LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any Mcdonalds Employees Out There?

Hey. Been at a privately owned McDs for over 3 years. Making $ .10 above min wage. Only a crew trainer.

When I first started, I was 17 and got min wage ($5.15 at the time) when 18+ were getting hired in at $6. I turned 18 and still no raise. We used to get $ .15 raises every 6 months and got mine 3 months late with now back pay. (was making $5.30 while people were still getting hired in at $6).

When min wage went up at the start of 07, i became a crew trainer and got the $ .10 raise that went with it along with the $1.55 raise from the minimal wage increase.

Min wage is going up again starting today and everyone's hours are getting cut. The schedule was changed for after the first and i lost 9 hours from the original schedule! Someone lost 17! Our owner is a cheap ass. Anyone out there heard of Tom Humbard?

Been a crew trainer for 2 years and still don't have a crew trainer name tag. Been there 3 years, 3 months, and 20 days and still don't have my 3 yr pin.

What does everyone think of the new 3 platten grill if yours has one?

(Note: not looking to meet people. Just to share common experiences)

Hey, I would be thankful if I had a job, no matter the pay. I need money, and If I had a steady income, I would be happy.

Trying to get a job at a fast food place, maybe JITB or Carls.

Are you trying to get hired in at a Carl Jr?

I always wanted to go to one of those since I am a Carl Jr. My name is the exaxt same as my dad so he added the Jr. Wont say my last name though.

God, I hated McDonald's when I worked there. I only worked there for about six months before I couldn't take it anymore and quit. I haven't looked back.

I was working at one for about 3 months back in '05, and I could barely stand it. If Katrina hadn't hit when it did and forced me to move, I would have probably quit within a month anyway.

My ex-wife worked at McD's for 6 months and was promised a management position. They ended up giving it to a 18 year old who was going to quit otherwise. My ex quit over it and 3 weeks later the 18 year old quit. She never got more than minimum and ended up not getting paid for 2 weeks of work as one of the managers screwed up the time clock records before quiting.

Fast food companys dont care about their employees is what I have concluded.

They expect you to be loyal, work hard and do a good job while paying you chicken feed.

I worked for a taco bell for 6months as my first job, and 3 months at an arbys about 2 years later, their all the same.

I would tell them where they can put their dime raise and find a company that actually cares about a employee.

Hi there,

I am actually a manager for a mcdonalds in canada. I have worked for McDonalds for almost 6 years now. I started at McDonalds when minimum wage was 5.55$ and I now make almost 11$ an hour. The one thing you must remember with McDonalds is that its not about how long that you have been there or how much you mean to them. Its all about how much they can squeeze out of you before you fall off the train and get some sense knocked into you. Promotions and hourly wages will always be few and far between until they are in extremely bad shape and then you will be served breakfast on a gold platter... until they no longer need you the same way, then you will be forced out. Seems wrong of me to say it, but its how all fast food works.

I think the idea is to gain enough experience to use the skills you learn to move on,

- Tabby

Fast food companys dont care about their employees is what I have concluded.

They expect you to be loyal, work hard and do a good job while paying you chicken feed.

I worked for a taco bell for 6months as my first job, and 3 months at an arbys about 2 years later, their all the same.

I would tell them where they can put their dime raise and find a company that actually cares about a employee.

In order to accomplish that, I reckon you're also going to have to avoid working in retail. As a general rule with very few exceptions, retail has the same problem. Work as hard as you want to work, because your conscience tells you that is the right thing to do, and watch as the more politically connected people who don't know how to do your job, let alone theirs, get promoted and raises to go with it.

I used to work at a "big box" retailer. I will never intentionally set foot in a similar establishment ever again. They don't deserve my consumer money any more than they deserved my work-my-fannie-off-because-the-customer-should-expect-no-less employee attitude.

Guest refridginator

hey, i personally think they should stop raising minimum wage so that would help in slowing the inflation. maybe put it back to where it was before this recession shit started. it could be a step in the right direction.

I've never worked in fast food (just eaten lots of it lol) but they always strike me as kind of belittling their employees.

They make them wear the stupidest uniform they can devise, and then do silly things like awarding them gold stars for being good. If I said to the guys in my office that I'm going to start awarding them gold stars for doing something well, they would think I'm treating them like a 5 year old.

If your staff do a great job you tell them, and or you take it into account when you do their appraisal and give them their bonus at the end of the financial year. You don't award them stars like they're in kindergarten.

