LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

3 References On Family Guy In 2 Weeks

so far in 2 weeks quagmire has answered his door dressed as a baby in the middle of sex, peter has tried using diapers for convienence, and hes tried on one of stewies onesies. one of the writers has it bad! :P

Yea, same with 'American Dad'. You know something's got to be up with someone involved in their making (I think they're made by the same people, but I could be wrong.).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Seth ugh...whatever his name is, the creator, has huge mommy issues. Every Griffin male is in love with Lois! And Stan in American Dad disposed of his mother's boyfriends. That mommy-love is so strong, I wouldn't be surprised if some ABDL fantasies followed suit.

Seth MacFarlane. Yes, he writes both shows, and i have noticed the ABDL references too. They make me uncomfortable though because whenever those things happen on TV and i am around people, i always feel they're looking at me. Paranoia, i know, but it's a possiblility that other people in my household know and they're keeping quiet.

-Sophie

Seth MacFarlane. Yes, he writes both shows, and i have noticed the ABDL references too. They make me uncomfortable though because whenever those things happen on TV and i am around people, i always feel they're looking at me. Paranoia, i know, but it's a possiblility that other people in my household know and they're keeping quiet.

-Sophie

I get the same feeling, but that's because my "Mommie" is lying next to me watching too! I remember when I came home from the Marines/Job to my first Wife/Mommie we were setting on the couch and I flicked threw the channels and Montel was just coming on..When he said the show was about adult babys..her Jaw dropped and she stared at me for a second. She never thought it would hit a TV show or anything public. Course that was back before the internet and the Newsletter from DPF was her only source for information. I wonder how many people she has told about me now!?

The reason family guy and American Dad have ab themes in them is because Seth (creater of family guy and american dad), was on love line. Love line is a radio show about fetishes, sex, relationships, drugs, etc. Dr. Drew told Seth everything about fetishes (most of it from my point of view inacurate and exagerated) I thinks of abs as people who wine and poop and run to their mommys begging for a change and then wanting to have sex in diapers. Although he does clarefy the truth that we're not petophiles. You can ketch his loveline on your local alternative rock station. I know he is on at 10-11pm Seattle 107.7 the end. and Spokane 105.7 the peek. Dr. Drew also has a show on E tv called Celeberty rehab.

Actually, I've always wanted to talk about this, and you guys are fun and this is a great site, so why the hell not.

I stopped reading a while ago. My intellect has atrophied terribly, I am aware of this and am slowly allowing books back into my life (but only during commercial breaks). Just so you know, I am a half-serious, self-declared Freudian psychoanalyst (one of the main reasons topguy loves me so much). And since I have been ingesting a lot of television, I naturally took an inaccurate stab at psychoanalyzing my favorite shows.

Family Guy is a seething mound of crazy. I love it's rapid pacing, it's i'll-refer-to-whatever-the-hell-i-want-whenever-the-hell-i-want comedy stylings, and just the irreverent way it giddily smashed viewers' expectations. It was vulgar yet touched with whimsy. It's sarcasm belied sensitivity. It has generally been written well enough that I can stand the rampant misogyny. It's the The Simpsons for Generation Y.

But this show is borne from the psyche of the slighted son. It's drama is centered around an Oedipus complex involving Lois, Peter, Stewie, Brian and Chris. (Meg just...hovers.) Lois is trampled upon, beaten, and humiliated by Peter. She is likewise obsessed over and adored by Brian. She is loved in different ways by Chris (who sports a latent fancy) and Stewie, who, when not hating his Mother, loves her passionately. All the people who nurse affection for Lois (however twisted) can't have her. The only man who can degrades her. Brian, being outside the bloodline, stands a slim chance of getting with Lois, but his affections are for the most part unrequited.

There is also a hatred toward the father figure by casting him as a simpleton. Not only does this underscore how lowly the father is, but it underlines how undeserving he is of his wife.

American Dad is not as harsh and offensive as Family Guy. In fact it is more sensitive in many ways, although there is not enough underlying pathos to make the writing truly inspired. The characters are more in flux than the Griffin family, whose roles and dynamic were hammered out and elaborated upon by the second season. For instance son Steve is sometimes girl-obsessed, other times nonchalant about women.

Stan is a more enlightened version of Peter. He is still mentally deficient like Peter, but instead of being outright stupid he's a narrow-minded conservative. And much of the show is dedicated to Steve exploring his moral and philosophical principles, which ends up for the better. However, he too is estranged from his wife, Francine, by the fact that he is so sensitive to her rejection that any seemingly harmless thing Francine does propels Stan to seek solace (and revenge) in the arms of another woman, a sorority sister, a gay man, a dog, etc.

Different writers and voice actors can probably be attributed to this more sensitive version of father and more healthy family dynamic. One senses that Seth MacFarlane and Seth Green's neuroses about women and family feed off of one another on Family Guy. Whereas MacFarlane's darker visions can be kept in check on American Dad. Note that Steve does not pine for Francine.

One particularly illuminating episode of Family Guy involves Chris maintaining a healthy relationship with his new girlfriend. He is advised by Peter to treat her shit, that way she'll stick around. But she doesn't. However, this does indicate that Peter treats Lois like shit in order to keep her with him, and stay she does. Beneath all of Family Guy's humor is the simple tragedy of a son watching his mother endure and love a man who is so clearly beneath her.

For the most part I think the writers and creator are more into BDSM than they are ABDL. All the BDSM jokes are more relevant to the plot line. In fact there is one episode where Stewie realizes he gets a thrill out of Lois beating him. The adult baby jokes are more the "ah ha, caught you" sort of gags. Still, I'm sure they are funny for a reason.

Geez, I am such a nerd!

• 4 years later...