LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers Leading To Slight Incontinence?

abenas

Hi, I'm new here and registered mainly to ask this question. I apologize if this is in the wrong section, or has just been talked about.

I started wearing more frequently less than a year ago. With any luck, I try to wear on the weekends... but the weekdays are usually too busy.

Anyway, as of late (maybe 2 weeks ago) I have been having "dripping" problems after using the bathroom at work and school. I'll shake, and really work to make sure I'm done urinating... and then sometimes I will find a quarter-sized wet spot on my shorts up to a few minutes later. I know I have done this in the past but on on a rare occasion like when I'm in a rush or just plain absent-minded... but it has been happening a little more often. Am I developing a slight incontinence problem by using diapers?

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Should I start using the Tena pads I originally bought to thicken my diapers?

I don't have that problem per say. I am Incontinent so I wear pretty much daily. But from my younger years I would say you have to get to the relax factor. Even After I did all the "normal things" that you mentioned a guy has to go through..I would still get the drips. I found if I just stood in front of the urinal and took a breath or two and relaxed that the extra would indeed just come out too. What the heck though a little extra padding in your pant's couldn't hurt either.

I would doubt that for as long as you wear and the frequency would be attributed to your problem, but everybody is different. Better safe then sorry!

Sounds like Post Micturition Dribbling (PMD) - I've seen a Urologist about this. You need to start wearing at least a Depend Guard. Or use the Wal-Mart Version, it still as the plastic backing.

----PMD, or 'After-dribble' means the loss of a few drops of urine after the main stream, when the bladder appears to be empty. The medical term for this condition is 'post micturition dribbling'. It usually happens just as the penis is being replaced and garments rearranged, and ends up with trousers getting wet and stained. Some men find that, despite waiting and shaking, it remains a problem.

What is happening is that the urethra (the tube leading from the bladder to the tip of the penis) is not being emptied completely by the muscle surrounding it. A "sump" of urine pools at a low point in the urethra.---

I'm 47 when I was in my early 20's I started to have this problem. When I started to wear diapers on a regular basis I found that I needed to go more often and maybe in your case I'll have spurts after I go, along with the dripping.

Before I realized there was a product for minor dripping it was annoying, but as a DL it doesn't bother me at all as long as there's a pad!

One urinary problem that I have and I've seen the Dr. about is multi-streams when I urinate. the urologist suggested that I sit when wetting, fine at home but not in a public restroom. Another reason to be diapered!

Phil

Hi, I'm new here and registered mainly to ask this question. I apologize if this is in the wrong section, or has just been talked about.

I started wearing more frequently less than a year ago. With any luck, I try to wear on the weekends... but the weekdays are usually too busy.

Anyway, as of late (maybe 2 weeks ago) I have been having "dripping" problems after using the bathroom at work and school. I'll shake, and really work to make sure I'm done urinating... and then sometimes I will find a quarter-sized wet spot on my shorts up to a few minutes later. I know I have done this in the past but on on a rare occasion like when I'm in a rush or just plain absent-minded... but it has been happening a little more often. Am I developing a slight incontinence problem by using diapers?

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Should I start using the Tena pads I originally bought to thicken my diapers?

Its extremely possible that wearing for long periods of time, especially if its frequent wearing can promote a relatively minor incontinence. If you arn't wearing full time, I doubt it would develop any farther than the spotting you've noticed. I noticed that I was having a similar problem when I was wearing much more frequently. If your wearing frequency goes down, likely the leakage will too.

In the meantime it probably wouldnt hurt to have a pad in your underwear, especially if you want to avoid the staining of your pants/underwear that it might lead to. And you never know, one of these days it may be a more significant leak. I would keep an eye on things though, and if it continues too long, go see a urologist.

Greetings,

I've had the same problem for about five years now, and I'm 31. I'm occassionally diapered, probably the same amount as you. Since my "leakage" is so slight, I don't worry about it. I've also found that reaching as far back as the perineum (the stretch of skin between the scrotum and anus) and "squeeging" from there forward helps too. If it concerns you, speak with a urologist. If not, might still be a good idea.

Regards,

T

I've been having this problem lately, as well. A quarter sized dripping didn't concern me, but the other day, it was a bit more. It went down the leg of my boxer briefs, and made the crotch of my jeans slightly damp. I only wear once in a while. Sometimes for 12+ hour, but that's like maybe twice a month. But, I'll go to the bathroom, shake, etc. Then, I'll find a wet spot later.

