LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Us Government Spending Broken Down...

ldatsea

"If the US Government were a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt." - Dave Ramsey

• Like 2

"If the US Government were a family, they would be making $58,000 a year, they spend $75,000 a year, & are $327,000 in credit card debt. They are currently proposing BIG spending cuts to reduce their spending to $72,000 a year. These are the actual proportions of the federal budget & debt." - Dave Ramsey

Sounds like the average upper middle class family here in the US. Big house, new cars, lots of toys... debt debt debt. Are we really surprised that our government is merely a reflection of our own goals, dreams and desires?

It's taken a few years, but most families have now realized that they can't live like that anymore. Give it an election or two and perhaps our government will do the same.

Most people go for generations like that, just 1 or 2 paychecks away from default.

I don't know being in debt always made me nervous, when I buy something on credit I do my best to get it paid off as quick as possible, I just got a new civic and I got good financing but I can't wait until I pay off the balance.

I don't know being in debt always made me nervous, when I buy something on credit I do my best to get it paid off as quick as possible, I just got a new civic and I got good financing but I can't wait until I pay off the balance.

Same here. I learned the hard way what its like to not make enough to pay the bills when I had a minimum wage job and had a 3 week hospital stay when I had a very bad case of pneumonia and had zero health insurance at the time and the bills came out to nearly $65K. I tried to pay as long as possible(over a year) but the interest was killing me, so I finally did the bankruptcy route, clearing only the medical bills, while maintaining my apartment and car payments(which took 3/4 of my paychecks).

Now I have zero debt. My house is paid off, my vehicles are paid off, and I have 1 credit card with a $500 credit limit, which is only used once a month to buy groceries for the family and is paid off when the bill comes.

the funny and ironic thing is, I have a lower credit score than someone who may have $10K on a credit card, because I have only 1 line of credit open

Dad needs to stop spending most of the money on guns and instead spend it on fixing up the house and Jr's education.

Dad needs to stop spending most of the money on guns and instead spend it on fixing up the house and Jr's education.

What do you think will happen to the economy if all of a sudden we stop putting all those dollars into defense spending?

It's one of the few things we don't farm out the work to other nations, and accounts for a good sized portion of our exports.

Look, I know that a lot of American Jobs and industry is at stake if you cut the defense budget. However, we never should have been putting that much money into weapons that kill people for freedom in the first place. If we spent the money that we did on education we would have the best schools and most educated people in the world. We have been spending over 50% of our proposed budgets on things that kill people for far too long now.

Also Boeing can still build the fighter jets, we just don't have to buy them and nothing is stopping Boeing from exporting their jets.

Look, I know that a lot of American Jobs and industry is at stake if you cut the defense budget. However, we never should have been putting that much money into weapons that kill people for freedom in the first place. If we spent the money that we did on education we would have the best schools and most educated people in the world. We have been spending over 50% of our proposed budgets on things that kill people for far too long now.

Also Boeing can still build the fighter jets, we just don't have to buy them and nothing is stopping Boeing from exporting their jets.

I disagree.

We have people that could care less about education, because they've grown up with an entitlement attitude that the government will take care of them. Pumping more money into entitlement programs won't change that. Should our teachers get paid more? No.

Should we hire more teachers and reduce the class sizes? Yes.

Should we foot the bill for everyone to go to college? Nope. You want it? Work for it.

And, secondly. If the US wasn't buying defense product in bulk, the price per unit for other countries would sky rocket. Making it so they wouldn't have as large of an appeal, hence wouldn't be purchased. And as a second part to that, America controls what Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrup, and all other defense industries export. We will not give permission to sell armaments to other countries that exceeds our own capabilities. It would be stupid. You never know when friends are gonna turn foe.

But that's just my view from this side of the fence.

And finally. Boeing is like the smallest of the prime military contractors. Just a little tidbit of info.

