LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Lotions

I'm trying to find out which diaper lotions have the best feel and smell. I LOVE the fresh powder/baby smell that lotions come with. I do not like how thin and runny most of the lotions are. I really want a thick fragrant lotion. Which kind is the best for that? Huggies? Pampers? J&J? Original? Bedtime? With or without Shea Butter?

I LOVE the smell of J & J Creamy Baby Oil! Thick!!!

Also wiping down with Pampers Baby Fresh scent wipes followed by Summers Eve Feminine Powder leaves such a great smell and feels sooo soft!

is it thick or runny?

I regards to Johnson's Baby Lotion (the original pink variety), it's my opinion that it is rather thick (perhaps thickest) relative to other baby lotions or even some of their own products, such as their Creamy Baby Oil, which is much thinner, yet wonderful (as Wheels noted above) in its own sensual way. Of all the baby lotions I know of, I'd have to say all of the Johnson varieties, (including their shea butter variety, aloe variety, and the newer cucumber and melon variety) are the thickest commonly found on the market. (I've not sure how some of the rare "boutique" brands of lotions stand up in the thickness test) If I recall, some of Huggies and Gerber varieties are thick, though I don't remember which specific ones, as I remember not enjoying any of their lotions upon sampling a bottle or two when they first hit the market. Huggies Shea formula, if i recall, was thick. Baby Magic Original is perhaps my all-time favorite baby lotion, with its distinctive babyish scent and ultra-soft feel to it, but based on what you are looking for, you might find it a tad too thin.

I use Desitin. It is cheap. It works almost as well as the prescriptions that I have had!

I'm trying to find out which diaper lotions have the best feel and smell. I LOVE the fresh powder/baby smell that lotions come with. I do not like how thin and runny most of the lotions are. I really want a thick fragrant lotion. Which kind is the best for that? Huggies? Pampers? J&J? Original? Bedtime? With or without Shea Butter?

Guest Baby_brad

I use Desitin. It is cheap. It works almost as well as the prescriptions that I have had!

It smells like fish LOL.. Plus you need a spatchula to spread it!

• 3 weeks later...

I use Lotions and Oils, generally Johnson's but tend to lean toward Baby Magic lotion for the smell, as a quick side note. Have you all tried the Huggies Liquid Powder. That stuff is AWSUME! IT goes on like a lotion but quickly dries to a powder. It's great for all around coverage and protection and smells GREAT! If you haven't tried it do so, you won't be sorry!

I use Lotions and Oils, generally Johnson's but tend to lean toward Baby Magic lotion for the smell, as a quick side note. Have you all tried the Huggies Liquid Powder. That stuff is AWSUME! IT goes on like a lotion but quickly dries to a powder. It's great for all around coverage and protection and smells GREAT! If you haven't tried it do so, you won't be sorry!

Baby Magic's Original scent is the best! Also: I still have a few bottles of Baby Magic's Baby Powder Scent Baby Lotion, which was made when Playtex owned the brand. That is a great scented baby lotion as well. I'm not sure if Ascendia (the latest owner of the Baby Magic line) has continued making it.

In regards to Huggies Liquid Powder: I think that product is cornstarch-based, which is kind of a minor negative for a traditionalist, such as myself, who prefers a talc-based baby powder. But yes, it does have a nice scent and dries in the fashion Repaid1 has noted. BTW, Huggies had $1 off coupons in last Sunday's paper here in New England good on any of their baby skin care products. Gerber once had a liquid baby powder, which I think was also cornstarch-based, that was dispensed from a roll-on container, like an anti-perspirent. I never really cared for it. It seemed odd to have the liquid powder applied via a roll-on ball, which tended to clog from accreting cornstarch. All told, I think it's better to have it applied (liquid or dry) in the way it normally is. (By hand or sprinkled on)