LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Public Character Tree Lists?

So, for those of you who have read my works, you know 'Lights, Camera, ...What?!?' is the culmination of three books of Exchanged, Seems Too Good, In-Between, and its own story. I have amassed a huge collection of characters, and to keep track of them and the plot, I use a separate Word document that's up to 67 pages and 16,200 words. Not all of that is character info, but a lot of it is. Just on the ones that I've changed the 'heading' settings on, there are probably 60 characters actively being used in this book. A few people have asked me about a character document to reference. I obviously don't want to give spoilers, but I do know of a few authors who have used Wikis and such for their characters. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good solution? I'd like to think I haven't gone full Leo Tolstoy War and Peace level here, but who knows? I've never counted if I've tried to outdo his 600 characters from that work! (And to be honest, I had to reference a cheat index with that one to keep track myself!)

Scrivener is good at keeping track of things as there are different folders for everything, so you could have a character folder and then add subfolders if you wanted to group certain characters together. 

Miro is good for creating character maps, its essentially an online white board so you can create a load of different visual things and it is free for one user. 

If you are looking to make it public then yeah probably a wiki would be the easiest thing but the above two are handy tools for yourself. Miro does limit the amount of users you can have so if you wanted to share with people you would need to buy licenses but if just for you then its free

9 minutes ago, Ubba said:

Scrivener is good at keeping track of things as there are different folders for everything, so you could have a character folder and then add subfolders if you wanted to group certain characters together. 

Miro is good for creating character maps, its essentially an online white board so you can create a load of different visual things and it is free for one user. 

If you are looking to make it public then yeah probably a wiki would be the easiest thing but the above two are handy tools for yourself. Miro does limit the amount of users you can have so if you wanted to share with people you would need to buy licenses but if just for you then its free

Thanks for the response. I do want this for others, not for myself really. My document handles my needs pretty well, just thinking about readers here. Does anyone have a preference for a specific Wiki that works well? 

Ahh ok cool, unfortunately I have not created a wiki since I was in college and can't remember which platform I used. But if I remember correctly most wiki providers all do the same thing and offer free subscriptions to some degree.

I guess wait for others to throw out recommendations or just take a look on google to see whats out there and have a look at some of the already created wikis to see if they look like something you want to use 

22 minutes ago, 6firewall6 said:

Another option that you could look in to would be World building Platforms that are used in RPG's like https://www.worldanvil.com/author .

That is an interesting tool... might be quite useful if I populate everything there. Thanks for the tip! Do you know if the info can be shared?

On 3/30/2024 at 9:11 PM, BabySofia said:

That is an interesting tool... might be quite useful if I populate everything there. Thanks for the tip! Do you know if the info can be shared?

I think you can make it public with that one. There are also other ones that can make public wikis for world building.