LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Superbowl Xlii

I just wanted to post a congratulations to the New York Giants on winning the Superbowl.

I'm not an American Football fan to be honest, but I find "david vs goliath" battles intriguing and this was no exception. The New England Patriots were expected to win and make it 19-0 for the season but a fantastic defensive game by the Giants proved their undoing. A phenomenal display by Manning to throw a ball after he nearly got sacked truely lit the game up.

Well done to NFL for a great game - but just one question - how come they are now the "world champions" of American Football - when only teams playing IN america can take part? Surely its National Champions. That would be like calling Manchester United the World Champions because they won the English Premiership of Football (the most prestigious league in the world) rather than calling Italy the World Champions.

Perhaps someone could throw some light on it to a relatively newbie to the NFL - I really enjoyed the game but thought it was a bit "Narcissitic" to crown them World Champions.

Regards

Dynamick

Hi mick! Yes the game was fantastic. You mean you were able to see it in the UK? I was actually rooting against the Patriots because I didn't want them to go undefeated. I am a big fan of the only team to win every game in the season and then the super bowl, the Miami Dolphins of 1972.

I just wanted to post a congratulations to the New York Giants on winning the Superbowl.

I'm not an American Football fan to be honest, but I find "david vs goliath" battles intriguing and this was no exception. The New England Patriots were expected to win and make it 19-0 for the season but a fantastic defensive game by the Giants proved their undoing. A phenomenal display by Manning to throw a ball after he nearly got sacked truely lit the game up.

Well done to NFL for a great game - but just one question - how come they are now the "world champions" of American Football - when only teams playing IN america can take part? Surely its National Champions. That would be like calling Manchester United the World Champions because they won the English Premiership of Football (the most prestigious league in the world) rather than calling Italy the World Champions.

Perhaps someone could throw some light on it to a relatively newbie to the NFL - I really enjoyed the game but thought it was a bit "Narcissitic" to crown them World Champions.

Regards

Dynamick

I honestly haven't heard them called "world champions" only superbowl champions....I don't think I have ever heard them use that term, "World Champions" in the NFL... or maybe just never paid much attention to it if they have....

but on that note.... WOO HOO GIANTS!!! I personally don't like either team, but was happy to see the Giants beat the Pats esp in the Super Bowl.... nothing like making a perfect season not so perfect anymore!

I honestly haven't heard them called "world champions" only superbowl champions....I don't think I have ever heard them use that term, "World Champions" in the NFL... or maybe just never paid much attention to it if they have....

I just remember tigger that when the trophy was handed over the words "world champions" were used - I actually couldnt believe it.....so I watched the bit again on the Sports News Channel ....and they definately said "World Champions". I wonder if the people who thought up the World Series Of Baseball (only teams from North America/Canada play) came up with the idea....lol

I still enjoyed the match - in fact might have to include American Football as a sport to watch next season, not a patch on hockey or english football - but the final had a certain amount of style about it - apart from Tom Pettey (never liked him)....shudda got Billy Joel - now he knows a good tune!

Dynamick x

The reason I was happy the Giants won was because the Packers beat my beloved Seahawks thanks to their goddam snow. Then the giants come in and beat the snot out of the packers. There for I have a reason to route for the Giants. By the way next year the Seahawks are going all the way!!!

Sometimes, when you're dealing with sports, that IS the world to them. Therefore it makes sense to call them "World Champs." I agree that "National" is more appropriate considering it's a competition of only US teams. Maybe when the rest of the planet competes in a league together, we can call the winners "Solar System Champs" or "Universe Champs."

PArms

Sometimes, when you're dealing with sports, that IS the world to them. Therefore it makes sense to call them "World Champs." I agree that "National" is more appropriate considering it's a competition of only US teams. Maybe when the rest of the planet competes in a league together, we can call the winners "Solar System Champs" or "Universe Champs."

PArms

Haha, that made me laugh and Im going to have to agree with you. I think it would be neat to get together a world league of "American Football". Although I am not a big sports watcher a more global stance on sports would be neat. Thats probably why I like to watch, "football" or soccer. Its on a world plane.

I had a side bet, which I won, but didn't pay much attention to the game. I was more interested in the commercials which, for the most part, seemed animal (furry?) related. And some, like the one with (shoot, what's his name) that one pop star getting his balls crushed on a mailbox and stuff, that was pretty funny.

I had a side bet, which I won, but didn't pay much attention to the game. I was more interested in the commercials which, for the most part, seemed animal (furry?) related. And some, like the one with (shoot, what's his name) that one pop star getting his balls crushed on a mailbox and stuff, that was pretty funny.

I have found that the Super Bowl commercials in the past 5-6 years have not been that great.

Guest diapered469

The 'world' reference just represents the ego-centrism that pervades America.

That breakaway by Manning to make the completion to Tyree was phenomenal.

I hate the Pats...they beat my Chargers.

The commercials were pretty crappy.

Seahawks-Bolts next year.