LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Know Of A Cheap Composite/component Transcoder?

I get the two mixed up... one is yellow, white, and red, the other is green, blue, and...red? I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I have an RF modulator that can convert S-Video or component to RF, or the other way around, or S-Video to component (which is most common for what I use it for). I bought it used for $10. Do you have a TV that only accepts composite video?

component has the green and blue and white for video.

composite has the yellow white and red cables.

im trying to hook up my psp to my tv in a way that my vcr can see it so i can record gameplay. The psp cable is component out. my vcr has component out. u can't plug one into the other. my tv has 2 component in adaptors but the two devices can't see each other since the tv would have to be on 2 diff inputs.

Hidden,

To record gameplay, you'll need to connect the PSP to the VCR, then the VCR to the TV.

If the PSP has component outputs and the VCR has component inputs, then you can use that. Otherwise, you'll need the adapter. Since your VCR has component out and the TV has component in, then there's no issue.

Every time you want to play, you'll turn on the VCR to the input channel and turn on the TV to its input channel.

The RF is the coaxial cable that is normally used for cable TV and between the VCR and TV. You're using this when you set the TV to channel 3 or 4 and use the VCR as your video source (movies or cable/antenna).

Component video has one wire for each of the three colored inputs for video. You still need audio (which is red and white). Composite is the sum of the three colors combined into one wire (usually colored yellow). The red and white are still for audio.

Hope this helps.

unfortunately $130 is probably as cheap as you'll find. The reason why composite is easy to convert to rf is because the video format is the same. Both are a 480p signal. And composite is even easier to convert to s-video because its the exact same signal with different wiring.

However component supports up to 1080p signals, while composite only 480p, so there has to be more intelligent circuitry involved.

Composite sends its signal as basically the amount of red green and blue, nothing more complicated than that. Component sends the brightness, then the amount of red and blue, but no green. So the device has to figure out how much green there is, and then change the signal around.

Ya this is a bit complicated of a response, but will help out all the guessing thats going on :-P