I had this problem and this is how I fixed it. I analyzed how I was peeing. Usually it was at a urinal and the second I would put it back in my pants there would be a spurt and it would get on my pants. First, after thinking about it, I didn't shake enough of it out and second there was still more in there I was just too quick. I then realized I needed to slow down and spend at least 30 seconds after the initial pee just shaking it and moving my legs to the right and to the left to get it all out. Then right before putting it back in make sure that the position that it would become in my pants, like pointing down, I would perform before I did it. Think of it like a hose that gets a kink in it. Make sure you unkink it all before putting it in your pants. I was just going too fast. I might have also been able to put it down to stress. Whenever I get stressed I tend to do things quicker, like peeing and even eating to get those "mundane" things out of the way so I can worry about things. I am still working on slowing down but I can see that is a major reason why my pee stains happened. However, you could just wear diapers and not have to worry about it ;-)

SDB

Just wondering, can you only have night time problems, but no problems during the day with diapers?

Not sure if you're asking me directly.. Or if it's possible for people in general... If you're asking the general question- then yes, and it seems this is the most common type of incontinence. But, as you may know- I'm no expert! haha.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering, can you only have night time problems, but no problems during the day with diapers?

If I wake up in the middle of the night, I usually get up and go to the bathroom before going back to sleep. When I sleep in diapers, I take advantage of them, relaxing and wetting. I fall asleep a lot faster if I don't have to get out of bed to make the trip to the bathroom.

However, the other night was the second time in the last few months when I wasn't sleeping in diapers when I woke up wetting the bed. I'm 47 and prior to getting into diapers a couple years ago, I hadn't wet the bed since I was a little kid. I attribute it to having diapers on the brain.

After some Thanksgiving travel, I'm planning on being diapered for bed everynight for a month - up til now it's rarely been more than a couple nights in a row at a time. It'll be interesting to see if the bedwetting shows up more frequently after my month.

I had this problem and this is how I fixed it. I analyzed how I was peeing. Usually it was at a urinal and the second I would put it back in my pants there would be a spurt and it would get on my pants. First, after thinking about it, I didn't shake enough of it out and second there was still more in there I was just too quick. I then realized I needed to slow down and spend at least 30 seconds after the initial pee just shaking it and moving my legs to the right and to the left to get it all out ...

Been there, done that ... I tried waiting too (never patient enough for a whole 30 seconds, tho), and when that didn't work I went to Plan B. It works every time.

After peeing, try unbuttoning the front of your pants and letting them drop an inch or so, just in the front... so your unit is hanging as it would inside your pants. That should release that last reservoir of pee still caught in the urethra.

However, you could just wear diapers and not have to worry about it ;-)

SDB

Or that too ^_^

wv

• 1 month later...

I've had the same problem too and the relaxing after you pee works for me but I've also started using adult pull up's just in case. I also find that when I'm wearing diapers I need to go more often that when I'm not wearing them but with the added protection of a diaper it don't bother me at all.

Nappies 4 me B)

• 4 months later...

I believe I may be developing this problem. Normally I will be wearing diaper when I have to wet and instead of going to the bathroom I just wet my diaper. I would like to say that I have control over this, but just as I was getting ready for bed and started to get into bed I all of a sudden just started wetting my diaper withiout doing it on my own :o . So could this be the start of a problem? Am I now going to NEED :( diapers?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that reduced bladder capacity, urgency and frequency can be the result of wearing nappies for extended periods. It would depend on how you wet your nappy, you may have limited time to enjoy the experience and may keep peeing small amounts the moment you feel the need. If you have discretion and all the time in the diaper, you may not be in a hurry and can enjoy the different sensations of relieving a very full bladder and the resulting sensual, contained flood of warm wetness during and after a good long pee.

From personal experience, wearing on occasional days is less likely to have extended effects, continued use or the way one wets may de-train one's bladder, especially if peeing is forced and frequent rather than relaxed and at the natural frequency. It may be possible to use your nappies to an advantage in helping retrain in an effective and enjoyable way. Wear one all day, holding on and on to each full bladder, resisting the spasms and surges until you're absolutely sure the limit has been reached, only then, reward yourself with a good hot swamping, stopping the flow a couple of times to tone up the pelvic floor. The convenience of wearing a nappy during retraining means you can be totally confident during desperation and won't have to find a toilet before reaching the limit as non nappy wearers would.

Either train your bladder or start wearing a diaper (you might as well, even if only something thin as a leak-protector). Your choice. It depends mostly on how strong your desires are. Mine are so strong it's almost inevitable I will wear 24/7 someday.

Has anyone seen any studies or scientific studies on the matter? Of diapers causing incontinence, I mean. I didn't think continence was a "use it or lose it" kind of thing - maybe in the extremely long run, something like muscle atrophy, over years. But I would imagine it as something more like, say, holding your breath. If you try and work on it you can hold your breath longer and longer, but just because you haven't been to the pool or tried to hold your breath in years doesn't mean you can't do it at all any more.

Anyway without reference it's mostly speculation.

Of course I have had problems like the OP describes... my girlfriend often complains about wet spots on whatever my lowest layer garment is. I suppose if I try really hard to be thorough - particularly if I am wearing something that doesn't involve a fly and so can use the downward angle - I can usually avoid a problem. I do admit though, it's one of the things I like about putting on a diaper... I Don't have to worry about that nay more.