LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Saw Therapist

Guest MakesHis Own

Guest MakesHis Own

:biker_h4h: Dear Everyone:

I went to see my therapist today and finally cranked up the courage to tell her about my fetish. I wasn't too worried, as she is a really cool and liberal thinker. I asked her if she knew what Adult Babies and Diaper Lovers are and she said no, but she did listen to me explain what I understood. I also let her know of the feelings having been repressed for sometime, decades. Now that I have to wear protection, the feeling is more electric in doing so. She was cool, saying that there are a whole world of fetishes out there, and so long as the fetish hurts neither the fetisher nor the fetishee, then there is nothing wrong with it. I feel much more at ease in having discussed it with someone. I also told her that when I go to bed, sucking my thumb and lying in a fetal position with a stuffed animal really does help me go to sleep. She said a lot of adults rely on thumb sucking to provide comfort and relieve stress.

When I was getting cleaned up tonight, I noticed there were more stains on the homemade diaper than expected. I wondered about where to store it until I could get to a washer. Then it hit me, why not just wash it by hand in the bathroom sink before taking a bath and leave it to dry over night on the shower curtain rod? Well, folks, that's where it is right now and a fresh pair is on. I feel safe and secure. I even had a small wetting accident and found the diaper is sufficeint to absorb the moisture.

Tomorrow I plan to go apply for a job at a nursery. I love working with plants and other parts of nature, so please wish me luck.

With best wishes for all of us, Mike.

Firstly, good luck in your job hunt, hope you get to work in the nursery . I love my little garden and watching things thrive, so I can relate to your feelings there.

I'm really surprised that your therapist had never come across AB/DL before. Is it possible she knew about it but wanted you to tell her about YOU, in your own words? (Just a thought, obviously I don't know.)

Anyway, if it was all new to her or not, it sounds like she took it in her stride and responded sensitively and professionally. She sounds like a very good therapist, as the upshot sounds very upbeat. :)

Dolly

Actually, I've been to a therapist too, specifically for my attraction to diapers, and he had never heard of such a thing either. He claimed to be one of the few psychologists in the city prepared to handle this sort of "deviant" behavior, but he sure seemed ill-prepared to me.

He talked almost constantly, rarely asking for my input, and I began to wonder if I actually needd to be there at all. My wife and I talked it over and decided that her problem with my diapers (or my problem with diapers, depending on how you look at it) was better than having to put up with him anymore. This was a case of the cure being worse than the disease.

I would still like to find a therapist to talk to about this, but I'm in no hurry. There are a lot of things worse than wearing a diaper in the privacy of your own home. :D

-RMS401

RMS401, therapists are like everyone else. There are ones who are good at their jobs and others who aren't. Sometimes you have to go through a couple before you get one that's a gem. If you still feel you'd like to talk to someone about it, keep trying. Ask your GP for a recommendation (you don't have to tell him/her it's about the diapers, just say you have some issues would really like to discuss with a professional).

And it's good you stopped seeing that guy, he sounds like an idiot.

Why bother with a therapist at all? I talked to one about my diaper fetish for about 6months. However I only did it because I was made to be there after some police 'issues' in my youth and thought it would be fun to see her reactions to it (she was kinda hot!)

Anyways, there was no point it just saying that I like to wear diapers and want to know why, because most therapists will probably simply say that its either comfort or a fetish. Instead I had to tell her that I wanted to stop wearing (not true) just so I could talk to her each week about diapers!!

It was fun but the 'advice' I got was nothing more than commonsense. Her diagnosis: because I wet the bed for soo long and found comfort and security in diapers I continued to wear them as a means of escaping / relieving stress (apparently i was a troubled youth) and because I wore them during puberty a fetish evolved which was re-inforced by the comfort & security factor.

I think a better way to get advice and help is to use this fourm and seek the advice of fellow abdls. Many will have been through or had similiar experiences to you. Theres lots of people here with good advice and its more anoyonmous and convienient than seeing a shrink anyways.

Why bother with a therapist at all?

It depends (pun intended) on whether you have other issues. I don't think you necessarily need to see a therapist if the only problem you're having is your concern about diaper-wearing - although if it's upsetting to you for some reason then why not? A lot of the people here have other reasons for going to the therapist and some take the opportunity to mention the diapers just to get another opinion.

"I went to see my therapist today and finally cranked up the courage..."

Makes it sound like he has been in therapy for a while - for other stuff - and decided to see what the therapist thought about diapers.

"I went to see my therapist today and finally cranked up the courage..."

Makes it sound like he has been in therapy for a while - for other stuff - and decided to see what the therapist thought about diapers.

I've realized that it is not a so terribly uncommon of a practice to just see a psychologist these days. I know many people I'd consider perfectly fine who see a psychologist -- and many who don't have good enogh insurance (or whose parents don't have such) to see a psychologist/psychiatricst who should.

[------ begin sarcasm ------]

Yes, that's right America, you don't need socialized health care -- those who can't afford health care really don't actually need it. Keep telling yourselves this. Keep voting for candidates who are alright with the poor staying in the situation they are stuck in. If you can't buy a vote, that vote really isn't worth it -- those poor bastards are scum anyway.

[------ end sarcasm ------]

[------ begin sarcasm ------]

Yes, that's right America, you don't need socialized health care -- those who can't afford health care really don't actually need it. Keep telling yourselves this.

