LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Psyciatrists Have No Idea What To Do About Us...

So if we're set on the idea that we're all individual and different and unique, why do we insist upon asking what others feel and how they think, in some apparently vain attempt to understand ourselves? If anything, I think we can all agree that we're self-centered! I know I am, and not just because I'm an only child -- It's just built-in!

If we're all trying to find specific answers to our individual problems, why are we asking what the group thinks? Why are we not asking ourselves? Wouldn't the REAL answer lie within us?

And if you REALLY wanna know the truth, /yourself and ask Jesus. It only takes a second. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to respond to a couple of the points made above.

Pampers,

You seem to believe that everybody in the AB/DL community likes diapers for the same reasons as you, i.e. sexual stimulation/insecurity. The trouble with this theory is that it's tarring everyone with the same brush, it's suggesting that a large group of people that are located in different countries, and come from different backgrounds and lifestyles, are all emotionally the same. This in itself is a ridiculous statement. It's comparable to saying every person in the world who does yoga is insecure!

The fact is that we human beings in general need someway to relax or wind down, and this in itself is not a sign of insecurity. In fact, the few people out there who can't switch off or wind down are the people with a problem. I say the few people because the vast majority of us have a way to relax, for example: Playing golf, fishing, yoga, meditating, stamp collecting, reading, working out, running, going for a beer. This is just a small example of the various ways in which people relax, they do those things, we wear diapers (and maybe some of the others too, lol). Does this mean we have a screw loose? I believe it all comes down to perspective, so for example it may be odd for an adult to wear a diaper yes, but you could argue that it's odd for an adult to sit in a dark room in silence with some scented candles, or for an adult to sit in the rain for four hours to catch a fish that they then throw back in the water.......it's all a matter of perspective.

Tris,

Good point about the truth being within us, I agree. But the problem is you seem to think that all of us are taking part in this discussion to find an answer to what you call "our problem". Trust me, I spent over 20 years analysing why I like this and there is no one size fits all reason.......suffice it to say that we like it because we like it. In fact, I gave up asking the question about 10 years ago (I've liked it for 32 years) and just accepted it.

Having read the above posts I can see that some of you still see this as a problem, and for those people I hope you find peace within yourself someday. However I can also see that some of the people above are already at peace with this, enjoy it, and like me are just debating it because we like seeing what makes people tick.

Take care all

Beth

*points up* i'm with her... me... i never had a problem 'accepting this.' i found a website, and after a few days of finding myself on hte website, i just figured, hey i should give this a try. and i did. and i liked it. and that was it.

Pretty boring really. Never even had a problem buy diapies, i went to the local wal mart (in a small univ town of about 2500 people where lots of students iknew worked) at like 2 in the afternoon, bought some diapers, and a paci, and a bottle, all at the same time, and went back to my apartment. Again, no insecurities, no fear, no anxiety, the way i saw it, i was just trying something out to see if i'd like it. If i didn't i was only out like 20$.

I gotta say, Toddler Pampers really got me thinking about insecurity.

It's a tough thing to admit, but,.. I am insecure! But I've always thought of myself as confident as long as I'm not wearing diapers, or as long as I don't masturbate, (for example) etc.... Ya, I know, sounds weird, but don't judge yet,... there is a point to all of this:

What I realized is that for the years and years I have attempted to control the above behaviors mentioned, it was actually an attempt to feel more secure or confident about myself - that's what I was trying to get out of it! I tried to gain more confidence from religion - I acutally was neurotic about praying before attemting any task, because I wanted to perform the said task perfectly (or atleast extremely well). (Don't get the wrong idea about religion or faith, it's an important part of my life, it's just that in hind sight, I was unbalanced and incorrect).

I've always been a very high achiever - straight A's in high school, summa cum laude from college, etc... in sales a top peformer. All of these on the surface would indicate confidence - but at the heart of them, a very high level of insecurity.

Thank you to all for the thread.

Brian

sounds more like obsessive compulsive disorder than insecurity.. acute anxieties over situations... which in the majority of cases are not caused by insecurities in your self image... but than again, thts just one girls opinoin.

