LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dropping A Diaper Size...

*bump*

So the holidays have passed...Well, except New Years...

I didn't eat well from the 24th to yesterday. There was ham...

Side note: Honestly I don't eat many animal products. I don't eat red meat - beef, pork, lamb, venison, veal, anything from cows, pigs, sheep, deer, etc - because of constipation issues, and I honestly dont miss it. I eat maybe 2 - 4 eggs a month unless they're in something or I'm craving them. I rarely drink any type of milk, even soy or nut "milks", and when I do it's usually for cereal. I only eat cheese, yogurt, ice cream, fish, or seafood when it's available...Even then, my seafood nomming is pretty infrequent...I also rarely go "out of my way" to get cheese, yogurt, ice cream, fish, or seafood unless i'm having a specific craving. The only meat I really eat is chicken, and I rarely even eat that. I guess my diet is mostly lacto-ovo vegetarian-y right now, even though I'm not vegetarian (because I don't avoid fowl or seafood, or things like chicken broth 100% of the time...I do think I could be a lacto-ovo vegetarian if it was slow, though. I'd like to make at least that transition anyhow, permanently).

I was given no other alternative for the ham, so I had to eat it or be harassed...Pretty much everything else had ham something on/in/touching it, too. I also was given candy and cookies as a gift. So ya, that's done with at least...

Today I'm back to eating right, and I got in about a half-hour of cardio today. I have no idea what my weight is...I probably gained a few pounds but I'm not worried. They'll shed as I get back on my regular patterns.

How's everyone else doing?

~ moogle

The holidays + long hours at work + lack of decent weather for my regular biking routine have all added pounds on for me. I'm 5 pounds up from my summer lows, but intend on getting back into a good routine once we are moved and settled in the UK. Luckily I'm dating the highly motivated resident diaper wearer OMFG. She'll kick my ass into shape soon enough!

Good job to all of those who have lost so far, it's definitely worth it! Just keep it up and it becomes natural after a while.

I lost 80lb (210lb -> 130lb) like this:

1) Switched exclusively to unsweetened tea and water for fluid intake. (this was like 20lb free because I was a serious coca-cola addict)

2) Dropped bleached flour

3) Kept white sugar to a minimum

4) Switched to olive oil for cooking

5) More fiber, especially soluble fiber

Those are the principles at least. I lost 50lb in the first year, the rest came off after about a year and a half.

I started eating a lot more beans and rice. Most of my meals beans and/or rice make up about 50% of what's on my plate. Not necessarily plain beans though, you can spice it up however you like. That's kinda why I like them both so much as staples, the variety is endless. You can add diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, or virtually anything else you can think of to beans and it will turn out okay most of the time. Rice is also delicious, especially if you are willing to invest in a rice cooker. White or brown, both are good by me. I started eating a lot more fruit as well, which was really just a good idea on all counts. I personally found fruit to be a good gateway food into healthy eating, as it often tastes sweet(with the added benefit of fructose not spiking your insulin like sucrose does), has a bit of fiber, and helps curb your appetite for the less healthy stuff if you eat a piece before a meal. Salads are also good, but unless you love eating them dry or with vinegar based dressing it is going to be counterproductive in the long run I imagine. Steamed veggies are also great, and if you can't live without butter on them, I would suggest giving a product called Smart Balance a shot, as it's very low in cholesterol, calories, and I personally think it tastes better than butter.

Most importantly, just know that eating healthy isn't just about losing weight. It really does make you feel better inside as well as outside. I would say that what really helped me push on wasn't so much that I looked better on account of being thinner, but because there was a very significant change in my mood when I began to eat better. The difference in the energy level is just tremendous. I am by no means athletic as it stands now, but everything just runs a bit smoother now that I'm a healthy weight.

