LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Creams And Powder

After having a super battle with a horrendous case of Diaper Rash I now use barrier cream and powder ALL the time.

How do you deal with powder/cream getting on the tapes of disposable diapers? I seem to be having a hard time with this. Are there any tips or tricks on how to avoid tape problems with powder and creams?

What barrier/diaper rash cream do you use? Is there any difference in baby powder brands?

He usually cried at least once everyday, not because he was sad, but because the world was so beautiful and life was so short.

there isnt much(if any) difference in powder brands because all are made up of basically the same ingredients, they just have different names. as for cream, i just use Desitin that i buy from drugstore.com. its cheaper than at the store. cant really help you with the cream/powder getting on the tapes other than to say be careful. eventually, you get good enough where you can change a diaper with your eyes closed and you wouldnt get anything on the tapes.

Thanks diamondback688 for the help! I’m so glad I found this site everyone is so helpful and friendly. I have been visiting this site for a while, but never registered. I’m glad I decided to come out so to speak. I have been incontinent for over 15 years now and mostly I have just talked to a couple other friends that are incontinent that I have meet at the local medical supply store.

I have been on 1 other board depends.com but them people over there are no way as near as helpful and friendly as you people over here at DD.

Love you all Cubic :rolleyes:

Yep DB is right, with time it becomes second nature. I have found though that if you cream up your area, wipe your fingers as best you can on the inside of the diaper. Then use a baby wipe or two to insure you have cleaned your little fingers. Also I noticed a thing with powder. Over time I used to lay on the bed with the bedspread or sheets, either one (Mostly the bed spread). The powder tends to slowly collect on the bed. The static electricity of your diaper will coat a lite layer of powder on the plastic, thus causing your tapes not to stick as they should, I always leave a wipe layed out that is barely damp to wipe the front of the diaper first (allow to dry of course before tapping) it helps alot

Oh yeah don't use a wipe that contains anything like aloe or the like. The unscented non-allergic ones are best for this.

I had problems with tape slipage, after I had the diaper adjusted the way I wanted it, so I started useing a peice of duct tape on the lower tapes, you need just enough to bridge the tab and the spot where you wnat the tape to stick, about 2 to 3 inches works fine.

I had a problem with the tapes comeing loose while I was walking, because I always use plastic pants over my disposeables, and the tapes would get moist from the humidity build up and slip, since I have done this with the duct tape, I have had less leaks, and hardly any tape slippage at all.

I figure the roll of tape should last a long time, and the next time I get tape I get a white tape, buy the way I tried packing tape, and it did not last, the duct tape actully pulls the diaper apart, when your trying to remove it, it is stuck that good, I only use it on the bottom tapes, the top seems to stay put.

Since when I realized it's only because of cream that tapes don't hold, I do this way:

- put cream on myself

- wash accurately my hands with water&soap

- put the diaper on, keeping a moist towel nearby so I can promptly clean my fingers if they come in contact with the cream on my body, before touching the tapes or the "tape-landing" areas.

Being careful in following this procedure I avoided nearly 100% of the problems deriving from tapes that don't stick enough.

DESITIN

After having a super battle with a horrendous case of Diaper Rash I now use barrier cream and powder ALL the time.

How do you deal with powder/cream getting on the tapes of disposable diapers? I seem to be having a hard time with this. Are there any tips or tricks on how to avoid tape problems with powder and creams?

What barrier/diaper rash cream do you use? Is there any difference in baby powder brands?

He usually cried at least once everyday, not because he was sad, but because the world was so beautiful and life was so short.