LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Pants And Rubber Pants

I have used plastic overpants for most of my life.

When I was about 25 years old I tried to wear rubber pants. I felt like I was wearing a large pencil eraser.

What are the differences? What are the pros and cons?

Is rubber pants easier to wash the poop stains?

I have no experience with rubber pants, so I don't know that much.

any plastic will absorb some smell, it may take soaking in something like bicarbonate of soda, (the stuff you put in the refrigarator to absorb smells) to take smells out of plastic pants.

Usually just washing with soap and water will work, but for a tough smell you could soak it.

What are the differences? What are the pros and cons?

I don't poop so I can't addreess that cleaning issue :huh: but I can the rest. Plastic lasts much longer than rubber. It seems to absorb less odor, and you can get it in several materials, styles, colors, and thicknesses from a lot of places. You can go from soft to harsh feeling and from quiet to very loud as you like :D

Rubber tears far more easily, and often rips from edge to edge(or to the elastic)once a tear starts. You can imagine what those results might be :blush: Rubber feels hotter. Unless it's under other clothing it can be 'grabby' in bed(which can cause tearing). There are fewer places to get fewer styles and colors, and all I've seen is about equally thick. Personally I think it prevents leaks better. It's softer and less noisy. It sounds different when you move and I like that sound.

All my experience is with pull-on styles but knowing rubber material as I do I wouldn't even think of buying rubber for a snap-op style. Snaps put a lot of strain on the material on releasing them and the rubber I've seen wouldn't last long in that enviroment. AFAIK the best selection of rubber pants is from AC Medical where they offer most of their styles in either material. Whichever you choose, go for the best quality you can afford, look for forward facing leg openings, and check the sizing charts for each item since there's a lot of variation in this area, sometimes even from the same manufacturer :(

Bettypooh