LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dropping A Diaper Size...

also, if you have a wii, i have heard from numerous people, and know of a few ongoing studies, looking at the effects of some of the activities on that... there is one about yoga, its not so much about losing weight, but getting into a healthy mindset, so you are able to focus more... so if anyone has a wii, might be worth a shot.

i myself have inadvertantly lost another 20 lbs since last time i went to the doc... but apparently there is nothing wrong with my stomach... they seem to not think the weight loss is related to the i get sick everytime i eat no matter what i eat thing... go figure.

maybe they just dont wanna tell me whats wrong till i lose a few more pounds.. if thats the case.. what a crafty little doctor i have!

Over the past 12 months, since my wife left me, I have dropped at least 30 pounds. At the time I weighed in at 260ish and now weigh in at 230. No junk food to tempt me. I eat right and get lots of exercise at work. If I keep going I will be down to 200 and look very fit, as aposed to fat. It suck to have a beer belly and not even like beer.

Well haven't dropped any this week, still at 225, ah well I'll just keep trekking along, I know it will eventually come off as long as I stick to it.

So I haven't weighed myself in awhile, however my waist size is definitely smaller. I figure in another 6 or 8 weeks I may be able to see if I can fit into the next diaper/nappy size down ;-) YAY!

Hope everyone else is on track with their goals as well!

--Lex

Good job Lex. I myself have not hit the gym in 3 days. However I did do some bench presses today and put up 265 lbs. So I guess I am good with that.

Well haven't dropped any more still at 225 and today certainly wasn't good as there was a pizza bowling party that my cmpe club put on. Had 3 slices, so not to bad, but I'm sure more then was needed. Though only other thing I had today was a big bowl of high fiber cereal, some squash and some strawberries.

Looking at the costco pizza nutrition facts those 3 slices cost me about 2000 calories, so add the other and its about 2400 calories. If I only had 2 I would have been in much better shape, would have brought it down to about 1800 calories. 1500 should be to loose weight, where 2000 should be to maintain your weight. Ah well do better tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

Okay. I love fruits and veggies, so much...Water too. I'm finding that just centering my eating on fruits and veggies and drinking lots of water - JUST that facet alone, not counting calories or going on any crash diets etc - has just about gotten me out of my plateau...I'm down to 160 lbs / 72.72 kg / 11.42 stone!

This has been the lightest I've weighed in a LONG time, since I was like 12/13 years old (not counting the bouts of anorexia and bulimia I used to go through where I got down to about this weight but I was majorly unhealthy).

And I'm going to be in the 150 lb range soon! A few years ago, I would of killed to just get to THAT weight healthily. I thought it was unattainable, let alone my ultimate goal of a healthy weight.

All of my life (well, since I learned what a "healthy weight" was when I was 7ish) I wanted to be a healthy weight...I was underweight from birth until 7/8 years old when I started to become overweight. Then I ballooned in puberty. I remember drinking Slim Fast shakes when I was 9, and since then I've been trying everything to lose this weight...

...and it's finally happening! It really is! My goal is coming closer now...

Some stats:

Height: 5 feet 1 inch

Starting weight: 202 lbs / 91.81 kg / 14.42 stone

Current weight: 160 lbs / 72.72 kg / 11.42 stone

Goal weight: 115 lbs / 52.27 kg / 8.21 stone

Weight lost: 42 lbs / 19.09 kg / 3 stone

Weight left to lose: 45 lbs / 20.45 kg / 3.21 stone

Total weight difference from starting weight to goal weight: 87 lbs / 39.54 kg / 6.21 stone

(Please note that my goal weight could change depending on a few factors, that's not a set in stone figure, just an estimate/something to shoot for)

I just did the math, and in another 1.5 lbs / 0.68 kg / 0.10 stone I'll have lost HALF of the weight I've want (and really need) to lose!

:D

EDIT: I have one concern though. To be completely honest, I'm worried - what will happen when I get down to the weight I want to be at? I'll have to increase my caloric intake slightly to be at a maintenance level (so I don't keep losing weight), but I don't want to increase it too much and undo my hard work. I know I shouldn't worry yet because I still have a ways to go, but it's a valid concern I think. Anyone have any advice?

