LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Thank God

Hi all,

not that many know me in this particular forum, as I don't post that much. I started peeing the bed during the last couple of years and had to start wearing diapers every night. Then for the last 8, 9, (or 10) months (I'm not sure because I don't mark these things down on the calender) I've been having daytime accidents.

My doctor at the V.A. told me that it could be from the diabetes I came down with and just kind of shrugged it off. But it's gotten worse as time has gone by, with more and more accidents happening I've been wearing 24/7 (which is expensive).

A year and a half ago I had an injury to my back, I had an MRI and they told me that I had 2 protruding discs sticking out to the spinal cord, and offered to operate on them. Well my back got better over the next month or so, but I was going to get the operation and have it fixed, but then they told me that the surgery could make it worse though, so I opted to skip the operation for that time. And would see if things got better.

Well I made it okay until about 2 months ago, when my back went out big time (just because I bent over), the V.A., being their normal speedy selves couldn't get me in until June. Here I am having to use a walker at the age of 48, and they're telling me I'll be in this pain and lame as Mr Bush until June at the earliest.

Well I found out that because they were'nt able to get me in in a timely manner that I could see a surgeon outside their system, and BAM I found out that the vertibrae are sitting on a tangle of nerves, and that's why I'm in such pain, and the protruding discs and problems with the nerves that is the probable cause of the incontinence.

And they said that they could operate on me next Thursday, 5/8. I also found out I have arthritis in my back, spurs on the vertibrae, and stenosis (narrowing of the vertibrae). Still it was like THANK GOD!! I've found a doctor who knows what the hell is going on.

I'll still have problems with my back for awhile, and the incontinence might not go away right away, but it can improve over time, (at least he thinks so). It's gotten to the point that I'm not feeling even the urge to go before I'm going, and having to use a walker to get around sucks, but the strength in my right leg has just gone, but with surgery I'll have that strength back pretty soon. It's about 4 to 6 weeks to recouperate.

I'm really looking forward to having this over and done with, it's really sucked the big one.

Peace,

Vic :D

Vic...

it sounds like you've seen some very tough times...and can only imagine the pain and frustration you've felt....thank goodness it sounds like you are finally on the road to getting the medical attention you need.........best wishes on your surgery and for a speedy recovery.......

jennie

Thank you all for your thoughts and support. When I was in the army they told me "go airborne", you know, John Wayne and all that. What they don't mention to you is that later in life you pay for it in your back or knees.

Oh well I shoulda known better than to jump out of a perfectly good aircraft loaded down with full combat gear. So much for HOOOAAHH!

Thank you all for the support, I'm hoping to be on the mend soon!

Peace,

Vic

Hi all,

not that many know me in this particular forum, as I don't post that much. I started peeing the bed during the last couple of years and had to start wearing diapers every night. Then for the last 8, 9, (or 10) months (I'm not sure because I don't mark these things down on the calender) I've been having daytime accidents.

My doctor at the V.A. told me that it could be from the diabetes I came down with and just kind of shrugged it off. But it's gotten worse as time has gone by, with more and more accidents happening I've been wearing 24/7 (which is expensive).

A year and a half ago I had an injury to my back, I had an MRI and they told me that I had 2 protruding discs sticking out to the spinal cord, and offered to operate on them. Well my back got better over the next month or so, but I was going to get the operation and have it fixed, but then they told me that the surgery could make it worse though, so I opted to skip the operation for that time. And would see if things got better.

Well I made it okay until about 2 months ago, when my back went out big time (just because I bent over), the V.A., being their normal speedy selves couldn't get me in until June. Here I am having to use a walker at the age of 48, and they're telling me I'll be in this pain and lame as Mr Bush until June at the earliest.

Well I found out that because they were'nt able to get me in in a timely manner that I could see a surgeon outside their system, and BAM I found out that the vertibrae are sitting on a tangle of nerves, and that's why I'm in such pain, and the protruding discs and problems with the nerves that is the probable cause of the incontinence.

