LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab/dl Con?

If there was an AB/DL convention in close to you would you go?

I have noticed that there they don't appear to exist. I can say that the idea does not really apeal to me because it would probably be a major sausage party and I don't think I would be comfortable walking from my hotel room down to a meeting room and back. I wanted to know what others im the community though.

was it here, aby or rupadded where I've seen the publicity for a get-together at an inn in vermont....the owner is abdl and is booking it exclusively for abdl's on that particular weekend...

I probably couldn't go anyway, but would be a little hesitant 'cause I'm still very diaper shy...

There are AB/DL celebs??? :huh: did I miss something???....somewhere??

haha, I've never been to any sort of 'con' before, I was just assuming that normally commercial businesses involved in whatever niche was involved would be there advertising... Or is this different from what you guys are discussing?

Although it would be interesting to meet other AB/DLs in real life, I don't know that I'd actually make the effort to go to a convention. Even if it was cheap to attend and very, very close to where I live, I just wouldn't be quite as comfortable attending. Granted, I would like to meet other members of the community, but not in such a formalized and semi-public setting. I just prefer one-on-one engagements.

Come, come, Repaid1,

Going back to pre-history DPF produced many large ABDL conventions in the San Francisco area. There were over 70 at the DPF 3 day party in June 1993, which also celebrated Tommy's birthday. The Saturday night portion of the party was at Tommy and Markie's beautiful house on a hillside in Mill Valley. Besides my husband Don and myself there were a few other straight couples. For some reason the motels close to Mill Valley were full. Don and I stayed at the then new Courtyard by Marriott in Larkspur.

In April 1993 Don and I co-hosted with our friends Crissy and Eliot Penn a convention for couples in Hollywood, CA. A total of 15 couples came, some from New Jersey. The psychologist Mary Ann Hogan, PhD, flew in from St Louis with one of her AB patients.

Tommy asked us to co-host another DPF convention at a resort in Highland, CA scheduled for June 1994. A bunch of us started work on that during his 1993 event. As a result of the January 1994 Southern California earthquake in Northrige, that DPF conventioned was canceled. After that Tommy gave up on the idea.

There still are ABDL gatherings. One of the major problems is that ABDL tend to only decide at the last moment. Planning that way is nearly impossible for the convention organizers.

I must say from attending several DPF and other events they were loads of fun.

It was formulated some many years ago by the now defunct DPF site. Never really got off the ground..so don't really know what else to say.

haha, I've never been to any sort of 'con' before, I was just assuming that normally commercial businesses involved in whatever niche was involved would be there advertising... Or is this different from what you guys are discussing?

They have them for Sci Fi, comic books and furries too.

It's highly dependent on what kind of gathering or con one's talking about... I don't do well with large crowds... But if it was something medium/small sized, within reasonable driving time, and not too expensive to attend, then sure I'd show up.

Come, come, Repaid1,

Going back to pre-history DPF produced many large ABDL conventions in the San Francisco area. There were over 70 at the DPF 3 day party in June 1993, which also celebrated Tommy's birthday. The Saturday night portion of the party was at Tommy and Markie's beautiful house on a hillside in Mill Valley. Besides my husband Don and myself there were a few other straight couples. For some reason the motels close to Mill Valley were full. Don and I stayed at the then new Courtyard by Marriott in Larkspur.

In April 1993 Don and I co-hosted with our friends Crissy and Eliot Penn a convention for couples in Hollywood, CA. A total of 15 couples came, some from New Jersey. The psychologist Mary Ann Hogan, PhD, flew in from St Louis with one of her AB patients.

Tommy asked us to co-host another DPF convention at a resort in Highland, CA scheduled for June 1994. A bunch of us started work on that during his 1993 event. As a result of the January 1994 Southern California earthquake in Northrige, that DPF conventioned was canceled. After that Tommy gave up on the idea.

There still are ABDL gatherings. One of the major problems is that ABDL tend to only decide at the last moment. Planning that way is nearly impossible for the convention organizers.

Yeah Angela, I must be loosing my memory. Although I took alot of Tommy's get togethers as Parties not so much Conventions...I think I was thinking more of the WABBIDL or whatever it was called planned for Vegas.....

Absolutely. Although it would depend on venue/whether I can get there, costs and whatever. I would be highly interested. In some densely-populated place like NYC or suchlike you could probably advertise and organise one pretty easily if you really wanted to.

Probably women will always be a minority at ABDL events.

Back in 1990 I went to my first ABDL costume party with my sister Missy. We were the only biological women there, with 75 men. We had a marvelous time!

A month later I participated in a monthly ABDL party in West Hollywood where I was the only biological woman with 25 guys. They treated me like a royal princess.

Over the years the percentage of women has increased. For example on Sunday 22 March at a private AB brunch there were 3 male big babies, 3 female big babies plus a Daddy, a Mommy and a Nanny, so gals outnumbered guys!

At our SpringFling'93 AB Couples weekend there was only one extra guy because his wife was too sick to travel.

At Tommy's June 1993 DPF Birthday weekend there were 9 women.

Some ABDL sites have as many as 25% female.

Certainly the ABDL community today is not like in our grandfather's day!

Hi,

I went to smaller events in Germany. But girls were underepresented there.

Babygirl Kvetinka

I'd be willing to meet others one on one in a neutral place, I might even be tempted to attend something like a munch. I probably wouldn't be interested in a convention however. Being transgendered I've been to trans conventions and they are really helpful with networking with others on the same path. Unlike my trans side I don't need doctors, therapists, electrologists, cosmetologists, voice coaches color and fashion consultants or classes on how to care for my AB/DL side. I just need the list of vendors and some friends to chat with and I'm a happy camper.

Hugs,

Freta

I'd probably try to go to one if there was one local to me. I tend to do better in small groups or one-on-one but there are ways to make larger gatherings doable for me. Name tags would be an absolute must, for example.

I'd love to meet some people for coffee/tea/whatever and just chat it up a bit. Whether people would come wearing or not wouldn't even matter, but one can talk about wearing just about anywhere.

Don't forget the Sizzles we had in Norwalk! Those were fun!

Come, come, Repaid1,

Ho My Yes, The Sizzles! So many good times and good friends.

SoCalAB totally took the ball and ran with it. Tiny Tony lived close to the Norwalk Sizzler Restaurant. He thought of making name tags on bright yellow paper that otherwise only said "DPF" Those tags were attached using diaper pins.

After several of those Sizzles it was SoCalAB who planned and organized the big Summer of 1996 camping trip to a mountain. I could not go because of work. Don blew out 2 tires on the drive up. Do you still have the photos around the camp fire?

Don't forget the Sizzles we had in Norwalk! Those were fun!