I never ran into trouble with eating junk food as long as I made sure it was only one day out of the week and I made sure not to have a total pig out. I think that people can beat themselves up too much for seeking a bit of comfort food every now and again. I would say to not take it too hard on yourself if you do end up having a jag, it's just going to make you more stressed out in the long run if you do. It's all about making it the exception instead of the rule!

I don't pop into this thread much, since i feel like I am in no way able to keep up with the awesome progress being made by others here..all I can say is WOW!

Moogs dropped 2 diaper sizes??? sheesh.. amazing!

I have been sticking to my low/ no carb diet as best as possible. I eat as much salad at work when available, and have been sticking with (bad for you I know) Taco Bell or Del Taco bean burritos, and drink a ton of water, or coffee. Last night I was staving, so I went shopping and got a 1/2 pre fried chicken from the deli section and a box of frozen fish sticks AND a TV chicken nugget dinner...and ate everything except 1 piece left of the fried chicken.

I know I'm a pig...but I was H*U*N*G*R*Y! didn't eat all day...sheesh. I was amazed at the destruction I had wrought :blush:

Despite all this, I have still lost weight! :o I have a paid of black jeans that I wound up with somehow which are a size to small (36) I have been wearing size 38 for the last several years.

Well, I needed to go out and didn't want to wear my 'other' jeans (they have a hole in the pocket) so just for kicks and giggles I tried on the smaller black jeans over a diaper and tucked in the 2 shirts I was wearing.....and they FIT!

O*M*G! I almost fell over, 2 months ago there was no way in hell those would have gone over my fat a$ let alone zip and button....over a diaper to boot!

SO I must be doing something right, I've lost a pants size and can fit back into my old 36 jeans....

Party on garth! I'm redoubling what efforts I have and soldiering on.... if I can loos another say, 10 pounds I'd be happy.... :thumbsup:

just need to steer clear of that fried chicken :P

qwack :D

Awesome duckie! Keep it up! Also, thank you for the compliment, but I haven't gotten thin enough to regularly wear smalls...yet. I'll get there though, and I'm sure you'll get to your goals too - nice to fit in once too small pants, huh?? :D

~ moogle

I have maintained an 80 -85 lb lose for over a year. But even I have slipped a few pounds during this holiday season. But the good news is we all know what we have to do once the break is over.

Congrats and happy new year to all who are having success.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

I hopped on the scale this morning and it read 142 lbs. Yeah, not much of a change since the last time I posted my weight (at 145lbs), but I was plateaued a bit again. So even this made me smile! My BMI (calculator here) went from 38.2 - severely obese according to this (at 202 lbs) to 26.8 at 142 lbs - A difference of 11.4 BMI points. That's still overweight, but I'm getting there!

Has anyone gotten some new experiences since losing weight?

Example:

I've been either underweight or overweight for my whole life. As some of you may know, I was a scrawny little thing due to premature birth, and my weight skyrocketed around puberty. I've been losing weight healthily since 2008, and have since dropped 60 out of the 87 lbs I need to lose. Over the holidays, I saw my biofam...My cousin approached me (a little back-story, my cousin has always been a healthy weight, and has only gained weight due to having twins) and said, "Wow, you look great! How did you do it??" ...and I got O.o ...How do I handle THAT??

Oh, and I have two wonderings for everyone here...

The closer you get to your goals, do you become more excited yet afraid at the same time? I am...in 10 lbs I'll be at the high end of my normal weight, and in 27 lbs I'll be at my goal of 115 lbs (the middle of my healthy weight range)...I'm scared because I've NEVER been a normal weight that I can recall...So I don't know my exact "maintenance" level. I'm scared that once i reach my goal if I'll gain weight back trying to find that level, and/or if I'll still be unhappy once I reach my goal weight. I want to get healthy, stay healthy, and like my body for once...

