LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Diaper Help. Always Leaking!

Cortana

Hi everyone!! I have a question to ask - I'm still pretty new with all this, please bare with me.

I am a 23y/o female... and I have the biggest problem with my diapers leaking, always. I've tried regular store brand diapers with booster liners and Tranquility ATN. The ATN almost held it all, but not quite. I'm afraid to go buy anymore diapers online until I get some feedback first on what will hold the most, especially for females. I know that makes a difference, my boyfriend has a much easier time with diapers, even when he wets a lot, he never leaks near as much as I do.

I am a bit of a "flooder"... I guess maybe that's part of the problem. I'd just really be interested in hearing how some of you deal with these leaks, maybe what products are best for heavy wetting females, lol.

Thanks so much, ahead of time.

what size do you wear? i have found that using baby diapers in side helps. my favortie and the most absorbent baby diaper is cvs brand. they hold one and a half wettings and i flood my diapers. molicare super plus and abena is the most absorbent. i will pm you i have some question.

I am a bit of a "flooder"... I guess maybe that's part of the problem. I'd just really be interested in hearing how some of you deal with these leaks, maybe what products are best for heavy wetting females, lol.

When it comes to flooding, it's not so much about how much the diaper can hold. If you flood faster than the diaper can absorb it, you'll leak. Plastic pants can do a bit to reduce the chances of the leak going public.

Handling incontinence, which is what they're designed for, is more about handling dribbles than floods.

Can't say my advice will be worth much, as I wouldn't know how to stop a female's diaper leaks.

That said:

1. Store Diapers... will always leak, that is, if you can even manage to get them on without the tapes falling apart.

2. Flooding your diapers is much more likely to leak. If you have to flood for the 1st wetting, try to relax a little afterward and don't build up so much, make a conscious effort to go every 1/2 hour or so.

Don't relax too much too often, if you wear 24/7 and completely relax the entire time, over the long term you could affect your ability to hold it in. Just ask Simon in the Incont forum..

3. Taping. I used to have many of problems with leaks because I was taping the diapers wrong. I have learned that for a snug, leak-free fit, it is better to attach the bottom tapes first.

4. I can't speak for ATN, or any other European diaper, I haven't had the luxury of trying them yet. I do hear very good things about them. Bambinos have been the best I have tried so far, they have leaked on me before, but not since I started taping the bottoms 1st.

A lady friend had the same issue, and we experimented with many brands to the point that it got to be traumatic in that she was always so self conscious that she would leak, untill we finally found several that *do* work well for heavy wettings.

to that end, look for brands that fit you well that have a high pulp content,

Pulp absorbs the moisture faster than the gel crystals, but allows for it to be squeezed out easily, the idea being diapers like molicare, abena, bambino, mega careline(her personal favorite avail from XP medical a DD sponsor ;))

We've since worked on a few things to help her with wetting, the first is to wet before she puts a diaper on, after all no point in getting diapered to only have to change after 5 minutes due to major leakage.

Another thing we've tried is stopping and starting, gaining control to wet a bit, then stop, wet a bit, then stop etc, to give the diaper a chance to absorb. (kegel exercises are great for this, with lots of other added benefits).

Some stuffers only make leaks worse, others help alot based on how much fluff vs gel they are, some are really good like the tranquility ones as they channel fluid away across the entire stuffer spreading into the whole diaper.

anyhow. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. best of luck.

Abena works great. There Xplus I believe holds the most of any diaper out there. You can get them from xpmedical.com. Fetware sells a fleece lined plastic pant that you can wear over as well. I find they work better then regular plastic pants at stopping leaks with disposables since they can absorb liquid as well where as with regular plastic pants it would just pool.

Guest YkDave

abena x-plus, and if for some ungodly reason that still leaks try a doubler. Im actually wearing that right at this moment and im willing to bet this sucker still wont leak by this time tomorrow night!

It's funny that people talk about store brands suck. But I've been using Walgreen's Brands for years with no problem, I always use one to three diaper doublers from Baby's r us. I have flooded mine two or three times per change. I always wear plastic pants for extra protection anyway. But I agree that for some diapers that if you flood them quickly they won't absorb fast enough. Just my 2 cents worth.

some store brands are marginally 'ok'

Personally, i still use the store brand ones from time to time, usually when i dont want to be waddling around like a duck from these x-plus's!

It takes some talent to get them taped right or else they pop off or the diaper is too loose, but once you find that sweet spot they are ok.

Try Abena X-Plus and a Abena Abri-let Maxi as Booster, it will not leak. :thumbsup:

That combo is what I use, and I have flooded a fresh combo to the point of leakage.

Usually I don't, but a big enough bladder can fill even an Abena X-plus + Maxi faster

than they can absorb it.

look around i just got a FREE SAMPLE pack from http://www.homedeliverymedical.com/ and they came with in two days of me ordering it so fast and easy i ordered a pack for my girlfriend and they came in a plain white package and just said Home Delivery Medical on it and nothing else and the nice thing about them they carry other products besides diapers so if you have people that like to pry just tell them you ordered something else from them if they ask so its worth it i got the attends youth pullups from them today and there great on me and fit perfect.Figured id pass that along and the woman got her a pack of Tena Night Super Briefs so defiantly worth it in my opinion ......

• 3 weeks later...

A thick flat rectangular diaper and plastic pants. If you can stand the bulk, it is the way to go.

Hi everyone!! I have a question to ask - I'm still pretty new with all this, please bare with me.

I am a 23y/o female... and I have the biggest problem with my diapers leaking, always. I've tried regular store brand diapers with booster liners and Tranquility ATN. The ATN almost held it all, but not quite. I'm afraid to go buy anymore diapers online until I get some feedback first on what will hold the most, especially for females. I know that makes a difference, my boyfriend has a much easier time with diapers, even when he wets a lot, he never leaks near as much as I do.

Thanks so much, ahead of time.

• 4 years later...

when you get a fresh diaper out, the best thing to do is bunch it up some and shake it a little to get the absorbant material to loosen up. Once you do that, the diaper will easily absorb faster and more. I read about this on another forum a while back and it works. I will also have to admit that you get what you pay for most of the time. The only cheap diapers I buy now are the depend real fit for men. They are thin and hold a decent amount. My favorite diaper is Abena X Plus M4.

My few pennies! A nappy needs time to absorb the wee and also space, I have a problem with leaks when I'm sat on my nappy so I always use a chair pad or something if I want to sit down and relax. The wee will take the easiest route out which is not the pad itself. When you wet try giving it a few minutes before you sit down or move and allow the nappy to absorb the wee. My favourites are tena maxi and my current supply from the nhs is euron super plus. Tenas are great but they seep, the eurons are super and don't seep, tapes are awesome and reusable. The only downside Incan think of is the pad and the rear doesn't go up high enough. Given your female and your wee will tend to fill the middle and rear first I'd go tena maxi.

Add to my post! Why does every say the abena M4 is so great? It weeps pee though the fabric outer, the tapes are naff and there is no elastic in the waist. Also due to the poor fit around the waist they almost fall off you when wet. I had a mega wet night last night due to a little too much cider and my euron weighed roughly 4.5kg, it was fucking huge! If I'd have sat down down, sure it would have leaked but it wasn't going nowhere. An abena with 3litres or 3kg would be down by my ankles!

I've not tried plastic backed abenas but every, and I mean every single fabric backed nappy I've tried had ended up damp on the outside. I asked for some samples of the euron super plus in fabric last week, thought it would be good to give them a them a go, but sure as hell they seeped. The only time I've been glad for a cloth nappy is in very hot weather and it was nice to have some coolness round the sides.