People do realize that 60% of every town's budget is wasted(not that education is a waste, just the way money is spent is) on education. American education is a joke and until we stop pandering to the unions and start monitoring spending and pay attention to curriculum; nothing will change. There is very little teaching now a days and much more indoctrination, children are not taught how to think. In general we need to cut spending in this country and stop creating a system that allows those who contribute nothing to it to reap the greatest benefits. Elderly *immigrants* should not be given social security if they move here, yet they are. Welfare should be short term and condition based, however it's not. It is not cruel to make demands of people, however it is cruel to force everyone else to pick up the slack. If this country was run like the military, there would massive soap rag beatings everyday. It's like the fat, crazy guy from Full Metal Jacket is now considered the hero. America has always been a nation of extremes, went from extreme conservatism...well more extreme religious conservatism to extreme liberalism and neither system works intelligently or economically. Unless this country becomes what it was meant to be, a centrist, constitutionalists(i.e. Government is actually limited according to the constitution as this country was designed) we are going to fail.

EDIT: Mixed up terms, changed minority to immigrant. I'm okay with anyone who has earned their way to reap the benefits they earned regardless of race, class or creed.

Also on a side note, NAFTA has fucked this coutnry over royally. We have lost jobs, security and quality of goods by allowing the free re-importation of goods from businesses which has created many of the oputsourced job markets we now hate. We cvannot remove the penalty for leaving and then charge more for staying here. It's like raising the rent on a tenant who is month to month.

People do realzie that 60% of every town's budget is wasted on education. American education is a joke until we stop pandering to the unions and start monitoring spending and pay attention to curriculum. there is little teaching now a days and much more indoctrination. Children are not taught how to think. In general we need to cut spending in this country and stop creating a system that allows those who contribute nothing to it to reap the greatest benfits. Elderly minorities should not be given social security if they move here, yert they are. Welfare should be short term and condition based, however it's not. It is not cruel to make demands of people, however it is cruel to force everyone else to pick up the slack. If this country was run like the millitary, there would massive soap rag beatings everyday. It's like the fat, crazy guy from Full Metal Jacket is no considered the hero. America has always been a nation of extremes, went from extreme conservatism...well more extreme reliogus conservatism to extreme liberalism and neither system works intelligently or economically. Unless this country becomes what it was meant to be, a centrist, constitutionalists(i.e. Government is actually limited according to the constitution as this country was designed) we are going to fail.

I stopped reading this at "Elderly minorities should not be given social security"

Racist.

i agree we need to remove the education department and return education back to the states our education system has been on a free fall from the implementation of that Massive bureaucracy... we any one thought to take money from the states and and than return it is faulty.. let the locals decide the needs of the local school system if they need more money the will raise local taxes... remove all the bloated bureaucracy and ther will be TONs of money to fuel of education.

The Federal Government was created to provide security, regulate commerce and ensure freedoms. It was NOT designed to feed, clothe, house, educate and employ citizens.

It really is that simple folks.

Step 1 of straightening this mess out is worrying less about people in other nations and more about people here at home.

We spend billions every year to help keep people in other nations fed, clothed and safe. What do we get in return? NOTHING. We've created entire populations completely dependent on our charity to survive. Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can eat for a lifetime. I understand the desire to help those less fortunate, help them not by giving them handouts but by providing the tools and training necessary for them to survive on their own.

• Like 2

If we spent the money that we did on education we would have the best schools and most educated people in the world. We have been spending over 50% of our proposed budgets on things that kill people for far too long now.

I wouldn't send my kids to the public schools in my area period, even if they gave them the best education in the world, because my school system is run by people who make the US Govt look like Albert Einstein.

