LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For most infants, 12 to 14 hours a day of sleep is the recommended norm. Ahhh. "To sleep, to dream... 'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished.", to quote Shakespeare. How many times have you seen it? A baby, cuddled in it's mother's arms or in it's stroller, dead to the world, dreaming it's baby dreams to it's heart's content? At the malls, parks, wherever. I wish I could sleep like that. As an AB, I realize as most of you do, that adult responsibilities prevent us from enjoying that type of leisure. Then there are those who say, "I'll sleep when I'm dead." That would truly be the sleep of sleeps. I think I'll put that one off for awhile, good Lord willing. However, I do find myself enjoying naptime these days.

But oh, to truly "sleep like a baby".

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Guest sissylucy

I finds i sleep best at night in a lovely nappy cuddling my dolly... now thats partly me being all content and probably something to do with me not waking up in hte early hours cause i "may need a poop"...

As for nap time... you ask my mummy how grumpy i gets if i dont have one.. if i'm home all day then its mid afternoon... if not its as soon in the early evening as i can steal the sofa.. giggles

huggles

Lucy

NAP?! NO NAPNAP!

neber nap, HMPH. no ninitimes neibers!

<_<

-------------------

As you can probably tell from above - this little one does NOT like naps, or any form of rest. I like to stay UP with Dady!

But Dady says sometimes, I get cranky...and cranky will grow. When crankiness grows I start doing stuff I'm not supposed to out of feeling physically and/or emotionally yucky (drained). So I get sent to have a nap or go to sleep for the night, depending on the time. It's no fun but Dady watches me on cam and sometimes he goes on voice with me - that makes me feel a lot better.

- C.J.

Being retired, I've joined a golf foursome that tee's off at sunup. Get up, exercise, eat and then come home, diaper up and get my nap. That's how I like my spring, summer, and fall days. The nap allows me to be an alert adult the rest of the day. I sleep comfortably and sometimes even wet. Naps are important!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Being retired, I've joined a golf foursome that tee's off at sunup. Get up, exercise, eat and then come home, diaper up and get my nap. That's how I like my spring, summer, and fall days. The nap allows me to be an alert adult the rest of the day. I sleep comfortably and sometimes even wet. Naps are important!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

A bit off topic, but since you brought it up. I used to be an avid golfer. 11 handicap, USGA. Not great, but still pretty good. I gave all that up when I went 24/7. My question: Have you ever tried playing a round wearing? I think it would inhibit a proper hip turn and weight exchange. Especially off the tee. The short game would probably not suffer much. But, I used to love to "grip it and rip it".

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Amongst some of the things I've learned when I was with the military was: Sleep when you can, whereever possible... 'cause you don't know when you can afford it next time - same thing goes with eating and relaxing - eat & relax whilst you can - the next day or hours might make that difficult.

these days - and mind you I'm not an AB At all... just DL - I can and will sleep whenever I'm tired,... I don't do "mid-day" naps ... but if I'm tired and my situation allows it I'll put in half an hour or 20 minutes or more sleep and I'm fit again... if I have to go 48 hours without - hell it's not nice, but I'll do it... sleep later then.

so no "naps" - but sleep whenever I need it and can "afford" it.

I can sleep on any type of train, bus, car -ride in planes, on the ground, on small boats or large ships, in rough weather or hot climate... doesn't bother me the slightest bit ... if I want to sleep - I sleep... can do that almost on command ;)

That phrase, "Sleep like a baby" always made me wonder who came up with it and why! Now, I am not an AB in any way so I don't know how much of my post will really apply towards the original discussion. For years going back to when I was in my late teens I tried to sleep in a diaper at night. I was never able to, mostly because I knew what I was wearing and both worried it might leak and get the bed wet or I was too excited to be wearing a diaper to bed to fall asleep. Finally it happened that I slept the night in a diaper. I was too tired to have my excitement over wearing diapers overrule my sleep or I had just gotten comfortable enough with wearing diapers that I was finally able to sleep in them. Yes, I still woke up a couple times when I had to pee but I just went in my diaper and fell back to sleep. Although I can sleep in diapers, I still get too wound up over the fact that I have a diaper on to sleep really well. I rarely sleep in diapers anymore because I've come to the conclusion that I like to be awake and aware of every great moment that I am in a diaper so I can really enjoy it. Sleeping through it all seems like paying good money to go see a show and falling asleep! I'm also an advocate of the phrase "Familiarity breeds contempt". To me, I strike a great ballence between normal everyday life and the time I spend in diapers. A couple times a week at best is enough time in diapers to make me enjoy them all the more! If I wore all the time or every day, I feel it would wear thin after a while.

I have to say it is amazing to see what babies can sleep through - I mean just imagine falling asleep in a car or subway, having someone pick you up, carry you around, put you to bed, and not wake up through the whole thing! I am a very light sleeper so I am very envious of those that can sleep so soundly.

On another note, while we do associate the phrase 'sleep like a baby' to mean a sound, deep sleep, I have heard it said, 'sleep like a baby - wake up every two hours crying'.

