LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help Me Choose A Diaper For My Girlfriend

Hey Everyone,

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half and need some guidance on which diaper to use next. We have nearly used up all of the Depends Adjustables and need to go shopping.

Here's what I thought about the Depends:

. . +They look sexy (but a lot of diapers probably do)

. . +They were white and sort of "plasticy"

. . - They go all the way up to her belly button and over her pant line (too big)

. . - Too thin

. . - They bunch up pretty quickly (probably effects absorbency)

. . - Three tabs on each side (too many, but I like the "winged diaper" style)

She hasn't gone to the bathroom in one yet, but I hope she will soon and so we do need absorbency. I really like bulkiness and a sort of plastic feel (i would hate cloth-like) for her to wet. However, she has worn them in public before and I really like that, so they should probably be able to be disguised, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to give up bulk. Maybe the solution is to have two different brands so she can choose which one to use for the given occasion to surprise me? She is 5'5", has a waist of about 28", and is about 125 pounds.

Another problem is that I'm still at home and don't have my own credit card bill for online purchases. I have a credit card I could use but it would show up on her bill.

I've thought about Goodnites and Abena Abri Forms, but they (Goodnites) probably wouldn't be able to hold enough liquid (she doesn't go to the bathroom often, so I'm assuming each time she does, it's a lot). I really like the style of the blue-ish diaper (Wellness brief) on this page.

Any help or reviews are welcome and extremely appreciated by my girfriend and me to help us satisfy all our (my) diaper needs. Thanks!

You might want to look at the diaper reviews here on this site as well as others. One of my all time faves remains Attends which might be available in your area. You might find them in a medical supply store in your town or a town nearby. Depend should be readily available pretty well anywhere in the US and Canada. They are nice and white as well they have one of the loudest diaper crinkle out there. Absorbsion shouldn't be an issue with either brand as long as she doesn't 'flood' them.

If you can manage to get a hold of a credit card or someone who is willing to buy you stuff online then Bambino's are the only way to go IMO. They are simply one of the best diapers out there.

Daddy/Hubby and I perfer to wear abena xplus. I like thick diapers, and these are thick. I have yet to leak in them and have had up to six wettings in them. I also like the crinkle noise and the plasitc coating on the outside. The only draw back are the tapes, so sometimes you have to add your own tape to keep them on, but in a way its good....daddy says that way I can't get out of them myself.... lol....but lately we haven't had to tape them up like we usually do... so thats good.... unfortunatly you have to buy them online so that might not be possible for you... but you should check out the website kckmedical.com and xpmedical.com

Everyone likes diapers for a reason...you just have to try them yourself to find the diaper that you guys like best... all I can tell you is what I like to wear... most places you can get a sample pack ... might want to do that first...

Hope that helps

I side with drynot on Bambinos being the best online diaper. They're my FAVORITE. But beyond online diapers i cant help much. I'm still in the three tap depends because i'm too afraid i wont like whatever i switch to. I love the plastic feel and the cute plain-white sorta thing (and even the wetness indicator isn't all that bad), but the tabs are killin' me!! They just dont stay together.

I'll be checking back on this later. I really want a new diaper to try out. I just cant afford to go trying every kind, although i have heard good things about the CVS brand.

-Sophie

Well the Abena diapers are right up there in quality too. However I would never wear an X-plus in public unless I absolutely had to. I am not worried about leaks or anything like that its just that diaper is so big and thick it would be hard for me to conceal ;)

Can't comment on the sizes as I wear large, but they seemed to run a bit big IMO.

Okay coming from a small baby..28" waist. Abena's do indeed make a small size. In fact they tend to be alittle smaller on the legs than the norm. But as a girl they may just be the ticket. I have worn them under a standard pair of jeans (not loosefit) and nobody was the wiser. If she wore them under a normal skirt or pant's I think it would just accentuate her figure. I would caution you on one little thing. As a guy, I didn't mind when they started to get wet and swell up, now on a girl depending on what she is wearing a bulged up front may tip a few people off but a normal skirt could cure that problem. People aren't really looking at that anyway, trust me.

Now if you like the cute blue color. Go with a Molicare Classic plus. Two to three times the absorbency of a depend. Two tapes and should ride just perfect on her hips. You can go to the Super Plus and they are a cute Lilac color and will hold 6 times what a depend will and are quite thick.

I get mine from here: http://www.adultdiapers.org/molclasbrief7.html

Bambino's..Yep they are number one in my book for fun and absorbency but the smalls don't fit quite right. They only have the Baby Print in a small though. Secure X-Plus is also available in a small and are quite similar to a Bambino.

