LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

May Tell My Parents

I have been considering telling my parents that i'm a DL, and I want some opinions on something I wrote for them. hopefully, this ca help anyone who wants to do the same.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I want to tell you that I like diapers. I believed I was one of maybe a dozen people who felt this way, but I ended up finding out that there are thousands of others like me. I am sure this is a big surprise to you, but I have felt this way for as long as I can remember. Also, I finally got the courage to by some. To show you how serious I am, I will tell you where they are. In the cubby area that has only one entrance behind the curtain, there is a suitcase. The unlocking combinations are ***-***. I got them walking home from school on June 2nd, 2008. I have copied some information from http://wkld.diaperchat.com/index.html. Go there after you read below. If you decide to allow me to wear them, then you can ask me any question about them. If you don’t then the topic will be dropped. I will not answer ANY questions regarding this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the only reactions a parent can have really.

No way. I will not allow it. I better not see it. You are "sick". Just threaten.

Pros- Your child will really feel the need to lose this desire

Cons- Sadly the urge is too strong. He will be racked with guilt and shame for not being able to comply with your wishes. Your strong words will only reinforce his worries. More than likely he will still get diapers and try to hide them. You will continue to find them. The cycle is brutal. He will start lying which further reduces self-esteem. Extremely vulnerable to real problems. The ways of getting diapers are scary. He may shoplift, look in dumpsters and risk meeting someone. Suicide very possible when other problems outside diapers combine into a child losing hope.

OK I see it but I will pretend I don't. I don't want to embarrass him. This is his private matter.

Pros-You have not caused damage. He will find out he is not alone by surfing the internet. Many good people can give good advice.

Cons-He may want to lose this desire and be too ashamed to ask for help. Shame and guilt still present. May be afraid of disappointing you. May also acquire diapers unsafely as listed above. Reluctant to talk should real problems occur because in his mind you know nothing of his secret behavior.

Get professional help. He needs to lose this desire.

This has potential to be the best possible solution. It can also backfire. The Pros and Cons depend on what "you the parent" are seeking. (I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT want this.)

Pros- If you are going to help him come to term with his feelings both of you will be better educated. Shame and guilt reduced. The safest way to communicate. You will have peace of mind you are doing your best as a parent. This is the only way to give diapers up once a kid is in puberty.

Cons-If you go with the mentality he is "sick" and must be "cured" you will likely be disappointed. Even with medication and extensive therapy most young infanmtilists will hang onto their feelings. If you pressure by saying you are wasting my money and you are not trying, you risk all the bad things that accompany having no tolerance for this behavior. Chances are your professional is not very familiar with infantilism.

I will talk to him and buy him diapers if that is what he needs.

Pros-By you seeing it as no big deal he won't feel so different. You will have open communication. This can be very important should a real problem arise later. He will have hope that he can have a normal life as an adult. You will know if he wants to lose this desire. He will be getting diapers safely.

Cons-By accepting this behavior a teen may try in indulge too much in this behavior to the point that it does have the potential to interfere with grades and social life.

This survey studied a number of key points of diaper lover habits. I have simplified it so it is easier to understand. The percent after each explains how many people were like/did that.

This information is taken directly from: http://wkld.diaperchat.com/makingsense.html

NW (No Way)- Kids whose parents decided that wearing diapers was completely unacceptable.

NS (No See)- Kids whose parents either ignored or did not notice their desire for diapers.

PR (Professional)- Kids whose parents got them professional help.

LE (Let)- Kids whose parents allowed them to wear diapers.

508 kids were NWs.

223 kids were NSs.

60 kids were PRs.

179 were LEs.

Getting Diapers

What percent took diapers from babies?

NW-21%

NS-23%

PR-22%

LE-14%

What percent got diapers through shoplifting, rummaging through trash, or by meeting someone?

NW-19%

NS-15%

PR-19%

LE-12%

Grades

What percent had grades decline?