Don't go making it a political thing. This really isn't the place for that. Socialized medicine is not a panacea. Government involvment never solves anything. There are safety nets for those that will avail themselves of them. Insurance is not a God-given right any more than wealth or health are. You play the hand you are dealt.

Ben Franklin once said, "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." He was wiser than I and his wisdom still holds today.

I must disagree with this statement. After having finished most of my education degree with a major in physical and behavioral disabilities there are some very distrubing facts. Most notably is that there is a much high number of poor with physical and mental disabilities than in the middle and upper classes. They are part of the lower classes because they are not able to function at 100% in society. Therefore they don't get or can't hold on to good jobs with higher salaries. To suggest that they will succeed by ignoring them is a naive concept.

Don't forget Ben Franklin was part of the upper class and was never considered a champion of the poor. In fact I believe he was a slave owner.

If you want to help out the poor, you must be willing to invest in them. A perfect way to help them is through socialized medicine, give them the help they need to become successful lmembers of society.

Interesting stat...the poor in Canada have a better chance to succeed and rise into the middle or upper class than the same group in the US. Part of this has to be attibuted to Canada's ability to support its entire population.

If you don't believe in god, nothing is a God given right -- including life...

But, there are some out there that think as technology and society develop that they should be used to raise the standard of living for everyone, not just those at the top of a capitalistic society.

I'd check on that Ben Franklin - slave owner thing. I'm not sure you're right.

Either way, my original point was that many people [cough]in the mid to upper class in the US[end cough] see a psychologist on a regular basis, and it often isn't for any issues greater than the average person has... we alll handle problems/issues in different ways.

Guest Guest_MakesHisOwn_*

If you don't believe in god, nothing is a God given right -- including life...

But, there are some out there that think as technology and society develop that they should be used to raise the standard of living for everyone, not just those at the top of a capitalistic society.

I'd check on that Ben Franklin - slave owner thing.

I must disagree with this statement. After having finished most of my education degree with a major in physical and behavioral disabilities there are some very distrubing facts. Most notably is that there is a much high number of poor with physical and mental disabilities than in the middle and upper classes. They are part of the lower classes because they are not able to function at 100% in society. Therefore they don't get or can't hold on to good jobs with higher salaries. To suggest that they will succeed by ignoring them is a naive concept.

Don't forget Ben Franklin was part of the upper class and was never considered a champion of the poor. In fact I believe he was a slave owner.

If you want to help out the poor, you must be willing to invest in them. A perfect way to help them is through socialized medicine, give them the help they need to become successful lmembers of society.

Interesting stat...the poor in Canada have a better chance to succeed and rise into the middle or upper class than the same group in the US. Part of this has to be attibuted to Canada's ability to support its entire population.

I was going to post a reply to Botox's 'pull-the-ladder-up-Jack' post but I see you've beaten me to it.

I don't know anything about Benjamin Franklin's involvement in the slave trade but I would certainly question claims of his great wisdom :o

I think you've succinctly said what I was thinking on the social welfare issues, so thanks.

Dolly

Guest Just Another Bubba

I was going to post a reply to Botox's 'pull-the-ladder-up-Jack' post but I see you've beaten me to it.

I don't know anything about Benjamin Franklin's involvement in the slave trade but I would certainly question claims of his great wisdom

Guest_MakesHisOwn, I'm glad you got help and didn't take your own life. Bravo! I've never been that close to the edge or I've been too busy to consider it. I've had friends that couldn't deal and some made the ultimate choice to chew the end of a barrel.

But social welfare is a trap. Look at New Orleans after the storm, they killed, looted and raped their own. In Miss and Alabama they didn't have those problems or at least not the significant degree that New Orleans did.

If the government gives you fish, you never learn to fish and if something happens to the fish-bringer, everyone starves, AKA, New Orleans turned on itself.

I grew up pretty poor, a broken home and worked my tail off from the time I was old enough to pay social security. I lived in shacks and friend's garages while working my way through college, that I paid for, every single penny. I knew at 16 that someone getting a cut of my hard earned pay for sitting on their ass sucked even then.

Somehow a point about universal medicare turned into a debate on social welfare and people who don't work. The principle behind universal medicare is that all people should have the same quality of, and access to, medical care. Those of you who talk about how hard you've worked to get where you are should not be denied good medical care because the CEO in the next bed has a bigger bank balance. You've probably worked just as hard all your life, but for lower wages. Is his life more valuable than yours? Should he have a better doctor? Access to newer, more effective treatments?

Universal medicare is not perfect - I know that from personal experience - but it does mean that I get just as good a doctor and treatment as the millionaire next to me.

Actually, this is the general discussion forum, and as it seems, this discussion has generally wandered into politics.

Here, let me trace the progression of the topic for you:

Diapers > mental health care > social health care programs > politics, health care, and society.

Now, for those of you who haven't ever had a conversation wander to a new topic before, you need to try and have more longer conversations. For those who have, and still think that pointing out that the conversation is off the original topic is the solution, please find a more eloquent segue back to the original topic, such as:

I saw this picture of this white and black dude in New Orleans, standing together holding a bag of Depends, and the caption read:

"Social Health Care Plan accepted. New Orleans residents find supply of diapers to pee in. Water less poluted; all can move home safely!"

Either way though, diaper wearing by adults relates directly to health care, and therefore is related to social programs.

I'm curious who has seen a shrink of some type and discussed diapers -- and who has done it on the government's dime. Who on their parents'? Or on their health insurance company's?