~ a very happy moogle

I've been going to a personal trainer for over 7 months. Six times a month. Weight 5 pounds more now than I did when I started. Time to visit the doctor again to see why I can't lose weight...

I've been going to a personal trainer for over 7 months. Six times a month. Weight 5 pounds more now than I did when I started. Time to visit the doctor again to see why I can't lose weight...

That 5 lbs might be muscle gain. But you're right - it's always good to check with your doctor. Also, if you take in more calories than you burn, you'll gain weight.

~ moogle

That 5 lbs might be muscle gain. But you're right - it's always good to check with your doctor. Also, if you take in more calories than you burn, you'll gain weight.

~ moogle

I've been watching my diet very closely and my trainer doesn't understand why I haven't lost at least 30 lbs by this point. Although, a few years ago I had a stroke, gained a bunch of weight right after and have yet to lose it. If it's neurological, I'm just screwed because I don't have insurance and neurologists are EXPENSIVE...

I did have my thyroid checked a few months ago and the doctor said it was fine. =\

Looking at the costco pizza nutrition facts those 3 slices cost me about 2000 calories, so add the other and its about 2400 calories. If I only had 2 I would have been in much better shape, would have brought it down to about 1800 calories. 1500 should be to loose weight, where 2000 should be to maintain your weight. Ah well do better tomorrow.

acutally the whole calories needed to maintain and lose weight is very dependent.

for example for me t maintain my current weight given my lean body mass, i need to be eating around 3500 calories a day.

for me to lose a pound a week, i need to cut it down to 3000 calories a day, and thats if i didn't do any exercise.. cause muscle, i.e. lean body mass, burns calories even when you aren't doing anything..

so it might be that 1500 calories is WAY to little for you and could actually be unhealthy.. but like i said, depends on your lbm v. fat mass

• 4 weeks later...

I think I finally figured out why I've been in this plateau. I need to vary my exercise routine more. It's just how to do it? I don't have access to a gym (too expensive)...I've been looking on youtube for cardio workouts and pilates to put in in addittion to walking, but I have a feeling that's not enough...any suggestions guys?

~ moogle

Have you tried resistance tubes. They are relatively cheap, can be taken anywhere, you can do a multitude of exercises with them, and if you do your exercises with very little rest between sets it will have cardiovascular benefits as well.

Have you tried resistance tubes. They are relatively cheap, can be taken anywhere, you can do a multitude of exercises with them, and if you do your exercises with very little rest between sets it will have cardiovascular benefits as well.

Anywhere to get the ROUND ones (the ones that look like tubes, not flat) inexpensively? ...The flat ones remind me of physical therapy *shudders*

~ moogle

• 1 month later...

this topic sorta went dead, but i thought hey summer is almost over... wonder how everyone is doing? we ended up joining a gym end of may beginning of june, and have been going 3-4 times a week since then, also have a personal trainer we meet with every other week... i've dropped 30 lbs since december, 11 since joining the gym i've gained 2 lbs of muscle and increased my hydration levels, plus decreased my pulse

how is everyone else doing?

Guest YkDave

wow, totally forgot about this one :D

Though im not forgetting that i am still slowly loosing weight :) Havent lost a whole lot lately, still sitting at just below 190lbs, but it beats the crap outta what i used to weigh!

I have managed to hold at down 80lbs. I kind of fell off the "eating wagon" and went for several days eating potato chips and drinking beer.

But the good news is that my morning walks range from 3 - 5+ miles. I know that that has built up more muscle and I know that muscle weighs more than fat. I have 9 days to the start of an event I'll attend and I want to lose the 10 lbs I gained back.

Congrats to everyone who has been successful in losing weight. I know I like wearing medium sized diapers better than the large ones. And I love the fact that my diapers fit very comfortably.

Let's keep encouraging each other and may we all hit our goals before the end of the year.

