LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This Might Sound Stupid But How Do You Do The Baby Talk

StillNDiapers

Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

hey,

the best thing i think is ust to try it....chat wih some others that use it, as long as they know ur learning it'll be kewlies if you ask questions.

oh an i no meaning to be stalwking yous jus wikes ous post i guess

giggles

Lucy

there's a lot of ways ~

some people omit the L's and R's, replacing with W's. Example: "wowwipop" instead of "lollipop"

some people will use F or D to replace TH. Example: "dis" or "dat" instead of "this" or "that"

some will omit letters altogether. Example: "finer" instead of "finger"

some will add letters. Example: "okies" instead of "okay"

some will omit words altogether. "I want that car!" could become, "wans car!"

some will stick random S's, ES's, or EST's everywhere. "She has the best one!" could become, "she gots besterestest ones!

some use T instead of C, S, or Z. "He says we can't do that!" could become, "hes tays we tant do dat"

some don't capitalize the sentences Example: take any example in this post lol!

some don't use punctuation. (self explanatory)

some, instead of TH, will use the T but not the H Instead of "things", "tings" could be used

some use any combination of the above.

But all in all, everyone has their own "version" of babytalk. Good luck in finding out yours! happy.gif

~ moogle

ba-ba

n. Bottle.

binkie

n. Pacifier.

blankie

n. Blanket.

bo-bo

n. Bear, usu. teddy bear

boo-boo

n.1. Mistake. 2. Injury.

bunny

n. Rabbit.

bye-bye

interj. Goodbye.

ca-ca

n. Feces.

chi-chi

n. Milk.

chip-chips

n. Potato chips.

da-da

n. Father.

daddy

n. Father.

din-din

n. Dinner.

doggie

n. Dog.

dolly

n. Doll.

duckie

n. Duck.

dydee (also didee)

n. Diaper.

fishy (also fishie)

n. Fish.

her

pron. 1. Her (first-person singular feminine objective-case

pronoun).

2. She (first-person singular feminine nominative-case pronoun).

him

pron. 1. Him (first-person singular masculine objective-case

pronoun).

2. He (first-person singular masculine nominative-case pronoun).

hims

adj. His (first-person singular masculine possessive adjective).

horsie

n. Horse.

keecat

n. Cat. [ < kitty + cat ]

keycars

n. Car keys. kitty

n. Cat.

ma-ma

n. Mother.

mommy

n. Mother.

nana

n. 1. A nanny, nurse, or nursemaid. 2. Grandmother.

night-night

n. Sleep. interj. Good night.

nima

n. Mother.

nummy

adj. Delicious; good tasting.

owie

n. Injury. interj. Ouch!

panshoo

n. Shampoo.

panties

n. Pants.

pa-pa

n. Father.

pee-pee

n. 1. Urine. 2. Penis.

Idiom. go pee-pee

v. To urinate.

po-po

n. The posterior, derriere, buttocks.

poo-poo

n. Feces.

Idiom. go poo-poo

v. To defecate.

potty

n. Toilet.

puppy

n. 1. Dog. 2. (esp. small children) Any four-legged animal.

tato

n. Potato.

tee-tee

n. Urine.

tummy

n. 1. Abdomen. 2. Stomach.

tum-tum

n. 1. Abdomen. 2. Stomach.

tushie

n. 1. The posterior, derriere, buttocks. 2. The anus.

walkies

n. A walk.

Idiom. go walkies

v. To go for a walk.

wa-wa

n. Water.

wee-wee

n. Urine.

Baby talk in general

Replace "l" and "r" sounds with "w"

Try not to use forms of "to be": "Ma-ma, I wet"

Use infinitive forms of verbs; don't change for person, number or

tense: "The doggie wun away"

If you do use tense, be sure to treat irregular verbs as if they

were regular: "The doggie wunned away"

Likewise, treat irregular plurals as if they were regular. "Ma-ma,

wook at all the sheeps!"

Use objective-case pronouns in place of nominative-case: "Her don't

know me vewy well, do her?" (Yes, I'm a Warner Bros. cartoon fan.)

Replace certain multi-syllable words with a doubling of the first

syllable, as in "ma-ma," "pee-pee," etc.

Add a long "e" sound to the end of certain words to make them

diminutive, as in "doggie," "duckie," "dolly," etc.

When a noun acts as an adjective and modifies a second noun, form a

single word from the two by putting the modifying noun last. For

example, "car keys" becomes "keycars."

Actually they did a really great job describing it. When I saw the topic I was ready to post similar things, although my hat is off to the linguists in the group. Congratulations to both of you, you did an excellent job summarizing the glossary and speech patterns.

Nicely done,

--Lex

• 2 weeks later...

An awso its ams vewy important dat oo werefer to ooself as me not i

eg, me wans teddy, also oo will see dat me didnt say me wants the teddy or my teddy, because to a child, teddy is alive and has feelings, thewfore hims does not belong as such, as wouldnt call a person it, or the (unless oo didnt wike dems!) neiber would oo call osos teddy, he simply ams teddy, or dolly or bwankie.

Me speak same in both baby talk or normal talk

only call my girlfriend mommy in private though.

but apart from that me speak same as do here. Yeah ... where is my truck...lol

An awso its ams vewy important dat oo werefer to ooself as me not i

Star, I'll have to disagree here. Not everyone uses "me" instead of "i"...It's not as important as one would think. I don't use me to replace i, cause personally "me" reminds me of a caveperson.