You can also get one of those quick re loadable Visa's (VisaBux) for a online purchase at like a Kroger's or something. No muss no fuss with bank accounts and charge receipt's.

Okay coming from a small baby..28" waist. Abena's do indeed make a small size. In fact they tend to be alittle smaller on the legs than the norm. But as a girl they may just be the ticket. I have worn them under a standard pair of jeans (not loosefit) and nobody was the wiser. If she wore them under a normal skirt or pant's I think it would just accentuate her figure. I would caution you on one little thing. As a guy, I didn't mind when they started to get wet and swell up, now on a girl depending on what she is wearing a bulged up front may tip a few people off but a normal skirt could cure that problem. People aren't really looking at that anyway, trust me.

Now if you like the cute blue color. Go with a Molicare Classic plus. Two to three times the absorbency of a depend. Two tapes and should ride just perfect on her hips. You can go to the Super Plus and they are a cute Lilac color and will hold 6 times what a depend will and are quite thick.

I get mine from here: http://www.adultdiapers.org/molclasbrief7.html

Bambino's..Yep they are number one in my book for fun and absorbency but the smalls don't fit quite right. They only have the Baby Print in a small though. Secure X-Plus is also available in a small and are quite similar to a Bambino.

You can also get one of those quick re loadable Visa's (VisaBux) for a online purchase at like a Kroger's or something. No muss no fuss with bank accounts and charge receipt's.

Wow, very informative replies!

When you wear Abena's in public, are they the Extras or the X-Pluses? Also, I think I would like it if I could see that her diaper was wet, preferably by seeing the more yellow color at her bottom. Does this show up on a the Blue Molicare Classics? Do they make white ones? It may be enough to see her diaper get really bulgy and just make a quick check with my hand though.

Also, if I got her Goodnites, would they leak? I prefer not to get the pull-up style, but they do look kinda cute.

I'm really excited, but don't want to rush into spending a lot of $ on a brand I don't like.

Wow, very informative replies!

When you wear Abena's in public, are they the Extras or the X-Pluses? Also, I think I would like it if I could see that her diaper was wet, preferably by seeing the more yellow color at her bottom. Does this show up on a the Blue Molicare Classics? Do they make white ones? It may be enough to see her diaper get really bulgy and just make a quick check with my hand though.

Also, if I got her Goodnites, would they leak? I prefer not to get the pull-up style, but they do look kinda cute.

I'm really excited, but don't want to rush into spending a lot of $ on a brand I don't like.

Well ya did ask... :blush: It's not like I haven't been wearing them longer than you have been alive B). Abena's or any other diaper in public..yeppers, everyday and X-pluses are a yeppers too! I only wear the bestests ones. When you "Need" protection you settle for nothing less than the best. ;) Molicares in either color have a wetness indicator that disappears when wet, so a quick glimpse will tell you that, the plastic is translucent, so that tell tale little yellow color shows through too, just to make you happy. My Wife quite often gives me the "little" squeeze test as well. If you haven't had experience with the little "pinch" test you will, squeeze a dry diaper it feels like cotton, squeeze a wet one is like squishing playdoh between your thumb and first finger.

Trust me they will swell up and you will have no doubt as to when she might be "getting" close. But I will say unless your out for the night with a Molicare at the local Bar tossing a few back, leaking isn't going to be a problem. Not sure about White years ago yes, now I would say no. At least in the states.

Goodnights, well.... while they will fit her. They are prone to tear away at the sides and leak if you were to "flood" them. Not something I think she would like to happen wearing a skirt and the goodnights hit her ankles..can you say no more diapers!!!!????? Don't forget to get her a cute pair of Plastic Panties once this all comes to bear. They are a great little saftey and Insurance. You can order Molicares by the bag, and some places will send you a couple of samples for a small price so that you can try them out. Just gotta look around abit..Google is your friend!!!! Hope this helps..If not hit me up!

I've been wearing abena xplus in public for years... its not that big of deal... especially if you wear a tshirt that is a little bigger and comes down past your butt... if anyone has ever noticed me wearing one, they have never said anything to me....

The latest was wearing an abena under my jean skirt that only comes above my knee... i wore it to the zoo... no one said anything and i think they were all too busy looking at the animals to notice me lol

I just did a little research and those Visa Gift Cards are AMAZING!! I'm 17 so I can't get a reloadable card just yet (3 months...), but I just need one for one or two purchases anyway. Does anyone have any experience with these and how they keep "history" of purchases in any way?

