LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting Without A Diaper

A few months back my chiro recommended that I try to find a way to sleep without wearing a bulky diaper since it aggravates my lower back. But as long as I’m going through an incontinent period, I have no choice.

But recently I’ve been able to give it a shot. Its not easy and it isn’t full proof either.

First off, I don’t use a waterproof mattress cover. My wife sleeps in the same bed and those things are hot and uncomfortable for both of us. And they don’t absorb any moisture so we would both get wet if I wet the bed.

What I worked out was a good compromise. Giant was selling a small pad for a child’s bed. It’s a bit smaller than a one of my adult cloth diapers. It will absorb some wetness but not all. I put it on top of the sheet and then I put a heavy cloth diaper on top. I put the diaper 2 inches from the sides. Since the diaper is bigger, I just fold the end and a side under the diaper. The upshot is that it makes a very absorbent pad that is only under me.

If I wet when I lay on my stomach, it works perfectly. On my side and it doesn’t. If I lay on my back it will work very well but the top sheet and comforter may get wet. The comforter we have has a semi moisture proof material on the inside so it doesn’t get too wet. The sheet does get wet at night but its dries fast.

This has really helped my back. I’ve been doing this for about 2 weeks now and I sleep very well. I usually sleep on my back or stomach so problems have been few.

A few nights I awoke to a very wet pad. I just remove the diaper and replace it with a dry on. Next time I remember, I’m going to get an extra pad and just change them out at night as needed.

I don’t recommend trying this for “fun” if you sleep with someone else. Without a diaper, you WILL get the sheets and blankets wet at least a little. Be prepared for more laundry.

But it does help your back and hips. After I got over the weirdness of not having a diaper, it felt great to not have the bulk between my legs or under me.

not sure what type of diaper you have used before....

I consider the TENA Slip max to be the bulkiest thing I would need for a whole night.... even if I deliberate drank loads of liquid...

When I had to use diapers while back after a nasty bladder thing (long story) for a couple of weeks, the TENA slip Super (their second heaviest diaper) worked very well for both day and night use...

that thing is barely 10mm thick when "compressed" due to your weight and the pressure of the mattress... I never felt that my lower bac would be raised due to the diaper.

I'm a DL not really dreaming of being permanently inco... I've experienced that for some time, and hell if it happen again I guess I'd cope with it... but back then I would have not wanted to go without a diaper... had a few bedwetting moments in my early teenage years, and some later on (I guess mostly psychological due to some serious stress)... a soaked bed, or waking up in the middle of the night on wet sheets (plastic cover beneath or some "absorbent" sheet) is not nice. I don't like it.

You may should try changing type/brand of diaper... or maybe you could try a thin diaper and a throw-away absorbent sheet-thing beneath your top-most bed-sheet.... that way if the diaper leaks it wuld at least not ruin the mattress...

I don't believe that a thin (day-time) diaper would actually do anything bad to your back.

also if having back problems, try to see if your pillow/head rest is good for your back profile... changing this to a properly "matching" type can work wonders with back problems... also the type of the mattress can change your life.

sure you can do as you please ;) but reading your post, I get the feeling that you're not fully comfortable with that solution.

Disposables don't work for me at night. Abena, Molicare, its all the same, they all leak. So I've always used cloth with plasitc pants. There is also the cost of disposables to consider.

My incon is such that I don't always leak. My bladder will hold quite a lot and then it goes all at once very forcefully. When lying prone, a disposable has trouble absorbing a lot of fluid at once. When sitting or standing, it can flow down to the crotch and wick to the back. When lying down, it runs out the sides and top.

I may use a thiner cloth diaper with the pad and see if that helps.

It doesn't take much to irritate my lower back. This will probably only be temporary. If it doesn't help my back, I'll go back to wearing regular diapers to prevent leaks.

I've stopping using the pad. It was more comfortable for my back but thats all. Usually the top sheet would get peed on but what was really a problem was rolloing onto a cold wet pad when I changed posistions.

This will protect the mattress if you lie on your back or stomach but thats all. Not really very workable.

I'm back in regular cloth diaper and plastic pants at night. I'm tired of worrying that I'll pee on my wife or ruin another mattress.

I hope that works for you, even considering your back-issue...

about disposables... I may add one or two things...

if my member is firmly pointing downwards (if a disposable is put on correctly, you memeber will stay in that position without causing any discomfort at all) then the urine flows dowards towards the center and the back of the diaper too.

well I'm not inco... but when I wear a diaper to bed I usually drink quite a lot water before I go to bed so that when I weak up I really have to "go"...

then my bladders full, and the pressure is there... so I just let it go, and quite quickly so, even when voiding "at speed" like this, a properly put on TENA SLIP MAXI, or Molicare SUPER PLus or Abena ABRI FORM X-Plus does not leak at all.. even if this happens twice a night.

[quote name='ThomasInWVa' date='Dec 17 2007,

I'm back in regular cloth diaper and plastic pants at night. I'm tired of worrying that I'll pee on my wife or ruin another mattress.

First off, I don’t use a waterproof mattress cover. My wife sleeps in the same bed and those things are hot and uncomfortable for both of us. And they don’t absorb any moisture so we would both get wet if I wet the bed.

Neither my wife nor I need it medically, we have a waterproof sheet to protect our nice queen mattress. We both agreed that a plastic one would be too hot (even when its 50 or below in the room, I'm usually too warm to sleep comfortably). Target sells a really high quality mattress pad with a waterproof barrier. No heat build up at all, it breathes perfectly. It feels like a really nice mattress pad. I think its made with that non-woven diaper material, but its very soft and comfortable, it actually makes our nice pillow-top even nicer to sleep on (not to mention, less likely to stain!)

Before anyone says 'but it probably wouldn't work very well', a few months ago, we both let out a full bladder's worth in the bed, and she gushed about a half-gallon enema (while cumming, no less) and there was NO wetness transfer through to the mattress.

And I fully agree about disposables at night. If you are careful to wake up and position yourself before letting go, they'll work okay. If you might be in any position, any time, and asleep when it cuts loose, well...not so much.

And as for 'it will hold even if I drink lots of water'... I'm wearing 6 inches of cloth I soaked through in one night. Intentionally, but I have never seen a disposable that would hold 2 1/2 gallons of water. Yep, 20 pounds of pee in my diaper right now. :)

I’ve tried wearing Abena disposables at night for awhile. I used the pad in case it leaked. The first night was perfect. No leaks at all. I figured that when I tried it before, I probably didn’t really know how to put on a disposable properly. After all, it was when I became incon and was still learning.

Well my success didn’t last. For the next 5 or 6 nights, the disposable leaked every time. I was always sleeping on my back.

The problem is that my penis usually retracts into my body so the flow doesn’t have a chance to go between my legs all the time. It is it too high in the diaper and tries to flow down the sides.

I’m back into cloth and plastic pants. I’m wearing a slightly thinner diaper and that has really helped my back.

No more ice cold sheets and bed!