One more:

I've also found healthy trigger foods that are like the "magic fairy dust" to get me to eat things that are better for me even when I'm tempted to eat more junk than I should (I still indulge myself when I'm REALLY craving, but I don't need seconds on indulgences). For me, these things are hummus and avocado. I've realized over the past year or so that I eat both like a lawnmower eats (well cuts but you guys know what i mean :P ) grass, and I can give myself a big ol' glop of either on most food and it be quality...Plus there's rarely any danger of me overdoing it, cause of the protein/fat content. Does anyone else have foods like these?

~ moogle

I'm currently ~185lbs and want to drop 15lbs to get down to 170, which will hopefully drop my waist size to fit into 'smalls'.

Wow Lex, what diaper brand is that? I'm 160 lbs and Bambino Medium diapers feel almost too small for me.

Wow Lex, what diaper brand is that? I'm 160 lbs and Bambino Medium diapers feel almost too small for me.

Heyo!

Bambinos actually. It's important to remember height/weight ratios though... and I'm a pretty tall baby ;-)

I was able to fit into a small bambino this past weekend. It was a little tight, but I could get the tapes a good 2" onto the landing area and they held great without any stretching or being 'overly tight' around the waist (although I did find they were a 'little' tight around my legs). Further, the smalls are just a little -too- small on me given my frame size. I think going forward I'll happily stick to mediums, but am nevertheless glad to be down a few pounds. I hope to continue losing weight, despite no longer desiring a smaller diaper size :)

I hope everyone else is accomplishing their weight loss goals. I'm really impressed with some of the success stories. Keep it up mon amis.

--Lex

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Bumping this for a quick cardio tip!

Do you guys like Slinkies?

I do...and I've made mine (well, my roomie's) into a quick workout.

Here's how:

1. Go downstairs as fast as I can without falling.

2. Grab Slinky.

3. Go upstairs with Slinky.

4. Let Slinky slink down the stairs and laugh.

5. Repeat steps 1 - 4 until I'm too tired to do it again.

~ moogle

Hey guys! Bumping this for a quick cardio tip!

Do you guys like Slinkies?

I do...and I've made mine (well, my roomie's) into a quick workout.

Here's how:

1. Go downstairs as fast as I can without falling.

2. Grab Slinky.

3. Go upstairs with Slinky.

4. Let Slinky slink down the stairs and laugh.

5. Repeat steps 1 - 4 until I'm too tired to do it again.

~ moogle

I think that is the coolest exercise I've ever heard of, seriously. Who doesn't love a slinky? Now to go to China like Ace Ventura! :o

And congrats to everyone on this thread, I read through and I'm amazed at the progress you have made. Very inspiring! :)

Guest little_jonny

i'm in..

i was at 200 pounds in january

then droped down to 195

and last time i checked i lost a few more pounds..

so now i'm at about 188 pounds.

i would like to be at 170 pounds

a good tip for anyone who is having trouble losing weight... stop drinking pop. even diet pop you will be surprised of how much weight you will lose if you cut pop out.. drink green tea, water, and aything else that i better for you. if you'r gonna drink juice, watch how much ou drink, even some juice drinks have a good bit of sugar in it

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I live in Minnesota and spring is coming to us. The snow is melting quickly (I know more is one the way) and more people are coming out of hibernation every day. I live in an area where we have many paved walking trails and even though we are metropolitan we have an abundance of wildlife in the area.

For the last 10 days I been able to begin my daily walking regimen. The trails are still slippery in places (we had a lot of rain on Christmas Day) but every day they open up more as the sun gets higher and warmer. Yesterday I was able to walk just under 5 miles at a pretty good pace.

I have always liked walking and having a large wildlife area increases the pleasure. In the past 10 days I have managed to drop 5 pounds. I started out doing a mile and a quarter and today I will probably top the 5 mile mark.

I doubt I will ever go from medium diapers to a smaller size but since I started the Atkins diet and my exercise program nearly 2 years ago, I have maintained an 80 pound weight lose, I've gone from large to medium sized diapers, my plastic pants fit loosely and my sleep apnea has greatly improved. I would like to lose another 20 pounds before May.