I fell off the wagon for awhile, but I'm getting back on it. I'm down to fitting comfortably into 33" shorts and -can- do 32" but it's not quite as nice. I find that if I can fit 'okay' into pants that are a 'little' tight, it's not a bad reminder to keep on track and continue to aim to lose weight. Realistically though I need to get out and do more exercise. The new place I'm at (only for a few more weeks) doesn't have decent hiking trails nearby which has killed my favorite source of exercise. It's mostly been a summer of boating which isn't as physically intense. C'est la vie. Fortunately in a few weeks we'll be permanently settled next to some beautiful hiking trails again.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there and slimming down appropriately.

--Lex

Moogs got there before me, so she has listed some of the advice that I would have stated. I wonder who told her that information :lol:

The other thing is, to loose or gain weight and keep the change is not easy unless you have lost/gained the weight correctly. Most 'fad' diets work in the short term, and people here are following them - Atkins / calorie counting / slimfast - there are thousands of diets all with wierd and wonderful names all professing to perform miracles.

Simply - they dont. One loses the weight within the first week/month, but the weight + 10% returns the following week/month and continues upto 50%. That means that if you loose 10LBS, you will gain 15LBS to make an overall gain of 5lbs. If you don't believe me, try it out.

If you wish to loose or gain weight, you first have to change what you eat. To do this, you must understand EXACTLY what your body needs, and how you are tricking your body.

SALT-

You need natural salt. The 'added salt' in a product is chemicaly processed manufactured salt. As a result, its bonds do not break the way they shoud compared to natural salt. This - you DONT need. However, in every vegtable, salt crystals have formed within the product, which are ideal for human consumption. The grindable 'sea salt' is also naturally grown.

SUGAR -

White sugar is processed 'artificial' sugar. Brown sugar is less refined, but 10,000 times better for your consumption.

RED MEAT-

This contains long protien strands which a human digestive system CANT break down. We use bacteria within our stomach to do this for us - but there is a problem here. The more red meat we eat, the higher the bacterial count. The higher the bacterial count, the less effective the digestive system is in passing the red meat into the blood stream. It is much healthier to take red meat completely out of our diet. This eliminates huge portions of bacteria which increases the effectiveness of the digestive tract.

WHITE FLOUR -

Similar to white sugar, but it also dulls the mind, and has a lethargic effect on the body. Brown / Wholemeal bread is made from less processing etc, and retains most of the nutrients found within wheat.

DAIRY - (cheese / youghurt etc)

These are 'grown' products - grown from bacteria (see Red meat for problems)

Simply, taking / reducing artificial and highly processed food products from ones diet, will cause one not to store excess fat.

Note: it is common in processed foods to add salt and sugar to taste. In cooking, salt will eliminate the sweet taste of the sugars and visa versa. In ingredient leistings, the list is from greatest (highest percent product) to lowest. If salt and sugar is in the top two or three, then simply, that product will cause you to gain weight.

Simple rule of thumb - to change your weight, eat properely and excercise.

For those with cardiovascular / medical problems etc, it is strongly advised that you check with your own doctor / medical professional before attempting to alter diet / regiem.

Well loosing weight is simply calorie intake / output. So you can actually keep it off without eating "right." Of course you most likely will have health problems because of it. I really need to figure out some way of making myself eat veggies.

I'm pretty sure my triglycerides wouldn't be high then, along with my good cholesterol being above 40, my bad is 67, which is less then 100 max, and my overall is fine also. Apparently just the triglycerides is a big worry for cardiovascular problems, sucks. So apparently I have until I'm 30 before they suggest medicine, lets hope it doesn't come to that.

I hate stress eating. Four days of it, ugh.

Sugar, salt, white flour, along with loads of red meat and very little water... maybe 8 glasses in 4 days... thank you biofam! /sarcasm

...Things will be better tomorrow...Still stressed out, but at least i can fix my eating now.

~ moogle

I haven't joined on, but watched this thread a bit. I've lost 20 lbs since the thread has started, I am in between diaper sizes now. Gonna start running next week as I have lost enough weight that my knees don't hurt from jogging.

:)

~Brian