LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers Are My Therapy

Hello!!!!

I am new to this site so I am not entirely sure if this room is for me as I am not medically incontinent however I am not a ummmmmmmm person that wants to be a baby or something etc. However I do actually wear diapers..... so I'm not sure where I exactly fit here.

Anyway my situation is that I have a severe anxiety disorder that includes many phobias. The main and total worst phobia that I have is using toilets especislly public toilets or toilets that are not in my own home but really all toilets in general.

I have had this problem for years. Before it was so bad that I would find myself in my room trying to hold it as long as I could, crying and ending up just going in my pants because I coudln't force myself to go in and use the toilet. It got so bad that I stopped eating and drinking because I wanted to avoid needing to go to the bathroom at all costs and I was so afriad of what I was going to do when I needed to go. I became so severely underweight and dehydrated from doing this that I needed to be hospitilized and have been trying to find alternative ways to deal with my problem ever since.

I have tried extensive therapy, medications etc. etc. etc. but nothing seems to be able to stop my problem so about two years ago now (fall 2006) I became so desperate that I decided to try using adult diapers as a way to cope with my problem.

Many people find my desicion to do this quite BIZARRE wierd and freaky but I really had no other choice.

I actually discovered that wearing diapers minimizes my anxiety about needing to use the bathroom big time as I just go in the diapers instead of freaking out about the toilet. It took some time to get used to but now that I have been wearing diapers for about 2 years now I'm used to the grossness.

Now my question for you guys is is it normal for someone like me that is not medically incontinent to sometimes you know like accidentally go??????

I don't really know how to explain it its just sometimes I just like go without really meaning to go and I don;t know if thats normal.

Its just like sometimes I sorta start to pee my diapers on accident etc.

I wasn't really concerned about this until today cause see I was at home all day so I decided to just go around without a diaper......

Lets just say it didn't go so well and I had to actually change my pants several times.

This might be TMI but the part that really freaked me out was I was talking on the phone with my BF earlier and I accidentally pooped my pants when I was talking to her!!!!!!!!!! Yeah so I don't know if I should be freaking out like I am or what......

So uh...... help???

It sounds like you are starting to become slightly incontinent. If you don't like it then I would suggest if you need to pee or poop hold it for a little bit before going in your nappy. That way your body will let you know when you need to go.

On another note I know a few people who hate toilets especially public toilets...hell i'll avoid one if i can most of those things are disgusting.

Yea so as I said...if the diapers are helping you out then I would suggest keeping them as we wouldn't want you being hospitalized again. But try and train yourself a little if your worried about it. Just when you need to go...hold it for a bit and that should start you on your way.

Hope that helped.

It does sound like you are becoming incontinent. If you wear diapers and use them long enough, then you will become totally incontinent. You spincter muscles will weaken from not being used. I can understand your reason for not using public toilets. You need to go and see a urologist. Tell him or her your phobia and that you are wearing diapers to handle the problem and see what they can do for you.

Sounds to me a bit like reverse toilet training, question is though would it really harm your life that much to actually need diapers physically since you seem to need them wholeistically?

P.S nappies/diapers seem to work better if you gradually release rather than flood them like you would if you are using the toilet but using that sort of technique I am pretty sure would definately lead to lack of control.

Like the others have said, you've probably become somewhat incontinent just from lack of trying to hold it. If you don't worry about the urge for long enough, you essentially stop noticing it, and then accidents happen. For the daytime, if you don't want to end up worsening your incontinence, you might consider sometimes wearing regular underwear underneath your diapers, as it will not dry immediately, and you will be made much more aware every time you wet. You will have to be quicker to change though, or this will lead to a rash.

If you are having problems staying dry at night, you should invest in a bedwetting alarm. It will wake you up with a loud beeping sound should it detect moisture. This should pretty quickly curtail any bedwetting issues.

As for the overall anxiety problem, you might try going to a different kind of therapist. If you haven't already, search your area for a therapist specializing in Cognitive/Behavioral Therapy (CBT). That particular style has been proven very effective in dealing with situations like yours, and it has a much more solutions-focused approach. If you've only experienced talk therapy so far, this may be exactly what you need. There are also a variety of medications that control anxiety. It could be that you simply haven't found the right one yet.

In any case, best of luck to you. I hope the people in your life are understanding of your problem.

Call me old school, but I just check stuff when people are talking. I really don't understand if it is net lingo?..or people really don't know how to talk, either way this country is going to heck... My note:

I was talking on the phone with my BF earlier and I accidentally pooped my pants when I was talking to her!!!!!!!!!!

BF means "boy friend" then now it's a girl ("her").. To me sounds like a troll.. I have been wrong..but I catch the "flags".. Sorry if I was wrong.

It does sound like you are becoming incontinent. If you wear diapers and use them long enough, then you will become totally incontinent. You spincter muscles will weaken from not being used. I can understand your reason for not using public toilets. You need to go and see a urologist. Tell him or her your phobia and that you are wearing diapers to handle the problem and see what they can do for you.

I do think this is a classic case of "untraining", but I disagree that untraining is a necessary consequence of diaper wearing or using. Not that it isn't a consequence of using diapers without thinking, or without paying attention to what is happening, that is the crux.

As others have said, to avoid "untraining", pay attention and keep the diaper dry for at least a little while once the urge to use it comes, or make yourself get up and go to the bathroom door when you use the diaper. Or don't wear diapers when at home.

• 6 months later...

it defiantly sounds like your loosing control of you bladder and bowels. Again if you don't hold you bladder or bowels and just go when ever you began to feel the slightest feeling of having to go. Then yes you are going to see your self having trouble with holding your bladder and bowels. I've found that I've never been the stronget at holding it when it comes to needing to pee. I truly think I may suffer from urge incontinence since there are times were i don't make to the bathroom and there are also times which im truly honestly afraid of having an major accident. I've only peed m pants in very small amounts thats all by accident

Call me old school, but I just check stuff when people are talking. I really don't understand if it is net lingo?..or people really don't know how to talk, either way this country is going to heck... My note:

I was talking on the phone with my BF earlier and I accidentally pooped my pants when I was talking to her!!!!!!!!!!

BF means "boy friend" then now it's a girl ("her").. To me sounds like a troll.. I have been wrong..but I catch the "flags".. Sorry if I was wrong.

BF can sometimes also mean "Best Friend." It does get a bit confusing. When I see BF or any other lingo that can be confused easily, which can sometimes happen with all these abreviations, I put it within the context of the sentence to understand what the person means. It helps me out tremendously.

Oh, and you are not old school. You gotta make sure people are not trying to take advantage of upset the community. Keep doing what you do best. :) You do well in keeping this community a good and harmonious place to hang out.

Interesting situation. What makes you afraid of toilets? Has this always been a fear you've had? I'm not to judge on what you should do, but if you can conquer your fear, go ahead. If not, diapers aren't the worst thing in the world. You shouldn't get treated differently just because you are wearing diapers. I am hoping for the best outcome for you. :)