I've only been trying to make a couple of points. First, that adults who use diapers recreationally have issues. I know some, many even, will disagree. I will only say further it just seems to me to be such a bizarre involvement that it can't be put down to anything but having issues.

Having said that, point two is that everybody's got issues, so we who use diapers recreationally are no different from everybody else, even "normal" people. Where we get into trouble is being concerned with how using diapers recreationally is viewed by the outside world. As a practical matter, I will not hold my breath for being able to announce my preference without causing a ripple. But you know what, because I don't care what the outside world thinks of my passion for wearing diapers, I have one less thing to worry about (which is all you're going to do if you are concerned about how the outside world feels about infantilism).

Thumbs up to brianh, not because he "agrees" with me, but because he gave himself as an example of an insecure person who is nonetheless successful. I never said that we're all losers. I did say we all have a screw lose, which is, I admit, a not-so-nice way of saying we've got issues. But, as I say, everybody does, so it's not necessarily a big deal. We can make it a big deal if we commit ourselves to universal acceptance, which I believe is asking too much and not necessary for peace of mind in any case.

I've only been trying to make a couple of points. First, that adults who use diapers recreationally have issues. I know some, many even, will disagree. I will only say further it just seems to me to be such a bizarre involvement that it can't be put down to anything but having issues.

Having said that, point two is that everybody's got issues, so we who use diapers recreationally are no different from everybody else, even "normal" people. Where we get into trouble is being concerned with how using diapers recreationally is viewed by the outside world. As a practical matter, I will not hold my breath for being able to announce my preference without causing a ripple. But you know what, because I don't care what the outside world thinks of my passion for wearing diapers, I have one less thing to worry about (which is all you're going to do if you are concerned about how the outside world feels about infantilism).

Thumbs up to brianh, not because he "agrees" with me, but because he gave himself as an example of an insecure person who is nonetheless successful. I never said that we're all losers. I did say we all have a screw lose, which is, I admit, a not-so-nice way of saying we've got issues. But, as I say, everybody does, so it's not necessarily a big deal. We can make it a big deal if we commit ourselves to universal acceptance, which I believe is asking too much and not necessary for peace of mind in any case.

That is still blanket statements. For instance I have no issues with using diapers recreationally. So therefore that statement is wrong. I am not insecure and never even compare myself to others. Those who are prideful are insecure and those who are envious and compare themselves to others are insecure. I do neither. To you diapers are bizarre. Not to me. To me diapers are fun and it is my belief that if everyone tried them they would see that they are rather comfortable. I accept that other people do have a problem with diapers and are not going to try them or hate themselves for liking them, but it is no problem to me.

Two points. The first point is that the word "issues" is derogatory and negative and slang. The intent of the word seems to be defining us as crazy. But rather "issues" means in the lesser form that we have a problem with ourselves wearing diapers. I do not have any problems with diaper wearing. So the word "issues" does not apply to me, even though I wear diapers for fun. The second point is that you are defining the blanket issue as being insecurity, stating that we all are insecure. I wear diapers for comfort and relaxation and gratification not for insecurity. I don't have to wear diapers at all and could go my merry way without doing so. However logically I know that diapers are a healthy way to get relaxed and I wear them whenever the mood hits. Insecurity has nothing at all to do with diapers or my reasons for wearing them. There are people who are insecure about their diapers, but that is not true in all cases. You make good points to probably a majority of people here, but not to everyone.

SDB

I am going to have to comment on the "Lack Of Overachievers" in the ABDL community. I don't think that is a fair assessment of the situation. At age 24 I purchased my second house and at twenty five my portfolio succeeded 120k. I am part of the ABDL community and I feel I am successful. I don't think its fair to call into question the success of the ABDL community.

Success is measured in many different ways and not always in terms of the all mighty dollar. How about Daily Di's overwhelming success in building this very web site we are all part of? He is a cornerstone of the ABDL community and is a tremendous success within our own community.

~Brian

P.s. Oh and BTW, the only issues I have is being told by others that I have issues....

• 3 weeks later...

One of my friends that know about my lifestyle talked to his Psycholigist about infantism. He said that his pyscholigist thought of it as a harmless fetish. I think that most pyscholigist just group all ab/dl things together and think of it as just some fetish