NW-6%

NS-6%

PR-5%

LE-4%

What percent had grades improve?

NW-27%

NS-17%

PR-33%

LE-34%

Vices

What percent participated in destructive behavior (Smoking, Drugs, etc)?

NW-11%

NS-14%

PR-8%

LE-4%

Talking about Vices

What percent talked to their parents about destructive behavior?

NW-6%

NS-3%

PR-8%

LE-31%

What percent can’t confide in anyone?

NW-53%

NS-66%

PR-61%

LE-33%

Talking about Diapers

What percent were willing to talk to their parents about diapers?

NW-8%

NS-4%

PR-11%

LE-36%

What percent didn’t tell anyone except online friends?

NW-66%

NS-79%

PR-63%

LE-32%

Social Life

What percent became withdrawn from peers?

NW-20%

NS-22%

PR-22%

LE-17%

What percent began getting more involved in sports, friends, and such?

NW-12%

NS-10%

PR-15%

LE-22%

Sexual Orientation

What percent were confused about their orientation due to diapers?

NW-14%

NS-17%

PR-6%

LE-8%

What percent were strait and liked diapers?

NW-56%

NS-54%

PR-50%

LE-54%

What percent were gay?

NW-5%

NS-5%

PR-15%

LE-5%

What percent were bi-sexual?

NW-5%

NS-5%

PR-11%

LE-5%

Depression

What percent sometimes became depressed?

NW-38%

NS-42%

PR-39%

LE-27%

Future

What percent of adults are happy with their lives?

(Note: The site didn’t clearly mention these results, so I put what I believe it said.)

NW-94%

NS-90%

PR-90%

LE-98%

Also, the LEs had a greater chance of marriage according to the site.

As you can see, this is actually a good thing. The LE all had the best scores on the survey, showing that they are less weak toward peer pressure, are more open with their parents, are less depressed, get better grades, are more social, and they still have happy, successful lives! Also, this DOES NOT make someone gay, a pedophile, a cross dresser, or anything of that nature. I hope that if you were against me wearing diapers this has changed your mind, and if you were OK with it (which a surprising amount of parents are) this has reinforced that side. I know you both are worried about me socially, grade wise, and health wise. I have felt oddly unhappy over the years, and I always caught looking at diaper packages, wishing I could wear them. I now know why. I now know that I like diapers and, as many who share the feeling are called on the internet, am a DL, or diaper lover. Also, if you don’t think there are that many people like this, go to http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?act=idx, it has about 8,000 members!

Well you are 18, at least thats what your profile says; at that age it isn't your parents business what you do in your spare time. They might understand, but can you live with the consequences if they don't understand? I always look at decisions like that this way, if I can live with the worst possible outcome then I will go for it. However if I can't deal with the worst then I pass on that decision. That way I am prepared for the worst so if something good happens then that is great. :)

~Brian

I don't think there's any need to feel guilty about hiding this from your parents--unless you're snitching their money to buy diapers, or it's causing you to suddenly withdraw from your family's activities or neglect responsibilities at home, this part of your life does not affect them at all. If they find out and get manipulative and guilt-trippy on you, say "this is my private business, it does not affect you," and repeat it like a broken record.

I'd be careful about using stats, especially from an informal and obviously biased study like this one. If it's facts and science your parents want, they'll want to hear from detached professionals, not other AB/DLs who are out to "prove" parents should permit DL activity under their roof. Correlation does not mean causation--most of those points suggest there are other variables at work besides parents' reactions. For example, who's to say parents weren't more permissive toward children who had already exhibited prudence and responsibility on other grounds such as drugs, crime and schoolwork?

If you decide to tell your parents, I wouldn't even put the idea of forbiddance in their heads...

Aside from the fact that the statistics are a bit "in your face"ish, basically saying disapproval would make them bad parents, i think, if you're THAT despirate that your parents know, the rest is pretty good. I think you should get less formal, more personal. They're your parents. Explain why you even like diapers, not just how it'll help you succeed.

