LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Faking Incontinence

I've suggested this several times when people ask, "What can I do to make myself incontinent?"Wouldn't it be better if people just thought you were incontinent? I'm thinking about going back to big boy undies for a while, and staging a few accidents, around people I know. After a while, I'll tell them I went to a doctor and he wants to run tests and in the meantime suggested I use adult diapers. I'll blame the whole thing on injuries from a fall I had last week when I slipped on ice. Not yet decided on this, but it would allow me to be more open about diapers. Anyone else ever done this, and did or would it work?

I'll offer a slightly different perspective from tris's. Relatively few of the people you know in your day-to-day life are particularly interested in your bladder control; if you're wearing diapers they probably won't notice, and if they do notice they'll probably be too discreet to ask you about them, so your "slipping on ice" explanation is probably not going to need to be used very much. You're 62--anyone who noticed would probably just assume you were incontinent from a prostate operation or some other condition of aging.

That said, if you want to stage a few accidents around people, I see no particular reason not to, as long as you avoid their nice rugs and furniture. :)

I had an online friend years ago who did something similar. He wanted to go 24/7 and he'd been in minor a bike accident, so he discreetly spread the word in his family that he'd injured his back in the accident and was incontinent, and really didn't want to talk about it any further. The family got the news and from then on he could feel safe wearing diapers around them and not have to deal with prying questions. As far as I know he may still be doing it.

I do agree with tris that life is easiest when you're honest... but, the reality is, most of us diaperfolk don't feel comfortable telling the world why we wear what we do. I figure, if having a made-up story that you're incontinent from a fall makes it easier for you to live your life the way you want to, there are lots worse things in the world.

I've suggested this several times when people ask, "What can I do to make myself incontinent?"Wouldn't it be better if people just thought you were incontinent? I'm thinking about going back to big boy undies for a while, and staging a few accidents, around people I know. After a while, I'll tell them I went to a doctor and he wants to run tests and in the meantime suggested I use adult diapers. I'll blame the whole thing on injuries from a fall I had last week when I slipped on ice. Not yet decided on this, but it would allow me to be more open about diapers. Anyone else ever done this, and did or would it work?

Bad idea. I told a old school friend I was incontinent once when he became homeless and stayed with me untill he found his feet. I made it bluntly obvious that I was wearing a nappies by bending down and exposing the back of it. He did not say anything untill he got drink and lost his inhibitions them asked me sympathically why I was wearing a nappy, I told him I was having problems which will hopefully be be shorted out when I have my operation in a couple of months. I was really embarrassed but at the time so horny. I told him I have had wetting problems all my life and that I wore a catheter to school which I could empty down the toilet so it sounded like I was using it normaly. He believed every word. I loved wetting my nappies and then having to change in the bathroom into a clean one always making sure he could hear the crinkly plastic then walking out with the top of it tucked into my tee-shirt, it made me feel so horny at the time. Couple of days passed and I would walk around wih no tee-shirt on and my pants low making sure he could see everything, he seemed cool with it and I felt comfortable with it. I got to the point of getting really drunk and walking out with just a nappy on then having him take photos of me with my wet nappies on. I will post some on here. Anyhow after a couple of weeks it started to get like a routine of always having to wear around him which was most of the time, it got boring and I was losing interest which made it worse because every time we went out for a drink I had to take my nappie bag with clean nappies, I hated having to take it into the toilet because it made my friend feel that everybody thought he was untrustworthy that why I had to take it with me.

I did this at first and it seemed like a good way to wear around my wife. But my wife was concerned that I might have a serious medical problem or even cancer. While my wife was shocked that I wanted to wear diapers, at least she knew that I didn’t have a serious illness.

I don’t tell others that I’m incontinent. If really pushed I will say that I have a condition that forces me to wear diapers. This is very, very close to if not actually the truth. I just don’t say it’s a compulsion to wear a diaper. Or more accurately, to wet myself.

About the time late in 1990 when I was finding out about Adult Baby, I started donating to the Simon Foundation for Continence, even buying Cheryl Gartley's book "Managing Incontinence." That impressed me, so I phoned them and she answered, I shyly mention thinking about AB, explaining I had been incontinent at that point 16 years. Cheryl laughed and confided that in her own definition, if you ever wet and wear a diaper, you are incontinent. Hold that thought, and it might comfort you.

I don’t tell others that I’m incontinent. If really pushed I will say that I have a condition that forces me to wear diapers. This is very, very close to if not actually the truth. I just don’t say it’s a compulsion to wear a diaper. Or more accurately, to wet myself.

