LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help With Pinning

hi all, has anyone tried making their own cloth diaper? I did and am loving it

Then I found out the material I made it out of is strangely tough stuff. My safety pins actually bent when I tried to pin this thing around my waist.

I believe the material is called "baby flannel" can anyone tell me how to keep this around my waist?

Hi Lil,

Are you using conventional diaper pins with plastic head?

Some are made with heavier wire than others. The First Years are generally the best.

It helps if you stick the point into a bar of hand soap. That lubricates the wire when it is going into the cloth. So what when the soap stays, because it washes out. Hand soap is the only lubricant safe with diapers.

If your diaper pins are not sharp, you can fix that with very fine grit sandpaper, 150 or higher. After you sharpen the points be sure to wash the pins, and then stick the points into the soap. Do this and pins last a long time. Sharp soapped pins also do not damage the diaper fabric.

Baby Angel, who sleeps in cloth diapers

hi all, has anyone tried making their own cloth diaper? I did and am loving it

Then I found out the material I made it out of is strangely tough stuff. My safety pins actually bent when I tried to pin this thing around my waist.

I believe the material is called "baby flannel" can anyone tell me how to keep this around my waist?

Angela

As an engineer I must comment how impressed I am with your answers. All good advice, nice.

Think I'll go sharpen my pins now, but I think I use a wet stone to really get a nice point.

Loveable

• 4 weeks later...