LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult Diaper Vending Machine

Guest James

I am thinking about buying a dvd vending machine for my store and filling it with adult diapers. I ideally want it set up in the large unisex bathroom but I have to setup a power outlet in there so the the idea is just floating around. Do you think there is a big enough market for it?

Here's a pic of the vending machine I am looking at

AVX500lg%20Premium.jpg

2e31mvr.jpg

I wouldn't be. Girls have tampon vendings and boys have condoms. I mean, I haven't seen that sort of thing in a while... but it's true nonetheless. Add adult diapers and baby diapers and it's just convenient. People would assume some adults need them. People would get use out of the baby ones and not ask questions.

It's the oversized changing table that would throw me off...

-Sophie

It's a pretty novel idea, but I would think that most people that would buy from it would do so as a novelty. But what the heck a sale is a sale. Not real sure I would be putting the Bambino Classico's in there but then again...what the heck.

The original poster's drawing really makes me laugh....but in a nice way, not a mean way. I like the artistic touches, such as the Abri-Form poster and the stink lines coming from the diaper pail. And, of course, the inexplicable '$$$?'.

I can't even believe that such a thing as DVD vending machines exist, so the diaper vending machine is an even stranger concept. I don't know if I'd use such a product, depending on the single-to-pack price ratio, but it's honestly not a bad idea, especially for baby diapers.

If I ever saw this somewhere, my first reaction would be "What the hell?". Then, I'd probably buy some myself. The only thing is, do they only come in singles? I'm sure most would need more than one. Interesting concept, good for a few laughs.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

It's a nice idea, but would it be worth it?

Keep in mind, items in vending machines tend to cost more- it'd be cool if you set up an AB/DL playhouse- but that wouldn't get public support because people are paranoid.

Don't see it working in a regular store, either.

The idea would just seem...strange to most people. It would work, but it would take a long time for Society to get used to seeing those in a store.

What kind of business is this going in?

A vending machine store. I haven't opened it yet though.

I wouldn't be. Girls have tampon vendings and boys have condoms. I mean, I haven't seen that sort of thing in a while... but it's true nonetheless. Add adult diapers and baby diapers and it's just convenient. People would assume some adults need them. People would get use out of the baby ones and not ask questions.

It's the oversized changing table that would throw me off...

-Sophie

Haha yeah I just threw that in there for kicks, it would just be a baby changing table and I guess those people would use that or change on the floor.

The original poster's drawing really makes me laugh....but in a nice way, not a mean way. I like the artistic touches, such as the Abri-Form poster and the stink lines coming from the diaper pail. And, of course, the inexplicable '$$$?'.

I can't even believe that such a thing as DVD vending machines exist, so the diaper vending machine is an even stranger concept. I don't know if I'd use such a product, depending on the single-to-pack price ratio, but it's honestly not a bad idea, especially for baby diapers.

Well the diaper is obviously going to be more expensive without being in a pack simply for convenience purposes. I was originally looking for a machine that could hold diaper bags but so far no hope for a vending machine to hold such a mass, I might have to get it custom built or something.

You know that would be cool. Depending on what type of business it is in. You could have adult diapers, baby diapers, wipes, trial size powders, mouth wash, tooth paste, etc etc. This would do well in an airport thats for sure. Good Luck

That have dispensers for that stuff minus the adult diapers.

I think it would be a good idea - now you probably would have to stick more mainstream diapers in there.

I don't know about that, mainstream diapers suck! But I guess I could throw the crappy depend brand to mix up the competition and help boost the premium diapers popularity.

Guest dl_aslee

I am pretty sure you would just be losing money in the US. Apparently though in Japan where diaper wearing is more accepted there are actually diaper vending machines.

Now if it was in some sort of store like in the CSI episode where there was an an actual AB store it would work well as it would allow people to try the different diaper brands.

And a vending machine store? That's a different concept, as vending machines are mainly used to high traffic areas as a convince factor. Seems like you probably would need to find a more expensive building to rent that has high traffic to make it viable. Like maybe in a mall or something where thousands of people are going to walk by it everyday. Good luck with the business though.

It's an interesting idea...I'm not sure most people would know what it was, and most of your traffic would be teenagers laughing.

I'd agree with the poster that thought of the airport. A machine with a variety of personal care products would do well there, and you could potentially have a slot or two for Depends or something. I wouldn't go with a premium brand, since you will have to break up packs. The idea here is to keep your price low, and the real market for this is not the diaper "connoisseur" but the people who really need one in a pinch.

It's fun, and definitely novel. I've seen vending machines selling assortments of personal care products that included a slot or two of adult diapers, but I've never seen one stocked exclusively with diapers, and definitely not with such a variety.

There are some business concerns, though:

1. Less than 3% of customers will be using adult diapers, and those who do will most likely know to pack their own, and probably won't pay a higher price for one unless it's a real emergency. Hence, places that have personal hygiene vending machines will only include a small amount of inexpensive adult diapers.

2. A lot of customers might feel a little uncomfortable or embarrassed walking into a bathroom and--BOOM!--having a huge, hulking adult diaper machine blasted in their faces. Especially if you want to market this to other businesses, maybe you could try a smaller, more discreet machine, like feminine product or condom dispensers.

3. Unless you're a fetish-oriented business, I'd probably leave the Classicos out--elderly, disabled, or otherwise medically incontinent customers might find them a little off-putting, and it'll be a good weird-out for anyone who doesn't know about the AB/DL scene.