LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ryanair Mulls Charge For Toilets

No mention of diapers in the article, but if they start charging for using the toilet on aircraft, I won't be the only adult aboard wearing a diaper!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7914542.stm

I think I'll open a diaper stand in my local airport. :)

But what do you do if you're on a long flight, and need to change? Where would you go? There's not much room on airplanes, especially in coach.

But what do you do if you're on a long flight, and need to change? Where would you go? There's not much room on airplanes, especially in coach.

Ryanair usually does just short flights, mostly an hour or 2. I think the longest is 3 or 4 hours, which should be managable if you change before the flight and limit your fluid intake.

Free nappies? From a company that charges for lav access? Not hardly! But I am sure that they'd be happy to sell you one!

I fly diapered fairly often here in the States and I do it because I like to. But this would mean I'd fly diapered because I would need to!

Next up - breathing surcharge?

Don

Let's see. $25.00 for baggage. $5.00 for restroom token or $2.50 for a disposable diaper. I wonder what it would cost them to take out a couple of seats for a private adult changing "table" or area? I wonder if it would cost them more in lost revenue versus what it costs to deal with bathroom upkeep? What will the TSA do when people want to wear cloth diapers with diaper pins instead of disposables to be able to last the entire flight? OMG This opens up a whole can of worms! Me, I'll stick with my Molicares, soakers and plastic pants...

Seems they are actually serious about going through with it and are having boeing engineering look into installing credit card machines on the bathroom doors.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29532865/

The irony of all this is that the airline industry, in its infancy, stole the "transportation of the masses" show from the railroads because of rail's inattentiveness to the needs of passenger. its arrogant attitude toward the needs of transportation in the country and its refusal to adapt to KEEP its passenger base. Now, in the "cat bird seat", the airline industry has gotten so cut-throat, it is bleeding to death. So now, WHO will pay? Of course, the passengers! I wonder what they would do if the 90 passengers on a full DC-9 Dash 70 - just to prove a point - chose to pee and poop their pants, and just sit in it during the flight? Would they BEGIN to hand out diapers? OR, would they decide that they had pushed the passenger base just one tiny step too far? Of course, you'd probably have to decide whether it was less expensive to buy one of the airline's diapers or pay for the "potty card", to get you in IF you needed it!

Before we get our diapers in a twist, something we should take in mind.

1. Michael O'Leary (CEO of Ryanair) is not your typical pre-fab Ivy League Business school CEO, nor is he one of those self-made eccentric millionaire CEO's who want their companies to be the best. MOL is unique kind of profit hungry CEO who charges rock-bottom prices and cuts anything non-essential (sort of attitude that says- you get what you pay for). If the EU didn't make him put life vest, or didn't monitor his planes, he would probably charge for the seat belts.

2. Ryanair is what you get when he is the CEO. They charge rock-bottom prices (their prices are really good) to fly between secondary airports-usually about 60 miles from the actual city you want to visit, with absolutely zero service. In other words, this isn't Jet Blue with their free Direct TV in your seat.

3. Most other airlines don't follow Ryan Air. They follow Southwest (if they do this, then everyone else will follow) or Easy Jet. It definitely wouldn't fly in the USA, and I doubt the FAA would allow it anyway. I don't even think it will work in Europe (Ryanair will lose customers from this, and the money they make from the toilets may not offset it).

Still that being said, how is this for a scenario:

Ryanair charges for the bathroom, causing a number of people to wear a diaper for their flight. After using the diaper, they realize they enjoy it, and our numbers increase.

They charge rock-bottom prices (their prices are really good) to fly between...

Sorry spark to pick you up on this, but you seem to be missing a huge point here. When the cost all the extras that you have no alternative but have to pay for is included, Ryanair prices are over 150% dearer than their nearest rival.

Please see my post http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...st&p=187942

Sorry spark to pick you up on this, but you seem to be missing a huge point here. When the cost all the extras that you have no alternative but have to pay for is included, Ryanair prices are over 150% dearer than their nearest rival.