I wanted to reactivate this for those of us who have responded to this thread in the past. Let us know how your results are going and let's encourage each other in our efforts to reach our goals.

Guest Diapered Jeff

I live near Denver, and I've been on the rise in weight since I quit smoking. Originally when I started wearing diapers, I had gotten "medium" size depends (this was when I was 17 years old), and now even the large size Depends barely fit at all, but the XL in other brands are too big (go figure, right?), so my plan is to begin a daily exercise regimen in the spring (walking mostly), and eventually get back to going to the gym regularly. You know it's sad when you live in an apartment complex that has a gym, but you never use it. :(

Anyway, my goal is that by my birthday in August (and this is being WAY conservative) I want to lose at the least 10-20lbs. I'm currently at 180, probably closer to 190 by now after all the pizza I've been eating this last week, so even losing 10 lbs by summer is a victory in my book. Yeah, I'm one of those who prefer slow, and steady results, not the fast, furious, and really unhealthy progressive steps, i.e. "Lose 50lbs in two weeks!" Ultimately, I want to be able to fit into medium size diapers as comfortably as I once did with the large sizes.

So if anyone is near Denver, give me a holler, and maybe we can get together and get a good exercise/work out schedule going. :)

I need to recommit to eating healthy. Sadly an onslaught of guests and parties has distracted me from the 'good path'.

Time to get back on the wagon. Seeing this thread is always a good reminder ;-)

Be well!

--Lex

Since most people here want a 'diet' in order to loose/gain weight, let me put one together. The idea of eating correctly WILL make an overweight person loose weight, and an underweight person gain weight. As a result, the following is NOT a diet, but a lifestyle change. Diets do NOT work. The simple reason is that a diet is designed to starve you. During the diet, you lose the weight, but as soon as the diet is over, you regain the lost weight plus another 10-20%. The 'diet' fad is a multi-million dollar industry, and is self supporting. That is that 100% of people dieting fail to keep the lost weight off, so they return to the same diet that lost them that weight, and are willing to pay for the privlidge.

What I suggest is the following:-

Breakfast - Natural Cereal (one without added salt/sugar/etc...) plus unsweetened tea or coffee.

The reason for no added flavouring is so that the body can extract the needed salts/sugars etc from its food, rather than the added junk that is in artificial foods. Also, natural sugars in foods are much better for the body than the refined stuff that we get in granular or cube form. Oatmeal is a good natural source of fibre, and is also a slow energy release food. This means that you will not get 'peckish' or hungry 30 mins after your breakfast, and therefore, will not snack on junk food.

Main Meal - fish/chicken, fresh/frozen vegetables

We, as humans, can't digest the long complex protien strands in red meat. As a result, we import bacteria to do that for us. This symbiotic relationship works as long as we keep feeding this bacteria. This bacteria craves sugars also, which causes our sugar levels to drop, us to crave quick fix sugar intake, and us to store the excess as fat. Eliminating red meat in our diet will eliminate the associated bacteria, and also, the lethargic feeling we get after eating. Vegtables are a excellent source of natural sugars. Carrots are, if you can still taste it, very sweet. Green vegetables also contain chemicals that increase our mental abiliy.

Certain food stuffs to avoid :-

Artificial sweetners (aspertame, saccerine, nutrasweet....)

All are designed to imitate sugar, which the body tries to convert to energy. This failure forces our energy levels to drop, or blood sugar levels to drop, and us to crave a quick fix.