-Sophie

I'm sorry to tell you that I have difficulty believing you when you say your reason for telling your parents is it's hard to hide your diapers. If you have to practically draw them a road map to find you're stash it must be working just fine. Briguy was really on the mark when he said to consider the worst that can happen. If you tell them it forces the decision on them to accept or not. If you tell them and it blows up in your face are you likely to be any happier than you are now. Maybe if you don't tell them, you wont have to be unhappy hiding it from them any more. Maybe you'll come to realize your hiding it for them and not from them. At least then you made the choice instead of forcing it on them and you can feel good about that.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hugs,

Freta

I have to agree with Freta and BriGuy. Although you still live in your parents place, and I know its difficult to engage in wearing your diapers when you want, for the sake of your peace of mind, you're probably better off not telling your folks about it. Whatever way you approach it, it will almost certainly induce a strain in your household that your parents will not thank you for introducing.

That said, if you are dead set on telling your parents, be a man and tell them in person! Telling someone something potentially devastating to another (i.e. breaking up, coming out, talking about fetishes etc.) in a letter is the height of cowardice, in my opinion. Its an easy way out that doesnt allow for an easy response on the part of the recipient. Also refusing to field any questions doesnt show a good level of rationality about your position, and shows that you are unwilling to take any opposition to your desires. Overall, especially with the statistics you included, the letter has a very "in your face, ha, I was doing this under your nose and you couldnt stop me" sense to it. If you need to talk to them about this, TALK to them! Explain why you feel the way you do. Field any questions they have. If they see you are being a reasonable adult about it, they may be more willing to allow you to engage in wearing.

Eh, telling your parents? Why on earth would you want to do that? Really, it is as absurd as your parents writing you a confessional letter explaining their sexual proclivities. Would you really want to know that? Why should it be different for you? It`s a private matter, share it with a potential girlfriend or a trusted friend, if you see sense, your parents really don`t need to be told about your wanking habits, do they? But hey, don`t let me stop you, each to their own. Cheers! :beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Telling your parents you like diapers is not much different from telling them your sexual habits, orientation, etc... they simply

don't really need to know any of that, especially if you're 18!

Depending on the parents this sort of thing can end very badly. I would avoid doing it at all costs unless I was 110%

sure my parents wouldn't care, but I doubt that's the case for most people.

I am not normally one for clichees, but "begging for forgiveness" is WAY better than asking for permission in

this case. Further, if they "catch" you, and they're responding badly, you can make up any myriad of excuses if

you need to... whereas, if you just come out and say "I wear diapers because I like to wear them" you've just closed that

escape hatch.

There are some things parents don't really need to know, and frankly being an AB/DL is one of them, even if it is pretty

harmless overall.

I can see both sides here. I mean, my parents found out accidentally (my mom putting things away in my closet...), and that was certainly not the optimal situation. much better to make a disclosure like that on your own terms, presenting some information and data that might head off some snap judgments and uniformed conclusions.

on the other hand, as you will, i'm sure, discover for yourself over the next few years, one element of maturing is asserting that part of yourself that is separate from your folks, no matter how good and close your relationship with them is and remains. as a parent myself now, i appreciate what going on, from the parent's perspective, with "teenage rebellion" and the like. kids grow apart from their parents in ways that are positive, in the sense of reinforcing your personality and individualism, are really essential steps in psychological development. personally, i feel that my interest in diapers is part of an aspect of my personality that need not be shared with my parents (I don't discuss the details of my physical relationship with my wife with them, either -- beyond "you're going to have a grand-daughter" ;)).

my advice is just to be care ful in your storage, so that you don't end up having your secret revealed on the wrong terms, but just make sure you are comfortable with your decision before discussing it with them. i don't mean to say that you haven't thought about this, just that there is some good advice here (other peoples' anyway, mine not so much ;)), so it's worth taking some of those thoughts and suggestions into account.

whatever you decide, hope it works out well for you.