Yeah I have to agree with babykeiff, luckily I've only had a few few experiences with Pikeyairways (aka Ryanair) and every time I have always found other airlines to be cheaper (especially after all the add-ons they they hit you with).

The only problem is sometimes they are the only airline that will fly in to some airports so you have no choice but to use them

Would they BEGIN to hand out diapers? OR, would they decide that they had pushed the passenger base just one tiny step too far? Of course, you'd probably have to decide whether it was less expensive to buy one of the airline's diapers or pay for the "potty card", to get you in IF you needed it!

I reckon they would carry an emergency diaper in the locker above your head. There will be a laminated card in the back of the seats explaining how to put the diaper on correctly (complete with diagrams) and before the aircraft starts to taxi the air crew will stand at the front and explain that in case of emergency, ie a full bladder (although this is unlikely, given that the in flight drinks are so small) an emergency diaper will drop down from above your head. They will then give you a demonstration of how you should put the diaper under your crotch and pull the tabs firmly around your waist. Also, attached to the diaper there is a torch (in case you need to put it on when they dim the lights) and a whistle (in case you start to leak and need to attract attention for a fresh diaper).

That will be how they'll do it. ;)

Beth

I reckon they would carry an emergency diaper in the locker above your head. There will be a laminated card in the back of the seats explaining how to put the diaper on correctly (complete with diagrams) and before the aircraft starts to taxi the air crew will stand at the front and explain that in case of emergency, ie a full bladder (although this is unlikely, given that the in flight drinks are so small) an emergency diaper will drop down from above your head. They will then give you a demonstration of how you should put the diaper under your crotch and pull the tabs firmly around your waist. Also, attached to the diaper there is a torch (in case you need to put it on when they dim the lights) and a whistle (in case you start to leak and need to attract attention for a fresh diaper).

That will be how they'll do it. ;)

Beth

Now, WHICH airline is going to start that? OMG. I want to be first on the plane! WHAT a novel idea, instead of the drivel about a "water landing", which is totally OBTUSE for an object weighing THAT much falling out of the sky. Plus, a properly applied and sealed pair of plastic pants could make a fabulous additional "flotation device"! Oh, the world of diapers and being a DL. I get more comfortable with it day by day!

Now, WHICH airline is going to start that? OMG. I want to be first on the plane! WHAT a novel idea, instead of the drivel about a "water landing", which is totally OBTUSE for an object weighing THAT much falling out of the sky. Plus, a properly applied and sealed pair of plastic pants could make a fabulous additional "flotation device"! Oh, the world of diapers and being a DL. I get more comfortable with it day by day!

Guess you missed the plane that crashed in the hudson river...

Sorry about that, I didn't notice the other post talking about Ryanair. I think made a good point (I like the statement that the Irish disown Ryanair). I knew that they were terrible (I wouldn't fly them if they were half price). All this begs the question: Why do people fly MOL slumlord airways?

Um, THAT, in the Hudson River, was the closest thing to a SURVIVABLE "water landing" ANYONE will ever see or be a part of! And, had it not been for the "solid water" to land on, the outcome might have been far different.

Now, Duck, that you've probably hit the nail on the head with all of the swiping that COULD have to be done - to get in, to wipe (if you have to), to flush, to wash your hands, to dry your hands, maybe a message could be sent if the used diaper was left not in the trash, but in the back of the seat, in the pocket WITH the air sickness bag! A plane full of THOSE might send a message! LMAO

And, I have to comment about the comments on the CEO of Ryanair. More power to him! If he wants to cut costs to the bone, if he wants to impose charges that people will pay, it's his trip. Just like those in the AB and DL world that have improved life for the true incon by demanding better adult disposable diapers, and keeping the adult plastic pant industry alive, it will be the customer - limited by Ryanair being the only carrier available in an area (maybe there is bus or train service to a larger transportation center?) - that will shape whether Ryanair is successful or flies off into oblivion. Especially now, it is the consumer that will shape whether a business continues or withers...