LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sodium Polyacrylate

Wetdl

I posted a new topic as not to hijack the original

Has anyone found a source for sodium polyacrylate, the super absorbant powder used in diapers?

This would seem to be a great way to make your Depend absorb like a Abena.

I have found on Ebay for around $20.00 a lb (with shipping)

I would like to hear from anyone who has used it, or its close cousin used for instant snow.

I know its also used in agriculture to allow soil to retain moisture.

Anyone with experience in these?

TIA

I have to wonder about the wisdom of puttting a handful of raw chemicals in direct contact with the skin, especially the crotch area. My sincere advice, would be to simply use a booster pad of some kind. I used to use Depends "Fitted Maximum Protection" briefs, and when needed, I'd add a booster pad. They worked quite well.

Depends Max Protection????? :roflmao::P Seriously? Anyway you could always put some in a nylon or something to try it out, seems a bit pricey to try out though. Why not just get a pack of Baby diapers and rip them open to get the stuff out?

If you want something safer, try gum xanthan...you can get food grade stuff....ought be be safe enought!!, from :

http://www.bobsredmill.com/product.php?productid=3683

or many supermarkets have it....this stuff is ground fine and can be mixed with baby powder...turns into slime, jelly, or firm gel depending on how much water it absorbs.

Point is folks, it's used in food so it's pretty safe...

I have to wonder about the wisdom of puttting a handful of raw chemicals in direct contact with the skin, especially the crotch area. My sincere advice, would be to simply use a booster pad of some kind. I used to use Depends "Fitted Maximum Protection" briefs, and when needed, I'd add a booster pad. They worked quite well.

I really don't consider Depends a Bad diaper, for what they are. I have Abena's and Molicare's, and of course they are far better, but I can't just go pick some up down at the store.

My thought was to add small amounts, tablespoons?? inside the diaper padding to increase it absorbancy. I would be a mess if just used as a powder, not to mention abrasive while dry. As there is already sodium polyacrylate, in the diaper (assuming I get the right stuff) I see no additional risk. I will look around for the gum xanthan, it may do what I want and be easier to obtain, but appears to be about the same price.