LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dry 24/7

If there was already a post about these, sorry I missed it. I heard about these new diapers on the adisc.org forum, and although the site - www.dry247.com - makes them look fairly meh, they're really fantastic when you get to see them in person.

I ordered a sample to test them out, and I was kind of amazed when the package arrived. The sample was just two diapers, but the envelope was huge, and decently heavy. Holding these up right next to an Abena X-Plus, they seem to be slightly thicker, although the padding is definitely less compressed. The real magic starts when you put one on. The padding is *soft*. I compared it by feel with all of the diapers in my collection, and I found that I preferred this over 7-8 other types that I had. It's not just the inner texture, but the overall consistency of the padding has some cushiony give to it. Very very pleasant. The plastic is very soft too, but that's a bit of a liability, because it means it can rip easier. The tapes are designed like Abenas, where you have one tape stuck to another, but the second set is weaker than the first, and is only really suitable for disposal. Once you've set the tapes, they are not coming off without ripping the plastic.

As for absorbency, the review on Adisc put it above Abenas, and I'm inclined to agree. They positively balloon around you as you use them, and the fit is snug enough where it would be hard to make them leak without going to pretty extreme measures. They feel like they have a couple of booster pads built in.

Other notes:

Extremely quiet for being plastic-backed - almost unnoticeable under clothing.

Mediums are blue, and I believe larges are purple.

Two-tape design.

They have waistbands in the front as well as the back, and they *work*. The diaper stays snug, but not suffocating, and it doesn't itch at all.

The fit, as I said before, is snug. I think these things aren't as long as usual medium sized diapers. Whereas Abenas come up past my belly button, these only meet it, sometimes staying underneath. For taller people, this might be a concern...*shrugs*

One last thing: They say they'll refund the $5 cost of samples after your first order, but I haven't seen my refund yet. I haven't tried very hard to get it, but I don't exactly know what the process is. Nonetheless, my first case is supposed to arrive on Monday, and if it does, I won't really mind missing the $5...I have a new favorite. One thing to know - they send in "unmarked boxes/envelopes" but their return label says "Dry Care LLC." Most people probably wouldn't care, but if you have people picking up your packages for you, beware...

If you can stand the blue, check it out, folks.

*Edit - They did refund me the $5, it just took a couple of days, apparently.

Waiting to check these out, hopefully the smaller size will be out soon. I don't understand why they just don't give a $5 discount on the first order instead of refunding it. Seems a little odd.

I just came across an add on the internet for these diapers and thought they sounded pretty great. I came to DD to see if they had been reviewed, and they hadn't. I gathered they must be pretty awful if no one is using them or they must be a new product. By the sounds of your comments I guess they are new. I might give them a try, I just need to figure out if they ship to Canada.

Got the 24/7 samples, Here is my take on them. On the plus side they are absolutely noiseless and they have good leak guards plus a good amount of absorbency. They are comfortable except for one thing that I will go into next. They have good tapes. Fit is good and Good plastic backing. On the negative side is they are rather snug fitting, I am a 39 waist and the mediums just do fit. I also ordered large so I will give them a try next. One thing I don't like about them is they tend to form a wad of filler material right were you sit on them and it is somewhat uncomfortable. Over all I would give them a 7 out of 10 score.

If there was already a post about these, sorry I missed it. I heard about these new diapers on the adisc.org forum, and although the site - www.dry247.com - makes them look fairly meh, they're really fantastic when you get to see them in person.

I ordered a sample to test them out, and I was kind of amazed when the package arrived. The sample was just two diapers, but the envelope was huge, and decently heavy. Holding these up right next to an Abena X-Plus, they seem to be slightly thicker, although the padding is definitely less compressed. The real magic starts when you put one on. The padding is *soft*. I compared it by feel with all of the diapers in my collection, and I found that I preferred this over 7-8 other types that I had. It's not just the inner texture, but the overall consistency of the padding has some cushiony give to it. Very very pleasant. The plastic is very soft too, but that's a bit of a liability, because it means it can rip easier. The tapes are designed like Abenas, where you have one tape stuck to another, but the second set is weaker than the first, and is only really suitable for disposal. Once you've set the tapes, they are not coming off without ripping the plastic.

As for absorbency, the review on Adisc put it above Abenas, and I'm inclined to agree. They positively balloon around you as you use them, and the fit is snug enough where it would be hard to make them leak without going to pretty extreme measures. They feel like they have a couple of booster pads built in.

Other notes:

Extremely quiet for being plastic-backed - almost unnoticeable under clothing.

Mediums are blue, and I believe larges are purple.

Two-tape design.

They have waistbands in the front as well as the back, and they *work*. The diaper stays snug, but not suffocating, and it doesn't itch at all.

