LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Bettypooh

To Our New Members

33 posts in this topic

If I may say a word or two regarding smileys....

I'm for their judicious use. If I want to make sure a post is taken as a joke, then I use them. If my intent is serious, I don't. And I think I strike a good balance between the two types of posts. They can be useful in those cases where the intent is ambiguous, to drive home that one is "just kidding."

As the resident  emoticon queen B) I not only resemble that remark :blush: but I entirely disagree with it :P Emoticons are like toys to me and I like playing with them ;) Being offensive is not my intent but we each have our own styles so jeder tut's auf seine weise :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

If I may say a word or two regarding smileys....

I'm for their judicious use. If I want to make sure a post is taken as a joke, then I use them. If my intent is serious, I don't. And I think I strike a good balance between the two types of posts. They can be useful in those cases where the intent is ambiguous, to drive home that one is "just kidding."

I love them, but too many give you a headache after awhile. Before the eye surgery, they interfered with my ability to read a post if they were too numerous

As toys, they can be wron out like any other: It gets to be too '70's. Next thing you know we'll start seeing WIN Buttons and mood tiaras and leisure babydolls

I love them, but too many give you a headache after awhile. Before the eye surgery, they interfered with my ability to read a post if they were too numerous

As toys, they can be wron out like any other: It gets to be too '70's. Next thing you know we'll start seeing WIN Buttons and mood tiaras and leisure babydolls

I feel the same way about large siggies such as yours, but I don't harp about that or point out that ostentatious siggies like your's have been passe for ages already. Both are allowable here and nobody makes anyone read any posts 'cept themself, so if you know what you'll find is more than you want to deal with either don't read it or ignore it, but don't harp on it causing everyone else to suffer for your viewpoint too :(

Bettypooh

My sig is just about medium size as sigs go. I have seen some monsters. It used to be larger but I pared it down and may do so some more but it carries useful links. If the BBCode editor here let us use image links right, it could all be in one or two lines. Nice and tidy

Besides which, if yours was of a size to be readily readablle to me it would be as large or larger

All computers have a Zoom function, but for those not visually impaired, it is easily readable.

Smiles make for a good read when used as punctuation. they are Called Emoticons for a reason, they can be added to lines of text to express emotions about things. Adding more just allows us all to get closer to the author.

Over use can be a problem in cases of scerious posts, like Emily said. It is hard to take something seriously if it is covered in flashy faces.

More annoying than a Flashy face is Massive Signatures that make reading a post about anything a novel. Thank you for dialing it down.

All computers have a Zoom function, but for those not visually impaired, it is easily readable.

For Windows;

Zoom in; Hold the control button & press the plus button

Zoom out; Hold the control button & press the minus button

you can also set up the bar to show a zoomed window, kind of like a moveable magnifying glass that follows the mouse.