Look at these examples of why I hate my local public schools:

1. In 2001, the major taxpayer in my area(a steel mill) went bankrupt. Every Govt unit that got its money from that steel mills taxes immediately cut their budgets back to 1999 levels(a 22% cut) on pay, staffing, etc. The Local school system? Took out loans from local banks, even though they knew that they would have to start paying back those loans in 2006(5 yrs) and could not pass those payments off onto the taxpayers of the county. Flash forward to 2005 and they started talking about paying back the loans, and low and behold, they went downstate and cried for the law to be changed so they could add the loan amount into a bond that they took out to build the new high school. Property taxers immediately rose $115 per $100,000 of assessed value, in other words, the taxpayers paid for the interest on that loan(and still are today, to the tune of $330 every year($115 X 2 )

2. In 2006, even though they managed to screw the taxpayers into paying interest on those loans, they cried about how they need money so they asked the teachers to cut their pay by 7% for 3 years. Immediately after the teachers agreed to it, the adnministrators immediately voted themselves a 10% payraise for 3 yrs, so for the next 3 years, while the teachers are losing 7% of their pay(an average of $245 month), the administrators all made an additional $531 a year. Yep thats real fair

3. When my oldest biological son was in 3rd grade, he not only passed the ISTEP test he scored above average, but because he never really paid attention in class(he already knew all the stuff they were trying to teach him), they felt he needed to repeat 3rd grade, even though in his class, he was the only one to score above average and 55% of the class scored below average but none of them were recommended to be held back.

4. In 2007 they decided to build a sports facility on a swamp on their property. EVERY LOCAL CONTRACTOR in this area, REFUSED to do work on the project because they all knew it should not be built there and it would sink and be a money pit, they even stated so at every town board and school board meeting for months. They spent $2,4 million on it anyways(bringing a construction company from out of state), and in 2009) guess what, it had to be tore down because it was unsafe. They then spent $2 million trying to sue the contractors for building a faulty facility, they lost, because that construction group brought in every local contractor who had stated it shouldn't be built and refused to build it.

5. This year, the state cut the budget to the schools, and the new federal voucher program and state voucher program came into play, and they lost $1.5 million in funding, plus $34K per child who signed up for vouchers, leaving them running in the red for their 2011 budget(school starts in 2 weeks), so what do they do? They asked the teachers to take another cut in pay(didn't happen, since teachers still have not gotten back that 7% from the pay cut in 2006), but then took them to court(cost to taxpayers = $321,756.23) and lost, they couldn't force teachers to take a paycut(its currently under appeal as well, but so far it looks like the school system will lose again) since they had already taken a pay cut previously and have not gotten that pay cut back yet. Then they decided that the old sports facility could be renovated with an $800K artificial field for football and soccer. Taxpayers did not favor it, yet they did it anyways, and low and behold guess who is footing the bill for the new fancy artificial field? Thats right, the taxpayers, whose property taxes will go up an additional $40 a year,

I am glad I send my kids to a private school where they put the money towards education more than wasting it on other things, and I and many others refuse to send our kids to a school system where they rather waste money on stupid things then improving the schools

Incidentally, my states worst schools, get the most money from the state. Money does not equal improvements in education

Elderly *immigrants* should not be given social security if they move here, yet they are.

EDIT: Mixed up terms, changed minority to immigrant. I'm okay with anyone who has earned their way to reap the benefits they earned regardless of race, class or creed.

Actually, Elderly *immigrants* do not receive Social Security, They never paid into it. They instead get whats called SSI or "supplemental security income" which is a different program. Essentially still a Government handout and waste.

I agree with much of what has been said, and I think one B*I*G step would be to also get rid of this evil thing called "discretionary spending" or spend at will...UGH! I'm sure there will me those who say that is needed because of emergencies and what not, but it's a source of abuse and really needs to be done away with.

The major problem is we have a Government that is essentially BORED. It works and meets most everyday, yet has really NOTHING to do. So they create things to do, which in the end cost everyone a L*O*T! Essentially everything that needed to be done HAS been done and was finished after WW2...so now they have really nothing to do.