About the time late in 1990 when I was finding out about Adult Baby, I started donating to the Simon Foundation for Continence, even buying Cheryl Gartley's book "Managing Incontinence." That impressed me, so I phoned them and she answered, I shyly mention thinking about AB, explaining I had been incontinent at that point 16 years. Cheryl laughed and confided that in her own definition, if you ever wet and wear a diaper, you are incontinent.

Oh my goodness, I hadn't thought about that book in such a long time. I found it in my local branch library in San Francisco in about 1984 and was much too shy to check it out, so I surreptitiously carried it (hidden between two other books) to a carrel in the back corner and read it all day. Then afterward I went back to the library occasionally to read it over again. I was so passionately excited to find out more about incontinence and how people dealt with it.

Of course I was actually mildly incontinent myself at the time--I didn't entirely stop bedwetting until 1986. But in my mind it didn't really count because I wasn't diapered. I desperately wanted diapers in my life, and I thought the only way I could have them was to be like the people in that book.

To have no less an authority than Cheryl Gartley herself say that just wearing diapers means I am incontinent! Wow. It would have made me feel really good to hear such a thing from her back then. Hooray, I'm in the club! :)

Thanks for posting this, Angela, it really brings back memories. I have to ask, how did you broach the Adult Baby subject with her? Was she already familiar with the idea?

I really haven't decided to do this. I was just kind of wondering about it. I guess, in some ways, I am incontinent. I do wear just about 23/7. Just about any morning that I awake with a full bladder, and don't wet my diaper before I go into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, I'll start peeing uncontrollably. As soon as I turn on the water , my bladder starts to empty itself. I remember reading somewhere that this is actually a form of urge incontinence.

I really haven't decided to do this. I was just kind of wondering about it. I guess, in some ways, I am incontinent. I do wear just about 23/7. Just about any morning that I awake with a full bladder, and don't wet my diaper before I go into the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, I'll start peeing uncontrollably. As soon as I turn on the water , my bladder starts to empty itself. I remember reading somewhere that this is actually a form of urge incontinence.

I would have to say that the feeling of a full bladder and then letting it go once you start the water is just a full bladder. Urge incontinence is a little bit different than that. If you hold it long enough your body will void on its own and about a full nights sleep is a long time to be holding it.

I'm a proponent of honesty is the best policy but what do I know?

~Brian

I'd have to say I did fake incontinence with my first gf once. I had been listening to hypnotic tapes that were suppose to make me incontinent and also not feel when I was wet. So I pretty much pretended they worked, although i did seem to have a little more urge incontinence or w/e on top of it.

Once or twice to make it real believable I wet my pants a little and pretended not to notice, so she told me I had an accident and put me in a diaper. Then after she diapered me she'd ask me if I was wet which I responded no to, so she'd check me and sure enough I was! Oopsies I guess i had an accident.....hehe

Now I'm not really sure if she believed me or was just playing along, either way I don't think either one of us got hurt and it was great because i gots a lot of attention, like she would ask me if i needed a change and check me...AMAZING.

Actually I'd say it brought us a little closer together because I got to enjoy being taking care of and I knew she liked taking care of me, she started giving me a bottle once in a while and a couple of times on the couch she pulled out my pacifier!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness! This brings back old memories. About 19 years ago, I desperately wanted to wet the bed at night. I already wet the bed wet the bed occasionally...like once every couple of months. But that usually actually happened in my bed and not in diapers and I wanted to wear them and actully need them. I invested in one hypnotic tape after another. Occassionally I wet the bed but was it just my old problem or a new one? I told my then wife that I was having more accidents and I needed to wear diapers every night. She wasn't impressed. Nevertheless I started wear night diapers. In the meantime I continued to listen to my tapes. I think it was having some effect because when I started finding it easier and easier to wet my diapers. When I started the only way I could was to stand up and imagine the I was peeing at the toilet. I had pretty much gotten over that and peed in every position including flat on my back which was the hardest. But then I got an appointment with a real live hypnotist. She had a psych degree and all. I convinced her that I needed to wet the bed at night for health reasons. I remember everything in the sessions and I thought at the time "this isn't working" but little by little it did work. I started waking up not remembering peeing and yet having a wet diaper. Even after the sessions, things continued to change. It took maybe a couple of years before I could be certain that I was no longer able to stay dry. I haven't had a dry morning in maybe 15 years. I do however have a new wife who WANTS to be my mommy. She INSISTS that she is my parent. I told her the whole story about my bedwetting. Lately I have been falling asleep in the recliner watching TV and wet my pants. So now I have to get diapers and jammies on by 8PM or before I watch TV. She also decided that no child of hers would run around without underwear which I had been. She got me training pants. I hate going to the gym in them but.....my parent has decided.

• 15 years later...