LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quotations

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." Jake Chambers in Stephen King's The Gunslinger

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

- Einstein

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

- Einstein

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a webcomic called El Goonish Shive I like:

"The true moral of the Battle of Trenton is if you party too hardy, George Washington will kick your ass."

From aonther webcomic, Bruno the Bandit:

"Yea, Though I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Will Fear No.....WHAT'S THAT?!!"

"[...]everything written on them was unrepeatable since time immemorial and for ever more, because races condemned to one hundred years of solitude did not have a second opportunity on earth." -- One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez

" Somewhere a women is giving birth every 10 seconds, please someone stop her "

:lol: Sounds like an Orwellian glimpse of the future - microwave childbirth, Ping!

:angry2: "For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press 3."

Dolly (very frustrated after 2 hours pressing buttons and discovering there are no human beings at British Gas!)

What can I say -- but I feel the same as you. John died before I was born, but once I was old enough to comprehend that a hero of mine was dead ... I cried. And sometimes, I still do. More than once I've thought to myself, "Boy, the world really needs John right now."

So, let's see here, maybe a quote of his to lighten the mood. This one I attached as one of several epigraphs on my senior project to graduate with a degree in English:

"This is my story

both humble and true

take it to pieces

and mend it with glue."

-- John Lennon (1969)

Imagine

Imagine there's no heaven,

It's easy if you try,

No hell below us,

Above us only sky,

Imagine all the people

living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,

It isnt hard to do,

Nothing to kill or die for,

No religion too,

Imagine all the people

living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,

I wonder if you can,

No need for greed or hunger,

A brotherhood of man,

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,

but Im not the only one,

I hope some day you'll join us,

And the world will live as one.

John Lennon

My pleasure Lance, I hope you get something from it as I always do when I hear or read any of John Lennon's lyrics/poetry.

Btw, you're not the only one who couldn't remember. When I was much younger, I knew every word but nowadays I've got good old google and cut 'n paste to thank for my memory! wacko:

Dolly

I'm planning a road trip with a friend for March/April. He wants to hit big cities out on the east coast of the US... me -- I can't stand big cities. I keep looking over my shoulder, etc. Too many people for me, and it just doesn't feel natural. But, I told him if we go to New York we have to go to Strawberry Fields, or visit where John's apartment was. I heard a moment of silence -- I'm sure he was nodding, and he just said, "yeah." We've been friends for over half my life... we both pretty much feel the same way...

but, another quote from John:

There's room at the top they are telling you still,

But first you must learn how to smile as you kill,

If you want to be like the folks on the hill,

A working class hero is something to be.

A working class hero is something to be.

If you want to be a hero well just follow me,

If you want to be a hero well just follow me.

-- "Working Class Hero," John Lennon

Oh, another one from a song, this one is perhaps the most beautiful metaphor I've ever heard, by Bruce Cockburn:

Sunset is an angel weeping

Holding out a bloody sword

No matter how I squint I cannot

Make out what it's pointing toward

Sometimes you feel like you live too long

Days drip slowly on the page

You catch yourself

Pacing the cage.

-- "Pacing the Cage," Bruce Cockburn

(for the record Jimmy Buffett's cover of this is amazingly beautiful -- if all you've ever heard of Buffett is Mararitaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise, this cover could give you a great concept of who Jimmy Buffett really is -- not the man who just had a few silly hit songs It's on his album Beach House on the Moon)

John wasn't just a great song writer but he wrote several books and had a very dry wit.

In his "Skywriting by Word of Mouth" he wrote:

When you're dead, anything's funny.

John is in a better place right now and those of us who grew up with the Beatles will always remember how he helped change the world.

George Harrison in an interview said that every time the Beatles were performing on TV in the USA crime went down.

I haven't got "Skywriting......" SoCal, but I do have"A Spaniard in the Works" and "John Lennon - in his own Write".

I recently moved house, so I've still got some unpacked boxes of books etc. I'll post a quote or two from them as soon as they see the light of day again.

And Morv, I know you've told us you love the wilds and loathe cities but you must brave NY and visit Strawberry Fields and the Dakota Building. It's a must for any Lennon afficionado. Maybe it sounds a bit mawkish to some but I found it a very moving experience.

Dolly

Guest VladYvhv

It's nice to see the quote from The Gunslinger... Most of my favorite quotes come from movies and games...

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun." -Ash (Bruce Campbell), Army of Darkness.

"It's time to Die..." -Matt Hunter (Chuck Norris), Invasion USA.

"Tricks are for kids, Kun... I'm an old man." -Harmon Smith, Killer 7.

"You mean they act so smart because they're so stupid?" -Grady (Christopher Gartin), Tremors 2.

"Yes!" "No! Rock rips through paper!" -Grady (Christopher Gartin) and Earl (Fred Ward), Tremors 2.

"Some people think I'm overprepared, paranoid, and maybe even a little crazy... But they never met any precabrian lifeforms, did they?" -Burt (Michael Gross), Tremors 2.

"It's goinna be BIG!!!" -Burt (Michael Gross), Tremors 2.

"Memo: 4 pounds of C-4 may be a little... Exessive..." -Burt (Michael Gross), Tremors 2.

"I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid" -Bishop (Lance Hendrikson), Aliens.

"Not bad... For a human..." -Bishop, Aliens.

"Who were you expecting? Santa Claus?" -Vreese, Alien Resurrection.

"I love it when a plan comes together!" -Hannible, The A-Team.

"Let's motorvate!" -Arnie, Christine.

"Alright... Show me..." -Arnie, Christine.

"I thought you said you weren't goinna fight?" "I didn't fight. I gave a motivational seminar." -Chuck Norris's char and the char's friend, Delta Force 2.

"You're crazy!" "Yeah! Ain't it cool?!" -Hale and Deek (John Travolta), Broken Arrow.

Here's and old joke that I think John would have liked.

What did John Lennon say when he got to the pearly gates?

Nobody told me there'd be days like these. :angel_not:

I am a big Yes fan and drummer Alan White was John's drummer for the Plastic Ono Band as well as many of his solo releases. Alan, in a Yes documentary, said one day he got a call from this guy saying,

"Hi Alan, it's John."

Alan replied something like "I don't know anybody called John"

It was John Lennon and less then a day after the brief call he was jet headed for Toronto with John Lennon and Eric Clapton to do a concert. That was that famous Peace Rally/concert they did in Toronto. They practiced on the plane and Alan was probably using the seats and overheads for his drum set.

I would have loved to have been on that plane, eh?