Red Meat

reason listed above

White Flour

White flour is highly processed and refined, which in the process, removes a huge amount of nutrient value from the grain. As a result, you are eating 99% bulk and 1% possible nutrient in this. This has the side effect of creating constipation. Chose the less refined brown of wholegrain flour. The 'enriched' white flour is twice asbad to the digestive system

Ready / Microwave Meals

For a meal to be able to be cooked within a number of minutes in a microwave, yet to have a long shelf life requires one ingredents in huge quantities, and it is Sodium Chloride, better known as salt. For you not to be able to taste the salt, equal amounts of sugar in added. Artificial sugar / processed sugars the body can't correctly metabolize. Also, huge quantites of salt, the body can't metabolize. As a result, the body will store, as fat, most of the ready meal for a later stage when it needs that amount of salt and has that ammount of energy (natural sugars) to spare. (Read never)

Foods to Take in Moderation

Alcohol

Most beers are good for the digestive transit (in moderation), as they contain high quanties of natural sugars, fibre and water. Alcohol is in itself, a poison, but its injestion forces the liver to grow, and learn how to process poisons. Overdo alcohol and the liver / kidneys will fail.

If you change your eating habits so that you are aware of what you are eating (by reading the ingredients) and make sure that you are consuming only mostly natural foods, your digestive system will clear out and run as effiently as it was designed to, your body fat level will drop - and continue to reduce, and you will feel and be a lot healtier. Since the healty non-junk/processed food is also a lot less expensive than the 'procesed' option, you will also be financially richer.

If, after 3-6 months, you stop loosing weight by eating healthy, it means that you are burning the exact amount of energy that you are consuming. To loose more weight, burn more energy = excercise.

Hope this helps, and also dispell some of the myths about 'diets'.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump!

How's everyone doing?

Here's my progress so far...

Height:

5 feet 1 inch / 61 inches / 154.9 cm

Starting weight:

202 lbs / about 91.82 kg / about 14.43 stone

Current weight:

133.2 lbs / about 60.55 kg / about 9.51 stone

Goal weight:

115 lbs / about 52.27 kg / about 8.21 stone

to (depending on how I look and feel)

100 lbs / about 45.45 kg / about 7.14 stone

BMI:

Using a BMI Chart that goes as follows:

< 18.5 = Underweight

18.5 - 24.9 = Normal/Healthy Weight

25.0 - 29.9 = Overweight

30.0 - 34.9 = Class I Obesity

35.0 - 39.9 = Class II Obesity

> 40 = Class III Obesity

Starting BMI - 38.2, or "class II obesity"

Current BMI - 25.2, or "overweight"

Goal BMI - About 19 to 22, or in the middle range of "normal/healthy weight"

As far as measurements, I've forgotten what my original ones were, except my waist. My waist at my heaviest point was 45", and now it is at approximately 34". I don't have an "absolute" goal for my measurements, really...It just depends on how I look and feel.

Weight lost:

68.8 lbs / about 31.27 kg / about 4.91 stone

Weight left to lose:

18.2 lbs / about 8.27 kg / about 1.3 stone

to (again, depending on how I feel)

33.2 lbs / about 15.09 kg / about 2.37 stone

BMI points lost: 13

BMI points left to lose: 3.2 to 6.2

~ moogle

Moogle: Great job on losing that amount of weight. You are doing very well. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Thanks, drynot!

Oh, and I have a question for everyone here that is also losing weight...

Have you ever noticed that the closer you get to your goal weight, the longer it takes to lose? That's been happening to me, and it's a bit frustrating. There are days where I don't want to work at it anymore, where it feels so close but yet so far...I've been pushing through, and put my last post up for myself as a motivational reminder of how far I've come - but sometimes, I just wish the last of it would shed off RIGHT NOW, lol. Does anyone else get that?

~ moogle

Warning: BMI charts are not accurate for everybody and should not be taken as a way to determine how well your weight loss program is going.

BMI charts only take into consideration people who are average build. Also, it assumes average muscle mass (meaning if a weightlifter's BMI would make them obese). For example, I currently weight about 320 pounds. My shoulders are about 27-28 inches wide, my waist size without the extra weight would be 36 inches, I have wide hips, and my rib cage is large as well. Also, due to sports, my legs are extremely muscular (not sickeningly, but my thighs are about the same circumference as a small adult's waist, and my calves look like some adults thighs - again, all muscle). Judging by BMI charts, I would have to get my weight down to 194 pounds to get to the high end of the healthy weight range. But, going by my build, I would either not be able to get my weight that low, or I would look weird at that weight. My eventual goal is my high school football playing weight of 225 pounds. My first goal is 311 pounds, which would put my BMI at 40.

