LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab Gatherings

Soooo... I am an ab, and live with my daddy, who is just a daddy, not a dl in the sense that he doesn't like to wear diapers.

We are in no way interested in going to any sort of gathering or convention, we've talked about it a few times. But i'm curious for those who have gone to a 'munch' or gathering, or a convention, or even just met up with another ab/dl couple.

did you find it weird or awkward or just plain silly staying in character the whole time? ANd for that matter, did you stay in character at all, or perhaps never even did that?

how is it hanging out with another ab/parent couple?

What about going to a convention where you probably dont know anyone? Do you stay in character all the time? or do you act like a grown up?

(I use the word character because i'm having a mind blank and can't think of another word to use, im trying to say you know in your age you like to 'play' in.. your role play age? i guess is that better? it works for the ab's but for the parents its not about age, but being a mommy or daddy.. but you get what i'm saying when i use that word right?)

Anyway, so i'm just curious how it feels to hang out with others in and out of 'character'?

for me and daddy, we are quite comfortable just playing once in a while and being adults the rest of the time. To me, and this is just completely me personally how i think i would feel so there is no offence meant in my statements they are purely based on my hypothetical feelings i would have if in tha tposition.

I imagine i would feel silly being dressed in my diaper and onesie and acting like a baby in front of other adults, when i was clearly not a baby and cleary quite capable of having a converastion that doesn't entail one syllable words. Also i think i would feel awkward being around other grown ups clearly capable of behaving and acting like adults, dressed like babies and acting like such.

anyway thats just how i imagine i would feel. I dont think i would feel some sort of release or acceptance.. maybe because i'm not looking for that as i've already got it, in myself. But i'm wondering what its like going to one of those gatherings.

I mean as an ab would it be out of the norm for me to act just like an adult, or would i be expected to act as a baby the whole time?

It seems at a lot of them there are events geared towards the whole age play thing, but not many just things to do to get to know people, like just a cooklout and beer and a bonfire ....

Sorry this is a bit of a disorganized post... was just curious about how these things work.

Also how is it for those of you who are an ab/parent couple and have another ab/paret couple as friends. is it always baby/parent play when u folks get together or do you do just normal things that don't involve diapers and other ageplay?

I have met a couple of AB/DL's in person and honestly at first it was kinda awkward. As time went on it became less awkward and pretty awesome talking to another person face to face about this part of me. I haven't been in character around others yet, just a stepping stone I suppose. Its like anything else that is uncomfortable at first then becomes common place in the end. I will say though I am very happy to have the pleasure of meeting other Ab/Dl's in real life. I cherish their friendship a little more because they know more about me than my average friends. It is also nice to be able to be myself and not hide that part of me. It isn't for personal acceptance as much as it is just hanging out with others with similar commonalities. I look at it like going to the River to go boating or going to the Sand Dunes to go riding and hanging out with those folks. Just a bunch of like minded people doing what they love.

~Brian

I can't say that I've been to a wide range, but I've gone to a couple of munches and one AB party.

Munches are usually held at restaurants and the rule is not to dress in a way that would freak out the muggles. The most babyish costume I've seen was a person wearing overalls, but with a sweater over the top so they looked like jeans to anyone who wasn't looking carefully. Nobody was particularly "in character" at all--we were just a bunch of folks talking. We probably spent more time talking about traffic and the menu and movies we'd seen and comparing our cellphones and such than we did talking about diapers (though we did talk about that, discreetly). The only overt clue to an outside observer that these were AB/DL gathernigs might have been the unusually small number of people who left the table to use the restroom. ;)

There were more costumed people at the party I went to, but not a huge number--probably less than a quarter of the people attending. And again, most of the time none of us were acting little. (There was an occasional moment, now and then... for instance, at one point my wife was chatting with another mommy who happened to be there, and the other mommy held a bib up against my chest and said something about me needing one of these because she expected I was probably a very messy boy, and I couldn't even speak for a minute from feeling so regressed. But mostly, I stayed adult, and the words in the conversations had just as many syllables as you'd find at any other gathering of adults.)

Your mileage may vary, but my experience has been that when AB's get together it's basically the same as when cat fanciers or photography buffs get together. You don't always talk about cats and photography!

You really should try attending an event, it's quite fun, and (I think) liberating.

Thanks for the quick replies, and i hope more people post as well. I think part of it is because whenever i hear about the conventions or camping trips for ab's all the activities and stuff seem centered around ageplaying... and so i hve the impression that nwhen at the gatherings it is abnormal for the 'baby' to be in adult mode... but thats what i've gotten from reading the website reviews about these activities that have occured.

Thanks a lot for writing to reply, please i would love to hear of more eperiences, from what bri ad enfant wrote i already am feeling that maybe what i've read is not infact the norm... would love to know more....

I've been to a couple of private parties and a fetish ball, but that's about it. The fetish ball was quite big and to be honest there were not many AB's there. Most of the people were in rubber or pvc clothing. I think I saw about two more AB's the whole night, and we didn't really stop and speak just sort of said "Hi" and that was it. I went dressed in my normal clothes and got changed there (didn't fancy the taxi ride in a dress and diaper, lol). I wouldn't say it felt uncomfortable, but it did feel a bit odd and a little like the odd one out because there were so few of us........I thought there would be more. People in general were also not that friendly. We didn't do any age play, so it was just dressing up.......that kind of felt weird going to the bar and buying a beer dressed like that.