Beth

Dude? You're 20 years old. You don't know shit about shit yet. Lower the minimum wage?????? What the fuck are smoking? We need to raise the minimum wage! 50% of middle-class families are very close to living below the poverty line while gas station owners like the one I work for get fuckin' richer. On January 2nd,2008 I was hired at my Shell to work the graveyard shift. I took graves because the job payed $8.75 an hour. About 7 months ago I noticed my paychecks were getting smaller. The fucking greedy motherfuckers took away my .50 an hour night premium!!!! I said FUCK THIS! I'm tired of busting my ass for minimum wage to get fucked over. No more! I worked from 11:00am yesterday morning to 10:00 last night. I did 339 CASH sales!!!!!!! Me! By my self! My final numbers were: Cash drops-$2,820.39 and Credit/Debit sales-$745.?? :o That means in 11 hours and after waiting on more than 500 customers I did over $3,500.00 in sales!!!!!!!!!!! Me! By myself! Legally,I'll get compensated $8.25 an hour X 8 hours + $12.37 an hour X 3 1/2 hours. You do the math and get back to me on your oh so wise statement. And just for the record,I pocketed more than $100.00 in cash from inside cash car wash"sales" ;) Who buttfucking who with no Vaseline? :D

I really don't want to turn this into a flame thread either. I was your age once too youngster and my family and friends thought my foot would never come out of my mouth.

Guest refridginator

hahaha that's what you get for working at a gas station. nobody i know has not regretted working at one. and yeah you don't want to start a "flame" but when you're telling me you're buttfucking me with no vaseline you shouldn't expect just straight up peace. you got a lot of problems saying something like that online.

I used to work for McDonalds while in college. They are notoriously slow at giving anything extra to their staff. In my opinion, McDonalds do not value their staff. This is based from their management mindset being too inexperienced for the position - yes the management (staff manager / swing manager / shift manager etc) have worked their way to their positions, but have no real 'person' experience. That is that they do not know the benefit of staff, and also can not communicate or motivate people.

Many others have said it before, McDonalds, like all the fast food outlets will take the average 17 year old and work them to death for the absolute minimum wage. When we, as people realize what they are doing to us / our children and we still frequent them - who is worse - them for doing it, or us for keeping them in business?

hahaha that's what you get for working at a gas station. nobody i know has not regretted working at one. and yeah you don't want to start a "flame" but when you're telling me you're buttfucking me with no vaseline you shouldn't expect just straight up peace. you got a lot of problems saying something like that online.

You're a dumb motherfucker refrdginator..........

hey, i personally think they should stop raising minimum wage so that would help in slowing the inflation. maybe put it back to where it was before this recession shit started. it could be a step in the right direction.

iF they don't raise it, then people won't be able to pay there bills. Things already cost to much, so we need all the money we can get

iF they don't raise it, then people won't be able to pay there bills. Things already cost to much, so we need all the money we can get

If they do raise it, people still won't be able to pay their bills.

Imagine this scenario: Company X manufactures widgets on an assembly line basis. It employs a thousand people for this particular job, paying them each minimum wage. The widgets which are being produced are for people of similar economic stature as the assembly line employees but working in a different industry. Those people are also earning minimum wage.

When minimum wage goes up, a thousand manufacturing employees on this assembly line earn that much more money, and Company X has to pay them that much more money, so what does Company X do? They raise the cost of the widgets they are producing. What about the people who were buying these widgets? Their wage has gone up too, but so has their respective cost of buying these widgets. The result is a net gain of zero for everybody.

I think the whole minimum wage argument doesn't really hold a lot of economic water. In truth, Minimum wage was never designed to be a permanent "living wage". It was designed as an economic starting point for people getting into the workforce. Theoretically, when you gain enough skills, you put yourself in the economic position to move along to higher paying jobs. In so doing, you can stay ahead of inflation. Otherwise, you're just falling further and further behind.

Well said underhere,

I wish more people could see things this way. I work in a min wage job too, BUT, being a delivery driver, I earn (emphasis here) tips, and am compensated for mileage for using my personal vehicle for company work.

Raising th minimum wage accomplishes nothing really, since, as you said, these jobs are not meant to be "careers, but a starting point , to gain skills and learn stuff so you can move on and get a better, higher paying job, which you have (hopefully) earned! i have worked around some lazy a$$ed people who complain and don't do anything, or the very least, and say they dont get paid enough for what they do. MY thinking is they get paid too much since they don't really DO anything. what makes them think that they can get a higher paying job, when they don't even do what they are asked to do in a min wage environment?

got a lot of them working at my mcdonalds. the only reason they are upright is that their heads are so light with all the air between their ears.

Also, based on my Macroeconomics class, wages needs to go up with inflation. trust me, here in the US, there will be a lot of inflation in the next few years. THe min wage needs to go up at the same rate as inflation so people's living standards aren't hurt.

although, wages going up increases the money supply in the economy. according to the quantity theory of money, if the money supply increases faster than the quantity of products, then prices go up, which leads to inflation and so on... but there needs to me money circulating around the economy so the economy doesn't stop altogether. lose lose situation.