Moogle, the best way to judge how you are doing is how you feel. Generally, as you get in better shape, you feel that you have more energy. And on those days that you feel discouraged and things aren't working and you want to quit, just remember the body does plateau at times, and eventually all you are going to do at some point is maintain. But if you plateau before you are ready solely to maintain, vary your workouts and activities to confuse your body. I am getting to that point myself where I need to do something different for my workouts. It souldns like you're doing well for yourself, so keep up the good work and everything will fall back in line and continue heading in the right direction.

My issue since my start last February is that I gained around 25 pounds from a lot of stressful situations in the last year, suffered a couple injuries, and got up to 335 pounds. Being down around 320 is an improvement, but was also a lesson not to lose control of your life (stress is a huge factor in weight gain, as it both saps energy and some people overeat because of it, and some self medicate through either caffeinated drinks to up their energy or alcohol to come down off it, and I overeat and drink more soda when I am extremely stressed). So I'm working out again, still playing sports (and you wouldn't believe some of the things I can do, even at my weight), and taking control of my eating and soda intake again by doing it slowly and stepping down so my body doesn't revolt too much at my plans. This is opposed to last time I lost a lot of weight where I just tried to dump all my bad habits and it worked for a while, until I couldn't do it anymore (luckily I had active jobs where the weight gain didn't occur after I fell off the wagon) and then I hurt my knee working and that did me in gaining weight in 2004.

Warning: BMI charts are not accurate for everybody and should not be taken as a way to determine how well your weight loss program is going.

I agree! They only take total body weight into consideration, not muscle vs. fat percentages, or frame size...They can be a useful tool, though. I feel a BMI chart would be best used along side some other tools, such as the measurement of fat/muscle percentages.

Moogle, the best way to judge how you are doing is how you feel.

Yessir, that's what I'm going by. I set a goal of 100-115 lbs, as that's the middle of my healthy weight range (so the BMI charts say)...BUT this number could change at any time, as I've noted in my previous posts.

Generally, as you get in better shape, you feel that you have more energy.

Exactly - and it's wonderful to not feel sluggish.

And on those days that you feel discouraged and things aren't working and you want to quit, just remember the body does plateau at times, and eventually all you are going to do at some point is maintain.

Definitely.

But if you plateau before you are ready solely to maintain, vary your workouts and activities to confuse your body.

Yep, and another thing is that sometimes, patience is the key...I once plateaued for six months!

(continued next post due to quote box limits)

~ moogle

It souldns like you're doing well for yourself, so keep up the good work

Thanks! But...

and everything will fall back in line and continue heading in the right direction.

...you lost me on this one...I haven't plateaued in a while, so was this comment meant for me?

My issue since my start last February is that I gained around 25 pounds from a lot of stressful situations in the last year, suffered a couple injuries, and got up to 335 pounds. Being down around 320 is an improvement, but was also a lesson not to lose control of your life (stress is a huge factor in weight gain, as it both saps energy and some people overeat because of it, and some self medicate through either caffeinated drinks to up their energy or alcohol to come down off it, and I overeat and drink more soda when I am extremely stressed). So I'm working out again, still playing sports (and you wouldn't believe some of the things I can do, even at my weight), and taking control of my eating and soda intake again by doing it slowly and stepping down so my body doesn't revolt too much at my plans. This is opposed to last time I lost a lot of weight where I just tried to dump all my bad habits and it worked for a while, until I couldn't do it anymore (luckily I had active jobs where the weight gain didn't occur after I fell off the wagon) and then I hurt my knee working and that did me in gaining weight in 2004.

Sounds like a great start! Good luck! ^_^

~ moogle