LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attached To Diapers

I have been wearing diapers for 20 years now 24 / 7. I have had diaper rashes and heat rashes and so on. About 2 almost 3 years ago i was diagnosed with OAB / urge incontinence. My urologist who diagnosed me said that she wants me to try to make it to the bathroom every 2 hours to "retrain" my bladder. My problem is I have grown attached to diapers and the security of them. There are many times that I am glad I was wearing a diaper especially when I get sick and have problems breathing.

my urologist wants me to write down times that i do make it to the bathroom in time. I currently change about 3 - 4 times a day and use depend diapers. I am a diabetic type 2 and have a seizure disorder which I take insulin and other meds to control my sugar and seizures.

So I have become attached to diapers for there intended use and would like to know what you would do? I am married and my wife changes me frequently and would rather change a wet diaper than change a wet bed or my clothes. I no longer have "normal underwear", they all got tossed out years ago.

Are there support groups to help people get passed the need to wear and want diapers? i would like some one to talk to about things. how would you deal with this question? I feel that my urologist is trying to get me out of diapers but she has not said that in so many words. I am just looking for some input from others with similiar issues. Thanks.

Sounds like you need a new doctor.

If you are comfortable with who you are, and you are not causing distress

in your families life, then why does your doctor want to force you to change.

I think Radioman has a good point. If this was something that YOU really wanted for yourself because of your unhappiness with wearing diapers, then that would be different. But if you're perfectly comfortable with the current situation and the diapers are not a big deal in your life and your general health is not at risk in any way, then it would seem you'd be going through this purely for the doctor's benefit and not your own. If that's the case, I would suggest you talk to her and tell her that you're just fine with the situation the way it is. She probably thinks she's helping you and that you probably don't like having to wear diapers. If she continues on with this after you've explained things to her then maybe look for another urologist as Radioman suggests.

Ditto the above comments. But in a side note of a different light. There is no reason you can't do both. Simply try to hold it for two hours and then release into your diaper. Just notate that point of reference for your doctor if they want to "help". Personally I'm like you I have been wearing for 20 years too. I couldn't go a day without my Molicares let alone a few hours. So I would say next to finding a new doctor just try the routine, Diapers are made for pee just like the toliet so there should be no difference. :D

Guest dodgedart

I was diagnosed with OAB / urge incontinence. My urologist who diagnosed me said that she wants me to try to make it to the bathroom every 2 hours to "retrain" my bladder.

Mine said the same thing about me but put me in oybutin{sp?} Vesicare but made me sick and stoped up for #2 then put me on oxybution{sp?} but that and never helped at all but made me #2 all the time!!!

Now back on the vesicare.

I am back on Diapers now and feal fine. But will take a brake from the diapers for a few hours a day while home and hit the bath romm every 20 MIN! So i dont get a rash and give my skin a brake

So I have become attached to diapers for there intended use and would like to know what you would do? I am married and my wife changes me frequently and would rather change a wet diaper than change a wet bed or my clothes. I no longer have "normal underwear", they all got tossed out years ago.

A doctor won't necessarily try to get you out of the diapers, they don't want a patient to sacrifice their own comfort. The motivation would be better Independence and functioning with the least amount of pain possible. I would follow through with the doctor's plans, but still keep the absorbent products. Chances are, you'll still need them on occasion, maybe for life. You'll be more independent when out and about, and might not have to map restrooms as much. Yet, you'll still the tools needed to deal with emergencies, along with the security of not having to change your lifestyle so drastically on such short notice.

The Honeywell 6180

• 2 weeks later...

My urologist who diagnosed me said that she wants me to try to make it to the bathroom every 2 hours to "retrain" my bladder. My problem is I have grown attached to diapers and the security of them. There are many times that I am glad I was wearing a diaper especially when I get sick and have problems breathing.

There's a couple of good reasons to "retrain" yourself -- even if you like your diapers and wear them continually. The only groups that will support you in "getting over" your love of diapers aren't ones you want to be involved in. Your diapers aren't hurting anyone. So why "retrain yourself"?

First, everyone here of any maturity finds that having a choice of whether or not to wear padding is better than no choice. The choice makes things a lot more fun.