The private parties were both in the house of an AB friend. They were much smaller and more friendly, probably about ten of us. I knew some of the people there and others I was meeting for the first time. Again, we turned up in adult clothes and had a chat and a coffee before getting changed. The age play wasn't uncomfortable, but some people are better at it than others........some people get into it more. It was also spoilt a bit by doing adult things like putting milk in the microwave etc.

So those three are the sum total of my experience, would I do them again? I doubt it, they were okay, but I can do without them I think.

I've also met a few AB's over the years in shops (AB shops are so rare in London, that you tend to meet the same people every time you go there) and also just for a drink in a bar etc. Obviously we were just wearing our everyday clothes on those occasions, but it was good to meet others and have a chat.

Beth

I have to go along with the above posts. I still remember my first DPF Party. We had a meet and great that night before the party and it was kept low key. I'm sure others were wearing diapers under their clothes as was I. Molicare were pretty new on the scene so alot of people took note of mine. The next day was the full blown Party. It was held in someones house so you changed when you got there. Mommy and I were met at the door by the host who was in full baby drag..Male in a little girls dress. Something weird to see for the first time, although not something new that I didn't know of from my earlier years at DPF. So anyway there were, boys dressed as girls, gays with gays, daddy's with baby girls, a mommy or two with their charges. Quite a few singles and because it was "non-denominational" a few DL's there as well. It was truly the melting pot of our scene just as it is here.

Some could get into the role faster than others but for the most part people just mingled and exchanged stories as adults. I never really gave a thought to seeing adults dressed as baby's but that may just be my mindset, a tad older and did have my "mommie" to fall back on. Our group (Ohio and the area) tended to meet about twice a year so it got to be the regulars and a few newbies now and then. I found that once a few got into the role, then the rest would straggle in from the changing room. Most of us just talked about outfits and such as there wasn't the availability as there is now.

Our parties were booze if ya brought it, so after a few drinks to loosen up (some choose another smokey route) it tended to loosen up and became a daycare center. For the most part I remember the DL's leaving really soon when they couldn't find a girl or couldn't connect with the AB's there. Not always but usually. For the most part people were in and out of role at a whim. But all in all nothing awkward that I remember. Alot of guys were interested in the First baby girl that attended but she had a daddie, so limits were respected. Later you can go out to play pool or go bowling or whatever..kinda like a wind down meeting. Can't really tell you how cool it is I guess you just gotta go. I just met a guy on here (Huggie) for the first time last week and I thought it went pretty good, things got a bit confusing on schedules but all in all Me and Mommy enjoyed the visit. IT was kept for the most part on a adult level, I didn't even pay attention that he's a DL. So I guess it's up to the people involved as to what goes on and happens. If they can be adults about it. :whistling:

I've been to a combination of different events, a few munches and a few parties, and quite honestly, it really depends on the individual group of people and the setting.

In an area where its largely in public, like the vast chunk of the munches, there's not too much to mark out the group as different from any other group of patrons that are in the establishment. In my experience, everyone usually comes in adult clothing, and you have your conversation just like any other group of adults. Diapers or AB interests might come up, but just as another topic of conversation. Like enfant said, the only real indication that anyone might be wearing diapers would be the lack of members of the party going to the bathroom, but no one, even a restaurant staff is going to notice that....I mean seriously, when was the last time you watched another group at a restaurant consistently enough to see how many party members when to the bathroom?

Parties depends completely on the mix of people who are at the party. I've been at a few that were largely DL groups where it was just like a normal party, but everyone was in diapers. I've been at one or two where most of us there were AB's or starting to get into the AB lifestyle. I've been at ones where there was a good mix. The first few times, watching others ageplay is definitely an awkward experience, until and unless you get over your own nerves.....its natural, we get nervous acting "odd" around other folks, especially if we don't know them too well. Most of the parties I've been at though have respected your limits. If you didnt want to ageplay, you didnt have to. If you just wanted to act like an adult and talk with other likeminded adults, you could. If you wanted to regress and ageplay, you could.

It all comes down to whether or not you think you would enjoy it. The first few times I went to a munch or party I was nervous as heck. However, it really is a good feeling to meet other people who are into the same things that you are in person and not just over the internet, IMHO.

I've hosted more than a few ageplay parties. At a local dungeon in northern california every 3 months or so ageplayers would get together. Everyone usually dressed up and they were a lot of fun. However because you didn't know a lot of people i felt really shy and usually didn't do much talking. I stayed more in hostess mood overall.... However the private ageplay parties i threw at my house were always much more fun because i know everyone invited. I guess now is the time to mention most of the ageplay parties i throw were not ever for ab's.... sure a lot of my friends ARE into that and had the option of wearing AB gear but not everyone did. So this was mainly for littles

I guess i also have a little bit of problem with the wording character.... Ageplay and roleplaying are certainly different viens. A lot of people who ageplay do not choose when to become little they just suddenly go into that space.... but people who roleplay are clearly aqacting out a part of a sexual interaction. ALL of my parties were ageplay events. And i think because a lot of adult kids were comfortable around the people they played with that it was easier and less pressure to act a certain way. everyone else was having fun (and felt safe) so they did too. I think a lso as time went on people did know each other a lot better. I do not invite anyone into my home or to my parties who i don't think are safe. So there's already a safety valve in place for people who came into my home. You know everyone there is good people otherwise they wouldn't be there.

