LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Platic Pants?

hello, I've never had platic pants before, but am looking to get a pair soon. thing is, there is so much choice out there, and really don't know where to start / what I'm looking for.

Could you perhaps give me the low-down on what to look for / materials etc?

Looking for failrly plain, white / translucent - something like a baby might use - that sort of soft vinyl type I guess.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, as I don't have a clue! (I will probably be ordering from airoliver.de)

thanks!

It depends on what you want the plastic pants for.

I wear cloth diapers and therefore plastic pants are a must.

I wear thick cloth diapers because I sleep wet. I wear my plastic pants loose to allow air to circulate.

Plastic pants are a matter of preference. Some people like to use plastic pants to keep diapers snug.

There are plenty of suppliers in America. Check with Comco and Fetware.

hello, I've never had platic pants before, but am looking to get a pair soon. thing is, there is so much choice out there, and really don't know where to start / what I'm looking for.

Could you perhaps give me the low-down on what to look for / materials etc?

Looking for failrly plain, white / translucent - something like a baby might use - that sort of soft vinyl type I guess.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, as I don't have a clue! (I will probably be ordering from airoliver.de)

thanks!

hello, I've never had platic pants before, ! (I will probably be ordering from airoliver.de)

thanks!

you could do much worse than Airoliver. Check out Suprima at www.B4NS.com or plastic-pants.com for Gary plastic pants.

Have you ever worn cotton briefs that were too small over your diaper? Really snug? Do you want your plastic pants to fit that way?

As above, I prefer loose fitting with snug elastics for circulation of air.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Fetware.com works..first, look at the sizing chart.Then go look at "Hi-Back" style pants. Lastly, look at & read the fabric descriptions. Other than that.....just spend a bit of money, and see if you like them (you will).

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm planning on wearing them with disposables - not to keep them snug (that'll be the job of my onesie), but to stop leaks at night when I'm sleeping on my side.

I'll have a look around and see what takes my fancy!

thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm planning on wearing them with disposables - not to keep them snug (that'll be the job of my onesie), but to stop leaks at night when I'm sleeping on my side.

I'll have a look around and see what takes my fancy!

thanks

Best advice: Listen well to those here who are incontinent. I'm not, but from my limited experience, I don't think plastic pants will stop leaks at night or during the day. They will help a little but I further suspect that the tighter the plastic pants the less protection you'll have. Stay loose...

The function of plastic pants is mainly to protect against the dampness of a cloth diaper - I do wear plastic over a disposable during the day to lessen the effects of leaks, but they are not a dam against a river of pee! If you have a leakage problem at night, even doubling might not help...perhaps give cloth a try.

Always remember that modern disposable diapers have a waterproof outer layer. They are designed for the way most incontinent people wet, which is in small spurts and dribbles. People with better bladder control still retain urine for awhile and let go in a bigger flood. Rarely can a disposable absorb these floods fast enough there will be no puddling. It is the puddle that leaks.

Covering the waterproof outer layer of disposables with another plastic layer of panties can become very uncomfortable, especially in warm weather or indoors. "Bedwetter" pants were designed as a compromise. These are plastic pants lined with absorbent cloth, typically terry.

The downside to such a combination pant is that the cloth part needs to be washed in really hot water while the waterproof part works best when washed in luke warm water. Bedwetter pants need to be dried slowly indoors away from direct heat so the inside where the plastic meets the cloth can get dry.

As a compromise consider wearing thick cotton undies over your disposable diaper, then covering that with ordinary loose plastic panties. The mistake is to select plastic pants that are too tight. The trick to slowing leaks is to allow enough of the soft plastic material to cling to your skin, especially around your legs. Support of the plastic pants and diaper should come from your Onesies or other outer clothing.

The magic of good cloth diapers are that they can deal with larger floods better than disposables. Of course the total capacity of a cloth diaper is limited, but can be increased with stuffers. The intention is that diapers of any kind be changed frequently enough the urine does not turn sour turning to ammonia. Also our own sweat can become very irritating. Modern disposables contain a feel-dry inner layer that draws sweat and urine away from our skin. The padding and gel of disposables helps reduce the odor of stale urine.

Consider in warm weather using a small disposable, such as a baby diaper, inside your cloth diaper as the soaker next to your skin. It will feel dryer and reduce odor. The cloth diaper deals with the flood. The plastic pants contain the leaks. Everyone wins!

will plastic pants work with disposables? what kind are good for just keeping a diaper snug?

I wear plastic pants over my disposable diaper every night to bed. I find that while this doesn't stop big leaks, it does catch the small leaks that won't necessarily ruin your mattress but are just kind of annoying.

My problem with plastic pants are that they fall apart so quickly. Btw, I wash them by hand with a little bit of hand soap. I have ordered from fetware and adultclothdiaper.com. Fetware has been hit or miss. I have had pairs last for several months, some have started falling apart after the first week. My last order was from adultclothdiaper and they started unraveling right away. They still function but it's just annoying how quickly they start coming apart.

Anyone have any better luck?