LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Musings About Diapers

I was thinking the other day about why I prefer cloth over disposables, and one of the biggest reasons concerns leaks. Either I am lousy at putting them on, or my body shape does not conform to them well, as I don't find one that does not leak. I tend to stay in cloth diapers for a long period of time between changes, as being wet does not bother me. In doing so, it would seem that 80+% of the potential absorbing power of a diaper is used. When using disposables, this drops to closer to 60%.

A number of stories/fantasies/accounts I have read with ABDL themes includes a small number of daily diaper changes. Also there is a distinct preference for thicker diapers. From this I am assuming most AB/DL folks are similar and wear diapers for longer periods of time, theoretically using a higher percentage of the diapers potential.

Compare this to a chronological baby which seem to be changed every couple of hours, if not more frequently. How much of a diaper do real babies use as a percentage of absorption? Could this be a contributing factor to leaks? (I realize that flooding vs dribbling may also impact the amount of leaking, but I try to pee slowly to imitate this to the same result)

Thoughts?

Diapers babies wear are far less absorbant than adult ones, obviously. But they are also changed more often because their skin is supersensitive and a baby with a blistered diaper rash is no fun. We have a baby, he uses 100% of his diaper frequently. As does his dad lol sometimes he leaks sometimes not, but he uses all of the diaper almost everytime.

I wear three gauze prefold diapers (thickest weight) at night, and use 100% of the diapers. During the day I wear two and usually change three or four times. I'm glad I wear cloth, because I'm a heavy wetter, and lately I've been experiencing bowel incontinence. No warning, just splish, big mess to clean.

I've never found a disposable diaper that doesn't leak either. Give me nice thick gauze prefold diapers any day!

"SOAKED TO THE PINS" then I change my soft, thirsty, cumfy gauze diapers.

Never found a disposable that did not leak. Advocates counter that I'm just

using the less expensive disposables and that if I would only use a quality diaper

I would have no leaks. Are MAGs from NASA available?

But my attitude about disposables is not to waste money, i.e., to use a diaper up

rather than pee once, change, and throw unused diaper away. The point naturally

to see how much this diaposable diaper holds.

Cloth diapers hold more.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING CLOTH DIAPERS

"Soak 'em till they drop.", is my motto. I use cloth diapers and laundry is such a hassle. I go through 3-4 changes a day. It tends to pile up. I do use the night style diapers, so absorbancy is much better that way. If I wore day diapers, I would be changing 6-7 times a day.

Now poop is another thing. Accidents happen. No way to avoid them when you wear 24/7. What I've found is if I can "hold it" till morning (when I need a change anyway), get myself on the potty before I change fresh, I can usually avoid the mess. I stress, USUALLY. I have had incidents between changes where I have pooped or peed on the floor. And, for some strange reason, "Big Macs" from McDonald's cause me to poop uncontrolably for several days after consumption. If I'm not within 2 seconds of a potty, it's in my panties. Oooooopsth! Poooooooopsth! Guess I better keep my diapers on, huh?

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)