the problem too. There is considerable shame involved for those with the issue. They often don't stay overnight, worrying about what might happen. Perhaps one member of the couple didn't think it would happen and was too embarrassed to say anything, since we usually sit with our guests at breakfast.

It turns out that 26 million adults in the United States have urinary incontinence and might wet the bed at night. The condition is called nocturnal enuresis. It can occur after some medical procedures, develop for some as they age, or be part of a problem that has existed over a number of years and hasn't been faced by the sufferer. Experts maintain the problem shouldn't be treated lightly as it can have serious effects on a person's life. For example, it can affect sleep, relationships and can be financially difficult because of the cost of bedding changes.

There are medications to help and support groups for people with this problem, so there is no need to hide from it since information exists about it. The Simon Foundation is devoted to helping people deal with the problem, understand and admit they have it, and be able to then seek treatment.

The National Incontinence Organization provides products for care including sanitary supplies and special creams. It also has information for those with bed-wetting problems.

Organizations declare the problem of bed-wetting is under-reported and 2/3 of those between the ages of 30 and 70 haven't discussed bladder issues with their physicians. So information is provided by the National Association for Continence to help people learn about the condition of bed-wetting and be able to deal with it and assist others to understand.

I did nothing; there was nothing to do when bed-wetting occurred in that suite. I could only wish whoever responsible get medical help for the problem so that shame might not get in the way.

If I ran a BnB, maybe I should leave a few spare diapers in one of the drawers with a note that reads "If you need some, help yourself. Your secret is safe with me."

I don't want to be an a-hole here but where is the one's own adult responsibility kick in. Those "Guests" were total jerks. If it was a chronic problem they should have brought their own protection. If it was a a one off thing they should have at least offered to replace the matress.

I don't want to be an a-hole here but where is the one's own adult responsibility kick in. Those "Guests" were total jerks. If it was a chronic problem they should have brought their own protection. If it was a a one off thing they should have at least offered to replace the matress.

Or maybe they are kinky people who wanted to enjoy some golden showers while having some sex??? Just a thought. Still I guess should have brought protection.