Also, do the Abena or Molicare (it seems like that's what this has come down to) brands come up high on the tummy area? I really like the "low-cut" style more.

Any other comments/criticisms on the Molicare brand? I don't want to put her off with an excessively thick diaper. She's cautious about even wearing depends outside, though they are kinda crinkly.

After this it seems my only problems will be receiving a shipment safely and trying to encourage her to "go further" with the diapers without making it seem like that's all I care about (It's come up). Is it just me or are these forum extremely inviting to bringing out personal sides?

No worries about bringing out your personal side but that question has come up with my wife and I in the past. She thought I was manily interested in just the diaper but I had to reassure her that it was her wearing the diaper that turned me on. I don't get off by seeing a pile of diapers just laying there doing nothing ;)

If she is going to be put off from wearing a thick diaper in public then perhaps just having them for private fun is the way to go.

Repaid1 isn't quite accurate when he states that small bambinos only have the baby print. I have both larges and extra large bambinos with the print. That might not be the way he intended to say it but anyway....

Hmmmm..... I just read some reviews of Molicare Classic Pluses and they are apparently not good. Are these thicker than the Depends Fitted Briefs? This is pretty important because I didn't like how thin the Depends were. Do they make white versions of the Super Plus or Classic (I know I've asked)? Kinda bummed :( ...

It seems like these Molicare's are white, but I've heard mixed things about how thick they are. Probably the most important thing is fit. Like I've said earlier, I hate how high up the Depends come on her. However, the model for this foreign brand and the Absorin Slip Excellence is a PERFECT example of how I like them to look. Maybe everyone "wishes" their diapers fit like this and it has been a manufacturing problem for years? Maybe it's just because we got the wrong size before?

Repaid1's comment about the Molicares fitting just perfect on her hips was greatly reassuring, but some things I've read and seen have made me second guess.

I truly appreciate your time and am sorry to be taking it up, but you guys are being awesome!

Repaid1 isn't quite accurate when he states that small bambinos only have the baby print. I have both larges and extra large bambinos with the print. That might not be the way he intended to say it but anyway....

I meant it to say you can only get size small with the babyprint, not the plain white ones, Bianco's aren't available in a small.

To the OP:

I also noticed that you said your 17, so can't reply anymore. Sorry dude. Rules is rules! Although I will close with that I have been wearing Molicares darn near as long as you have been alive..I might know a little something about them and others. :huh:

I just did a little research and those Visa Gift Cards are AMAZING!! I'm 17 so I can't get a reloadable card just yet (3 months...)

This will be my last set of questions that need answering and I'm outa here:

Will Molicares fit my girlfriend like this picture shows and not like this if I get the right ones?

And which ones are pictured in the good one?

Are the Molicare Super Pluses (specifically) really thick or can they be worn in public too?

Finally, would she fit (28" waist) in Pull-Ups (I like the Disney Princess print)?

Please, these are my last questions that require a thorough response and I'll be satisfied.

Not answering directly, but because future people my be interested. The first is a Molicare Super plus, the bottom tape wasn't used and the diaper was tucked in at the bottom..I do that alot for the "baby" look. The second was the Classic plus and was taken off and put back on Wrong, so they both could look the same way and fit the same..just takes a little knowledge on how to put a diaper on.

• 3 months later...
Guest dl_aslee

In case others are interested I really think more should give the Abri-form Extra's a try. They start out thinner then the X-Plus, but swell up nice. And you can actually wear them discreetly, unlike the x-plus, the mediums are 3000ml vs x-plus 3600ml, so if you do want the extra absorbency you can just put a doubler in them and they will hold as much as the x-plus then. I personally found with the x-plus staying in them even if I didn't wet the material would start to clump up, that doesn't seem to be the case with the extra's. Also you get 22 vs 14 for the same price. I have read a lot of reviews and there are some people that don't have problems with the x-plus and wearing it comfortably for a long period of time, though a lot of reviews also have the clumping problem and I don't recommend it for long wear even though it can take a lot of pee. Though what I have read is a lot of people like using the Attends as their main day time diaper and flooding it shouldn't be a problem, probably just want to change it after 4-6 hours, personally I find it better to change that often anyways. And pretty much any brand you go with at 28" waist you will go with a small. Also pampers size 7 should fit well on a 28" waist, I'm 38" and they fit, though the sides do rip on me after wearing them awhile, but they shouldn't on a 28" waist. I would recommend them over goodnites if you fit in them.

Also just don't waist your money on store brands they all suck, I've tried everyone and none of them can even hold my morning pee, including depends.