So, if we cut back and concentrate on just rebuilding the country's infrastructure, rebuilding roads and bridges, rewiring whats needed and updating, rebuilding dams and water resources and such, that should keep the oh-so-bored government busy for a while, and in the meantime cut back on it's meetings and such. If they have nothing to do, then they can go golf or find a 2nd job where they can do something else. also, cutting back their pay (house and senate) to reflect their new working hours would save a lot, as well as get rid of the special independent medical benefits and pensions that they have. Put them on the same system that the rest of us have, social security and Medicare etc.....and you can bet you WILL see changes PROMPTLY to the whole system.

Just my 2 cents (that the Government hasn't taken away yet)

Actually, Elderly *immigrants* do not receive Social Security, They never paid into it. They instead get whats called SSI or "supplemental security income" which is a different program. Essentially still a Government handout and waste.

I agree with much of what has been said, and I think one B*I*G step would be to also get rid of this evil thing called "discretionary spending" or spend at will...UGH! I'm sure there will me those who say that is needed because of emergencies and what not, but it's a source of abuse and really needs to be done away with.

The major problem is we have a Government that is essentially BORED. It works and meets most everyday, yet has really NOTHING to do. So they create things to do, which in the end cost everyone a L*O*T! Essentially everything that needed to be done HAS been done and was finished after WW2...so now they have really nothing to do.

So, if we cut back and concentrate on just rebuilding the country's infrastructure, rebuilding roads and bridges, rewiring whats needed and updating, rebuilding dams and water resources and such, that should keep the oh-so-bored government busy for a while, and in the meantime cut back on it's meetings and such. If they have nothing to do, then they can go golf or find a 2nd job where they can do something else. also, cutting back their pay (house and senate) to reflect their new working hours would save a lot, as well as get rid of the special independent medical benefits and pensions that they have. Put them on the same system that the rest of us have, social security and Medicare etc.....and you can bet you WILL see changes PROMPTLY to the whole system.

Just my 2 cents (that the Government hasn't taken away yet)

but that would be like common sense, something that IS NOT allowed to happen in any Govt entity

but that would be like common sense, something that IS NOT allowed to happen in any Govt entity

I know...and thats another problem. maybe they should create a "super committee" to investigate it and come up with a solution :P

when our country was founded working in congress was not a career it was a part time job, even the presidents went home to plant crops and run businesses during the down time.... now its a full time job... well not really they may work as much but they dont run or operate companies and have other responsibilities to worry about so now the scheme and come up with rules and laws and committees that do nothing but consume money and time.

"The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe."

-Dr. Leonard H. McCoy

All politicians are self serving liars who only have interest in putting themselves first and/or their agenda/"axe to grind" first. The only thing there is to argue about is degrees. Does society need a "safety net"? Yes, by and large we aspire to live in a compassionate society. I'm pretty sure the government isn't the best at providing this because the aforementioned gets in the way (and poor service too, the DMV, TSA, and IRS seem to illustrate this best). What is the alternative? I don't know (private charities?). But the incumbent (being government) is so entrenched in that role, that we'll have to deal with that until we have social change. To quote a Democrat (not that it really matters) Judge from whom I had the privilege of attending a lecture, "It's not government's job to provide services[, but] it is government's job to make sure services are provided." The people need to take their government back, have a (respectful!!!) dialect based on fact and reality rather than emotion or 'personal' deficit. A former president, in this case a Republican said, "Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty." Getting the power out of the hands of the "ruling" class[es] and into the people is the only way [wo]men can remain free to the extent that Americans have become accustomed. Unfortunately, this has been trending wrong in the US for MANY years (since the 1930's at least). The US government has done a lot of good since then, but there are always the political types that see modest regulation as a way to seize free thought and money from the common [wo]man. The only way to turn this tide is for people to wake up and get representatives that hand power back to the people, localities, communities and neighborhoods where it belongs. If it was that easy, I'd have figured out a way to do it, but alas progress eludes us. It's should be government's primary directive to protect the people, not run their lives.

• Like 2