The fit, as I said before, is snug. I think these things aren't as long as usual medium sized diapers. Whereas Abenas come up past my belly button, these only meet it, sometimes staying underneath. For taller people, this might be a concern...*shrugs*

One last thing: They say they'll refund the $5 cost of samples after your first order, but I haven't seen my refund yet. I haven't tried very hard to get it, but I don't exactly know what the process is. Nonetheless, my first case is supposed to arrive on Monday, and if it does, I won't really mind missing the $5...I have a new favorite. One thing to know - they send in "unmarked boxes/envelopes" but their return label says "Dry Care LLC." Most people probably wouldn't care, but if you have people picking up your packages for you, beware...

If you can stand the blue, check it out, folks.

*Edit - They did refund me the $5, it just took a couple of days, apparently.

One funny quirk about these I noticed recently - As compared to Abena, Tena, and most other brands I've tried, the Dry 24/7's put the bulk of their padding in the middle, and in the back of the diaper. With Abena X-Pluses, I find that I have to aim at the front if I even want to use half of the thing. With these, the front absorbs some, but the majority of the super-absorbent polymer is evenly spread underneath and behind you. I imagine this means that they are particularly good for overnight use. I've always wondered why Abenas put so much in the front...

I tried one today. I'm still thinking about my opinion.. They are different than my usual Depend with a "Diaper Doubler ". I have to experiment with putting them on. The two tape system and lower rise need some getting used to. :D

Anondl

True, but sleeping on your stomach is generally considered unhealthy anyway.

So is about a hundred other things that we do every day. ;) That it is somewhat unhealthy isn't an excuse for diaper manufacturers to not take into account those of us who sleep on our stomachs.

Another reason for the padding up front is for guys who prefer their penis to point up. Most of the urine may ultimately end up down in the crotch, but I've worn some diapers that were too easy to soak the upper front...

I just noticed something on their site

Coming Soon: "Fresh 24/7" Adult Wipes, Premium, Thick, XL, Hypoallergenic

I'm not sure if that is all describing the wipes, or if its other products theyre coming out with. I'm thinking its other products because i'm not sure why you'd advertise a wipe as being thick. But if its other products, does this mean theyre going to come out with a thicker diaper than what they've already got :o

*edit*

upon browsing their site a little more, it looks like they are advertising new wipes, not several products.

Ok, well I dont think I'll be ordering from them again.

I ordered a sample on Sunday night, I just got an automated email from paypal saying they just now printed off the mailing label. Took them 5 days to get it printed, and it hasnt even shipped yet...

I received my samples rather quickly. Less than a week actually, and that's to the midwest. I was curious as to how much they were like mega careline since they looked almost identical. I compared the two, the only differences in the larges was the tint of purple in the plastic and the blue strip in the center. I have not seen how they absorb yet, but mega careline absorbs pretty well. I agree that they should put more "pulp" up front then they would give abena a run for their money. They do stay taped, fit great, and are comfortable. I wore one all night and the tapes didn't pop off and the plastic didn't tear. Thats more than I can say for the last abena x-plus (tapes pop off) and the last molicare super (back plastic tore) that I wore all night. They do seem overall like a promising good diaper. At $100 for 72 that comes out to be about $1.38/diaper. Well, thats my two cents worth. Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried some of these a month back... very absorbant! They do swell a ton when wet though... so a soaked one is hard to hide under clothing. I haven't ordered anymore yet... I think I will stick with my Secures.

I saw elsewhere (courtesy of Darkfinn) that they're now dropping the price on these for a "limited overstock sale". $75 for a case instead of $100, still with free shipping. I doubt I'd have bought another case for $100, but at the new price, might be worth considering for some folks. Limited time only, they say. Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble...

I had the same thing happen to me on the second one I wore. The thing I found is that because the S/M tend to be a bit smaller than a normal Medium sized diaper, I had to tape it on a little less tightly. Fortunately, the front/back elastic (especially the front, if you're strategic about where you place the top tapes) really helps in this regard. It doesn't have to be so tight to keep everything in. I also found it was more important than usual to have the bottom tabs facing upward at an angle.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble...

I had the same thing happen to me on the second one I wore. The thing I found is that because the S/M tend to be a bit smaller than a normal Medium sized diaper, I had to tape it on a little less tightly. Fortunately, the front/back elastic (especially the front, if you're strategic about where you place the top tapes) really helps in this regard. It doesn't have to be so tight to keep everything in. I also found it was more important than usual to have the bottom tabs facing upward at an angle.

Sounds like a lotta work, I'll just stick with my bambinos. Their tapes hold like welds.

~Brian