I'm more interested these days, however in goign to an ageplay event i'm not hosting because then i'll get to actually be little. I find more and more that when i host i don't go little as often. which can be disappointing if you want to go little.

Well speaking of getting together and what not. For all of your West coast babies and dl's I invite you to join Heidilynn, Tami, and me with two others down in San Diego for a get together, parade and beach play! It should be a blast! If you don't want to be part of the parade no big deal, we do intend to tear up the town a bit though. :D

Ducky, I know your close by me, we could car pool. ;)

~Brian

Thanks for all the input!!! i guess i just have this image in my mind of a bunch of adults running around dressed up and acting as babies and not acting like adults at all, and me just sitting there, because i dont know these people and can't bring myself to play as a baby with other adults i barely even know.

its nice to hear that misconception, is just that, a misconception, the only time i've seen stuff from gatherings are the pictures people put up online, of there was that episode of real sex with the ab party... and to me just showing up at a place with people' i've only known online and being expected anc encouraged to act as a baby the whole time, just made me feel like why would i ever want to do something like that, because i know how uncomfortable i'd feel!

its nice to hear they are not lke that at all! Thanks again for the input!

The only time I've ever met others into abdl were times I'd played with some of the most creepy, disgusting daddies one could find. Curiousity got the best of me, and I wish it hadn't -- Neither experience was fun. Ugh. Unfortunately, both were my only real experience sharing with strangers.

If I were in the SD area, or able to travel, you KNOW I'd be there. I'm SO down for some parade action!

I've been to a few parties also and each one was a little different. I tended to know at least a couple of people really well at each of these parties which made it easier and more comfortable to relax.

I totally understand your hesitation sarah, but being diapered and acting infantile isn't necessarily a requirement at these events. I remember worrying that there would be people running around acting like idiots........as a bdsm submissive i'm pretty freaked out by "out of control" situatuons...i was afraid there would be the worst sorts of crazy people.....big burley hairy truckdriver type guys wetting and messing and crying like freaks......lol......actually some of em might of been a lil freakie.....but no one freaked me out. Everyone's always been warm and friendly and the experience has been pleasant.

One thing i've also found is that people are usually on the same page...if you aren't ready to let go and be in baby mode......the atmosphere prolly isn't right yet for anyone else........ab/dl's i've met so far have been friendly and have gone out of their way to make sure each other was comfortable and able to relax......my first party we arrived a day before and i was picked up at the airport by friends....when we got to the house and everyone met for the first time...i was so tired and had curled up on the couch my head in duckie's lap...my thumb in my mouth....i never thought anything of it....but another ab ... glennie commented about how easy that was for me........i guess i just saw everyone there for the same reasons i was and so figured it was the thing to do......everything was easy after that conversation....it was great to be among people who i could share my freakie little secret with.....

Even the bdsm couple i spent a lot of time with were a lil uncomfortable with me at first ....worried i think that i'd wet on their furniture or change my diaper in the middle of their livingroom floor.......lol.....but it's just fear of the unknown and after we got to know one another better.....i became their pet and we had bunches of fun going to the clubs, dressed as lil girls with Papa there to watch over us.....

Hia All:)

WOW Sarah_ab you got the message board going on this one. As for my two cents...

I am more DL then AB but my AB feelings seem to be getting stronger and to the point perhaps one day I would enjoy acting out a role play scenario. After reading these posts they all seem to be in line what I would think a munch or meeting with numerous AB/DL's would be like. Personally I have singularly met numerous AB/DL folks over the last few years and each one has been enjoyable. As Bri said it is cool cuz they know something that the average friend doesn't know about you. I personally feel that way and I think the trust factor draws you closer as well. Most of us fear to be outted and step cautiously. Yes I was fortunate enough to have met Repaid1 and his Mommy last week, it was FANTASTIC!!! We did keep it on the "adult level" but we disscussed DD and each of our lifestyle choice in general. There wasn't any overt babyish behavior at all "this time" hehehe :) I have a few AB friends and love to talk with them at a meeting place or on the telephone both as a bABy or an adult. (Jeffy don't get angry at me I'll be by one day) But to just sit padded in my diaper or in baby clothes, sucking a pacifier or doing whatever seems so cool. I do it everyday but sadly I yearn to do it in the presence of an understanding person besides my wife. All AB ppl I met were men and it is not a sexual thing. All meets were in public so we were on good behavior acting like big boys (except for Jeffy, I was out at his house and we just hung out). I would choose to be very discreet in public but I'd let my diaper sag if I was in the right crowd in the right environment without worry...hopefully one day I will find out.

Huggie :biker_h4h:

Repaid1 "you got mail"