When speaking in babytalk, I personally will omit the I whenever possible, or replace it with "i's".

Examples:

"I want to see a movie!" for me would equal "wans mooie!" OR "i's wans mooie!"

Still babyish but not "caveperson-esque".

I do agree on the teddy bear/dolly/bankie point, though!

Oh my good lord, that hurts to read. Why? Why for heavens sake is there a need to turn a readable, beautiful language into something like *that*?????

Therefor I shall but wonder, what bewilderment will come to me, in times like these from the world wide web, whereas even something usually so slowly evolving as a language gets gutted and slaughtered, brought to a mad-mans butcher-shop and have had no mercy granted.

What did "English" ever hurt you with, that now in turn you must make it bleed, and rot to pieces? Torture I should say, torture for the reader and torture to the elaborate heritage on which the skill of written words once was founded upon.

I ask thee, thou butchers of gentle words, to refrain from your bloody deeds and let it have some peace, give it back it's grace and try to let it keep the poor remains of honor and once strikingly strong meaning.

Shall this wish not be granted than I ask thee to at least consider thoughtfully what turmoil you cause to the poor readers eyes who compassionately try not to get entangled within the web of weird words, of anagrams and turned letters.

Alas, before I pass on to other matters of this late hour, to a realm where there looms nothing but a hopeful night of sound sleep and sweet dreams I wonder why there has been such a seemingly elaborate devil at work to make language sound so foul and wrong indeed.

;)

QUOTE (Eric D @ Dec 22 2007, 07:12 PM) Oh my good lord, that hurts to read. Why? Why for heavens sake is there a need to turn a readable, beautiful language into something like *that*?????

Eric, not to be rude, but...

If you don't like to see babytalk being written, don't come into this forum! No one's forcing ya to come into this part of the board!

And before you come back with, "well I can't stand babytalk in the chat" etc, you can always put the people who babytalk on iggy, you know? wink.gif

~ moogle

Oh my good lord, that hurts to read. Why? Why for heavens sake is there a need to turn a readable, beautiful language into something like *that*?????

Therefor I shall but wonder, what bewilderment will come to me, in times like these from the world wide web, whereas even something usually so slowly evolving as a language gets gutted and slaughtered, brought to a mad-mans butcher-shop and have had no mercy granted.

What did "English" ever hurt you with, that now in turn you must make it bleed, and rot to pieces? Torture I should say, torture for the reader and torture to the elaborate heritage on which the skill of written words once was founded upon.

I ask thee, thou butchers of gentle words, to refrain from your bloody deeds and let it have some peace, give it back it's grace and try to let it keep the poor remains of honor and once strikingly strong meaning.

Shall this wish not be granted than I ask thee to at least consider thoughtfully what turmoil you cause to the poor readers eyes who compassionately try not to get entangled within the web of weird words, of anagrams and turned letters.

Alas, before I pass on to other matters of this late hour, to a realm where there looms nothing but a hopeful night of sound sleep and sweet dreams I wonder why there has been such a seemingly elaborate devil at work to make language sound so foul and wrong indeed.

;)

for starters you are a dl and not a ab so you really should just not go there and two if you really want to complain about the butchering of the english language then you need to focus your attention towards the rappers and other folk who more mainstreamly butcher the language.

My apologies if I hurt someone's feelings with my last post...

I didn't exactly come to this post "on purpose", more, when browsing the board yesterday late night I clicked on "View new posts" and happened to click on that one instead of the one above or below, being of a curious nature, I read through it a bit and well, the result can be found in my last post.

I noticed afterwards that there is a whole forum section dedicated to this - well I wasn't really aware of that before.

Now I know better, and will skip that here for sure.

about rappers and other language butchering folks, well yes, it depends - rap & hip hop in quite a few cases does indeed feature a disfigured language, however with some, the texts and their sometimes rather poetic nature, is quite astonishingly well made.

Modern POP music for that matter, is an entirely different story, and 99,99% pure crap when it comes to lyrics. At least in my humble opinion.

but music as far as I can recall, has not been the topic of discussion here, so I did not want to generalize my rant about butchered speech.

and last but not least, I hope that grain of salt within my earlier post here would have been a bit more "visible".

For what it is worth, I am a firm believer in the right of free speech, so talk/write as you want, but consider some critique once in a while as "something that naturally will happen".

• 2 weeks later...

Da beth way I knowsth to pwactice, izth to put a paper cwip on yerz tongue. Dat wayth, it forthes you to sthpeak wid a wisp. After a time, your oral muthell memwee will take ober and you will thpeak fwoowent "Bay-beeee".

Writing it is a whole different thing. But I think, if you want to be understood in these forums, you're best bet is to communicate in the "Queen's English".

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I Have to say I do agree with Eric's dis-like of writen baby talk, but not as strongly or for the same reason. It is just the as some with a low reading age any way it is very hard to work out at times and in live chats I bo find that when people start using it I stop talking just because it takes me so long to work ou what people are saying I don't have a chance to reply.

I am in no way saying people should stop and I dolike using spoken baby talk and sort of wish I could use baby talk in text but as it has been said, there are no hard ruls so it is hard to pick up.