LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ibs - To Poop Or Not To Poop, That Is The Question...

Ok, I've had trouble with IBS before. Sometimes it does flare up and its back and forth - the poops and the half hour visits to the bathroom but this time it is seriously crazy. I have had bad wattery diahreah now for 3 weeks and I went to the DR and he gave me some little pills that do slow it down. Only problem - they slow it down too much then I feel like a stuffed turky which is very very uncomfortable - but not consitpated. As soon as I stop taking the pills its as if I OD'd on laxatives - poo poo poo ...

Has anyone else been through this? I'm used to peeing my diapers and occasionally getting a stinky one from the IBS but this is getting unreal - any ideas?

They thought I had IBS for a long time. I was loosing blood too. I wound up having colon surgery.

See your doctor. What you don't know can kill you.

Ok, I've had trouble with IBS before. Sometimes it does flare up and its back and forth - the poops and the half hour visits to the bathroom but this time it is seriously crazy. I have had bad wattery diahreah now for 3 weeks and I went to the DR and he gave me some little pills that do slow it down. Only problem - they slow it down too much then I feel like a stuffed turky which is very very uncomfortable - but not consitpated. As soon as I stop taking the pills its as if I OD'd on laxatives - poo poo poo ...

Has anyone else been through this? I'm used to peeing my diapers and occasionally getting a stinky one from the IBS but this is getting unreal - any ideas?

I have problems with IBS too, some days I'm going 3-5 time often with control, so mess diapers are ineventable. I saw my doctor last month so I'm schedual for more test. Colonscopy and the likes, she also give me some lomotol, which I think are the little pills you mention. The work by slowing down your colons natural movement, by the use of beladona and phenabarbitual. My biggest advice would be to see you doctor and let them decide what can be done for you.

I have problems with IBS too, some days I'm going 3-5 time often with control, so mess diapers are ineventable. I saw my doctor last month so I'm schedual for more test. Colonscopy and the likes, she also give me some lomotol, which I think are the little pills you mention. The work by slowing down your colons natural movement, by the use of beladona and phenabarbitual. My biggest advice would be to see you doctor and let them decide what can be done for you.

Yep, thats the pills. I've had trouble with this before but recently its been so bad that its hard to leave the house. I can't count how many times in a day sometimes. I've been to the Dr 3 times in the last 3 weeks and she sent me to the ER once to get IV fluids. When I try to eat I get bad cramps. I have had cramps with it before but this time I've reached a point where I am almost frightened to eat anything that isn't very bland or clear liquids.

I am discussing with my Dr the possibility that this may be ischemic bowel disease instead. Part of the concern is that I have a blood clotting disorder - my blood clots too easily and I take coumadin for that because I've already had a minor stroke (which sounds like an oxymoron to me) two massive pulmonary emboli and a blood clot that has caused blindness in my right eye - no fun! She was originally worried about the possibility of an intestinal bleed from the blood thinners and that is still a concern with all the activity going on in there - that is that it could develop.

One thing that concerns me is poo in public. In the past I just stayed home but I have to go on a roadtrip for the holidays and I'm going to be around people and in places along the way and I feel a bit odd about the prospect of leaving a full adult diaper in the bathroom trash or dealing with poo in the bathroom - especially if it isnt a single user bathroom.

I also worry about leaks. This is very watery poo. I know I should have a change of clothing but how do you keep that from smelling the rest of the way... say the next 8 hours on the road?

Anyway.. its stressing me out thinking about it alot! I suppose I just do what I got to do-do.

• 1 month later...

You poor thing. have you talked to you doctor about reducing the amount of the pill your taking? Maybe a smaller dose will keep you from getting stopped up so badly. I am assuming that people know about this situation? If not and you are going to be taking road trips you should give them a heads up.... It might be very difficult and embarrassing but would keep the uncomfortable situation to a minimum if and when it does happen. I do not have IBS but I have been taken by surprise in school with an uncontrollable bout of diarrhea a couple of times and I was happy to be wearing a diaper. As for clean up I had wipes and an extra diaper to change into. It took quite a bit of wipes but it was taken care of. Then I tossed it in the garbage. I used a handicap single occupancy bathroom when I needed to change, I was fortunate for that.

I would definitely have a change of clothing on hand and I would make sure to buy a really high quality diaper for the trip. Something with a lot of absorbency that way leaks would be kept to a minimum and maybe even use some plastic pants. Hopefully some of this may be of some help, although if you already took your trip how did it go?

I hope you and your DR find a way to get this under control so you can live a little bit more comfortably.

~Brian

nullo also goes a long way as far as cutting smell down to almost nothing. turns everything green, but id rather have that..

I was going to suggest the same thing but nullo gives me the runs and if that is already a problem then that couldn't be good!

~Brian

I recently watched a show on tv about a woman that had severe IBS. She had gone to several doctors most of whom told her to learn too live with it.She finally resorted to wearing diapers. Finally she saw one doctor that had been doing studies on people with IBS. It turns out many of these people had a gall bladder that was producing too much bile. This was the cause of their severe diarrhea. The cure is a drug that is used for controlling colesterol.She began taking this drug and her symptoms disappeared in a few days.You may want to ask your doctor about this.