There's a lot of good reasons for you to create that choice.

I like to hike and canoe, and I leave my diapers home for both activities...hiking for chafing, canoeing so I can just jump into the water...it's usually hot, and pee in the boat would stink.

Second, you have at least occasional skin trouble. The usual best and quickest way to heal that trouble is to leave off the diapers for a bit. Not leaving yourself in a wet diaper helps. You are also diabetic, which means that skin trouble will become harder to heal if you don't keep your sugar under good control, as will any UTI's you may get, especially if you are female.

Dill Pickle

Diapers are looked at as a last resort for any urologist. I have been through the bladder retraining process and I am STILL trying new things to alleviate the problem. I am going to go to a physical therapist who specializes on pelvic floor rehab.

I am a single guy...who is shy to begin with..and wearing diapers is a MAJOR turn off for a lot of women. And for a lot of people it is a big turn off. It doesn't make them bad people, it just turns them off.

For a guy, it represents a weakness..and a lot of women run from that.

I wear diapers..protective underwear during the day and briefs at night. However, I don't actively use them. I leak involuntarily during the day, but I wait to go to the bathroom and fully empty my bladder.

My urologist thinks the pelvic floor rehab will help, but most likely wont cure, and the only other alternatives are "invasive" which means surgical. And I won't go there because I dont like the percentages. I've tried all the meds, and they don't work because my bladder doesn't empty correctly..

I also restricted fluids, but that has resulted in kidney stones and I am at a bit of a stand off because the internal medicine doctor has told me to drink 3 liters of water and the urologist is telling me, "If you do that, you're going to have accidents." And I have...

The bottom line is, there STILL is very little that can be done to completely cure the problem. An artificial sphincter operation will only REDUCE the problem, it wont completely cure it. You still have to wear a pad.

My urologist is a woman. She told me when I first saw here years ago that it can be "frustrating" because if the meds don't work, a person like myself is stuck. All you can do is limit fluids, and avoid diruetics.

I don't really MIND wearing diapers...I just wish everybody else didn't! :(

And oh I know, if the girl REALLY LOVES me she will accept it, but a lot of the time it doesn't work that way. I am in shape, and look decent, but it is really hard.

Diapers are looked at as a last resort for any urologist. I have been through the bladder retraining process and I am STILL trying new things to alleviate the problem. I am going to go to a physical therapist who specializes on pelvic floor rehab.

I am a single guy...who is shy to begin with..and wearing diapers is a MAJOR turn off for a lot of women. And for a lot of people it is a big turn off. It doesn't make them bad people, it just turns them off.

For a guy, it represents a weakness..and a lot of women run from that.

I wear diapers..protective underwear during the day and briefs at night. However, I don't actively use them. I leak involuntarily during the day, but I wait to go to the bathroom and fully empty my bladder.

My urologist thinks the pelvic floor rehab will help, but most likely wont cure, and the only other alternatives are "invasive" which means surgical. And I won't go there because I dont like the percentages. I've tried all the meds, and they don't work because my bladder doesn't empty correctly..

I also restricted fluids, but that has resulted in kidney stones and I am at a bit of a stand off because the internal medicine doctor has told me to drink 3 liters of water and the urologist is telling me, "If you do that, you're going to have accidents." And I have...

The bottom line is, there STILL is very little that can be done to completely cure the problem. An artificial sphincter operation will only REDUCE the problem, it wont completely cure it. You still have to wear a pad.

My urologist is a woman. She told me when I first saw here years ago that it can be "frustrating" because if the meds don't work, a person like myself is stuck. All you can do is limit fluids, and avoid diruetics.

I don't really MIND wearing diapers...I just wish everybody else didn't! :(

And oh I know, if the girl REALLY LOVES me she will accept it, but a lot of the time it doesn't work that way. I am in shape, and look decent, but it is really hard.

How long have you been wetting and using diapers? do you have any other medical problems that can cause you to wet? did you keep a diary? how did you retrain and still have wetting accidents? is your urologist understanding that you will be using diapers though? I would like to chat with you more about this, so please write back.