And they said that they could operate on me next Thursday, 5/8. I also found out I have arthritis in my back, spurs on the vertibrae, and stenosis (narrowing of the vertibrae). Still it was like THANK GOD!! I've found a doctor who knows what the hell is going on.

I'll still have problems with my back for awhile, and the incontinence might not go away right away, but it can improve over time, (at least he thinks so). It's gotten to the point that I'm not feeling even the urge to go before I'm going, and having to use a walker to get around sucks, but the strength in my right leg has just gone, but with surgery I'll have that strength back pretty soon. It's about 4 to 6 weeks to recouperate.

I'm really looking forward to having this over and done with, it's really sucked the big one.

Peace,

Vic :D

HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON.

:D

Tomorrow is the big day, in fact this time tomorrow I'll officially be on the mend, and that's good news.

I'll be coming home on Friday, just a little overnighter. I'll be glad once this is finally done.

Peace,

Vic

:)

Well I'm home now, I left the hospital Friday night. The operation took four hours, I'm just glad it's over. They went in on the right side and did L2 & L3, then went in on the left side and did L4 & L5. It took a little longer than they thought it would.

I've been in bed most of the time since the surgery, but am now sitting more, even though it's still a little painful. They say that the incontinence may go away in a few months, and the same with the pain, so I'm hopeful.

Thank you all for your thoughts and support, it has meant a lot to me.

Peace,

Vic

:)

Well I'm home now, I left the hospital Friday night. The operation took four hours, I'm just glad it's over. They went in on the right side and did L2 & L3, then went in on the left side and did L4 & L5. It took a little longer than they thought it would.

I've been in bed most of the time since the surgery, but am now sitting more, even though it's still a little painful. They say that the incontinence may go away in a few months, and the same with the pain, so I'm hopeful.

Thank you all for your thoughts and support, it has meant a lot to me.

Peace,

Vic

Glad everything went alright for you and good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's been almost a month since the surgery. I've been walking without the walker for the last 9 days, and am getting the feeling back in my calves and feet.

My right thigh is still numb, but I'm starting to feel the urge to pee, but when I get the feeling I'm peeing before I can get to the toilet. Thankfully the V.A. has started supplying my diapers, and the doctor says that it's all a good sign, and I'll probably gain control again within the next few months, it just depends on how fast the nerves heal up.

Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed wearing diapers, but it was when I CHOSE to, big difference to peeing your pants because you couldn't get changed in time.

I like having control in my life, not that I believe in being controlling, it's just that as a man I've always enjoyed being able to choose a course of action. Left over John Wayne attitude from when I was a paratrooper I guess.

Anyway, I'm mending, I don't know when I'll get the feeling back in my thigh, or when I'll be able to go back to wearing diapers when I choose to, but I'm looking forward to it. I've got terrible diaper rash from wearing all the time, I guess I'm not as good at cleaning up as I should be.

Thank you for your support.

Peace,

Vic

Guest Nohg

Well it's been almost a month since the surgery. I've been walking without the walker for the last 9 days, and am getting the feeling back in my calves and feet.

My right thigh is still numb, but I'm starting to feel the urge to pee, but when I get the feeling I'm peeing before I can get to the toilet. Thankfully the V.A. has started supplying my diapers, and the doctor says that it's all a good sign, and I'll probably gain control again within the next few months, it just depends on how fast the nerves heal up.

Don't get me wrong, I've always enjoyed wearing diapers, but it was when I CHOSE to, big difference to peeing your pants because you couldn't get changed in time.

I like having control in my life, not that I believe in being controlling, it's just that as a man I've always enjoyed being able to choose a course of action. Left over John Wayne attitude from when I was a paratrooper I guess.

Anyway, I'm mending, I don't know when I'll get the feeling back in my thigh, or when I'll be able to go back to wearing diapers when I choose to, but I'm looking forward to it. I've got terrible diaper rash from wearing all the time, I guess I'm not as good at cleaning up as I should be.

Thank you for your support.

Peace,

Vic

Continue your speedy recovery, and thanks for your service.