I have to say it is amazing to see what babies can sleep through - I mean just imagine falling asleep in a car or subway, having someone pick you up, carry you around, put you to bed, and not wake up through the whole thing! I am a very light sleeper so I am very envious of those that can sleep so soundly.

On another note, while we do associate the phrase 'sleep like a baby' to mean a sound, deep sleep, I have heard it said, 'sleep like a baby - wake up every two hours crying'.

I only sleep about 6 hours at night and then i have a nap in afternoon for an hour or so. I can and do fall a sleep when with Daddy in the truck or car, or on a city bus. I can sleep anywhere. Daddy often does pick me up and put me too bed. If we are staying at some ones house he will often put me in PJs and we all visit. He knows i will fall a sleep. He just picks me up and puts me to bed then goes back out with our friends.

I dont always want a nap but i do it anyway, i always fall asleep pretty fast. It surprises most people that i can. its not hard when you have someone looking out for you and is so nurturing.

I find that wearing my baby things actually makes me feel sleepy, particularly if it is something warm and snuggly like fleece or something. I'm not someone who can usually sleep during the day, but if I'm in my baby things I almost always do, even in daylight. Not sure if it is down to the warmth, relaxation or even some deep seated memory.

I will say this though, if I spend the night like it I never have a great nights sleep. I always wake up several times and in the morning my mouth feels really dry and gunky, especially if I've had a pacifer in my mouth all night.

Thanks all

Bethany

I find that wearing my baby things actually makes me feel sleepy, particularly if it is something warm and snuggly like fleece or something. I'm not someone who can usually sleep during the day, but if I'm in my baby things I almost always do, even in daylight. Not sure if it is down to the warmth, relaxation or even some deep seated memory.

I will say this though, if I spend the night like it I never have a great nights sleep. I always wake up several times and in the morning my mouth feels really dry and gunky, especially if I've had a pacifer in my mouth all night.

Thanks all

Bethany

Thanks, Bethany, for shedding a little light to the real nut here. Does wearing diapers regress you to that age (even a little bit), when you wear them? I've been 24/7 for 4 years going on five. I find myself, more and more, sinking into that baby mode of sleep patterns.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: And yes, I still wake up a few times at night, bladder burning. Lucky for me, I wear diapers and rubber pants.....YaaaaaaaY! I also suffer from the same "cottonmouth" you do, after sucking my paci all night.

Footed jammies and a big tiger plushie help me sleep every night. I've been sleeping with a plushie every night since 1998, and in footed jammies since 2006, although I won't during summer. (One of several plushies are ALWAYS there thou ;)

As mentioned elsewhere, only getting an occasional night in diapers can sometimes actually loose me sleep, as I'm too excited ;)

I love my terry cloth sheets I found too, on top of a terry cloth lined mattress protector makes my bed like laying on a soft towel ;o)

I look forward to sleeping every night!

DP

i only ever sleep 12 hours at weekends, the rest of the week it's around 8 hours.. but however much i get it's always been heavy sleep.

took a while to "train" myself to get sleep while wearing a nappy, and since having molicare's i can sleep far better than before because of the higher sense of security thats given i suppose. i can even get sleep wearing three or four nappies together! yeah it might sound weird but i'm a bulk person, and i dont know of anything else that beats 4 nappies at once.. well maybe 5 would :P

i was a bedwetter from age 5 to 17, and my parents wouldn't even think of putting me in nappies all those years, so it's scorched into my brain "don't wet the bed!!" hence i've only ever woken up in a wet nappy a few times in the last few years - actually my most recent was last week when i used some johnson's baby powder.. wow.. :rolleyes: smells so good it brings back good memories for me, probly helped me to regress in my sleep or something

will keep using it and see what happens!

Thanks, Bethany, for shedding a little light to the real nut here. Does wearing diapers regress you to that age (even a little bit), when you wear them? I've been 24/7 for 4 years going on five. I find myself, more and more, sinking into that baby mode of sleep patterns.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: And yes, I still wake up a few times at night, bladder burning. Lucky for me, I wear diapers and rubber pants.....YaaaaaaaY! I also suffer from the same "cottonmouth" you do, after sucking my paci all night.

Thanks for the reply Heidilynn. Yes, I do feel regressed when I wear my baby clothes. For me it goes a bit beyond just dressing up and acting like a baby, I kind of feel like a baby (almost switching off from my adult self). Like you I have found this gets stronger as I get older. The other thing is, I'm very short sighted, so when I take off my glasses the world becomes a blur.......this automatically makes me feel more helpless.

On one occasion, myself and my wife were staying at a small hotel and they had a teddy bear on the bed. While my wife took a shower I found myself lying on the bed, on my back, kind of playing with the bear (this wasn't something I planned to do, it just kind of happened). I more or less felt regressed and when my wife came out of the bathroom it kind of took me by surprise. She said ' enjoying yourself there' and I snapped out of it. I mention this, as it's the only time I have regressed while dressed as an adult.

Take care

Bethany

I wish I could take naps. My husband can sleep anywhere and it takes him just a few minutes, if that, to fall asleep where as it takes me sometimes 20-30 minutes to fall asleep. The only time I actually get to take a nap is when I'm sick.