LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ok. Against my better judgment, I’m am going to post this on this site.

Awhile ago, there was a guy who said he had his urinary sphincter injected with botox so he would experience what it was like to be incontinent as a research project. For the record, I didn’t believe a word the guy wrote. Nothing about his story rang true.

The reason I bring this up is because I’m considering the same thing but for more valid reasons. (Note, I’m a very loooong way from deciding if this is right for me.) My incontinence is very variable. Not just day to day but throughout the day. What happens is that I will leak at times but also not go for hours and then its very heavy. So much so that I must always wear enough diaper to handle the heavy flow. Usually it is a cloth diaper. It doesn’t have to be super thick during the day but it does have to be able to handle about 5-6 hours of urine all at once. For disposables, I must use a high end diaper like Abena. I seldom wear disposables because of cost.

When I’m only leaking, I can get by with a more inexpensive disposable diaper and get more use for my money. Cloth is very cheap but unless I change all the time, I’m always wet. A disposable is much “dryer.” And also, I can use much more absorbent (and cheaper) baby diapers along with much cheaper adult products.

In other words, if I just constantly leaked, I could more often use cheaper adult diapers with a very cheap baby diaper as a stuffer and be dryer for it.

But also, things overall would be more manageable – I think.

One huge downside is that once I have the treatment, I will be incontinent for about 6 months no matter what. While my condition is steadily getting worse, there are times when I do have some control.

There are also other issues that have been pointed out to me. With the treatment, I’ll always be leaking –always. Not a lot but always leaking. I’ve been this way before and it really does mean that I must always allow for it. I won’t be able to “air out” at all.

If someone has had the procedure, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Hi ThomasinWVa, A little while ago I seriously considered this treatment but was put off by the fact that the Hospital I attend has only had one person have this procedure so far, and the results at that time were far from conclusive.

It is a big step to take as I have a very small degree of control on a few occassions and am loathe to give that up, although I am always in a Nappy it is still a difficult choice to make. :o

Given time results from this procedure will filter through and one will then be able to make an informed judgement as to whether or not to have it done with the pro's and con's being in black and white as evidence.

Good luck with your decision whichever it may be! :doctor::drinks_wine:

You need to consider that yes,while you are standing you will dribble all the time.when you lay on your back you will drain.When you lay on your side or sit for long periods your bladder will fill and then drain all at once when you stand or lay on your back.At least with botox if you don't like the results it will wear off.

You need to consider that yes,while you are standing you will dribble all the time.when you lay on your back you will drain.When you lay on your side or sit for long periods your bladder will fill and then drain all at once when you stand or lay on your back.At least with botox if you don't like the results it will wear off.

I have heard of this type of thing and I'm hoping to get more info from someome who has had the procedure.

Have you had it done?

I get dilation treatments every six weeks due to a large amount of scar tissue in the immediate area of the urethral sphincter...I have been doing these treatments since March 2005 and it seems as if they will continue for quite a while longer. They are painful and the Foley's catheter is uncomfortable in itself and I remembered the "botox" thing and wanted to ask my Urologist about it but I don't have the guts. He said if he were to operate on me that I'd be 100% urinary incont due to damage to the sphincter muscle no matter how careful he is due to the scar tissue being on the urethral sphincter. The scar tissue causes urine to build-up, retaining my fluids and I always leave a good amount in my bladder which creates a whole other host of potential problems...he tried to get me to self cath but I can't do it so we have been doing this dilation route. I leak with the cath in and after the cath is removed I don't have holding power and when the spasm arrives for me to void I go right away...I don't mind the diapers cuz I always had a thing for them but the pain of the dilation treatments gets the best of me as does the worry of the treatment two to three days before the treatment so I figured "why not try the botox" to see if I could put up with the involuntary wetting and if I could endure those challenges then get the scar tissue burned out from the urethra/urethral sphincter and deal with handling the wetting situation. I wear 24/7 and go like a big boy when I can but am rescued by the pull-ups on occasion so I am not sure if me being 100% urinary incont is the correct method to choose but the pain of the dilation makes the potential abit more acceptable. I'll ponder this for some time to come...my next dilation is October 29th.

Does anyone have info on that treatment? I'd appreciate it...I have read much on it since "johnny's" experiment.

Huggie :biker_h4h:

I have heard of this type of thing and I'm hoping to get more info from someome who has had the procedure.

Have you had it done?

I had both sphincters surgically removed as well as having a turp to open up the passage for easier drainage.I wanted to try botox but the only place that would do it is in montreal and i live in alberta

Ok. Against my better judgment, I’m am going to post this on this site.

Awhile ago, there was a guy who said he had his urinary sphincter injected with botox so he would experience what it was like to be incontinent as a research project. For the record, I didn’t believe a word the guy wrote. Nothing about his story rang true.

The reason I bring this up is because I’m considering the same thing but for more valid reasons. (Note, I’m a very loooong way from deciding if this is right for me.) My incontinence is very variable. Not just day to day but throughout the day. What happens is that I will leak at times but also not go for hours and then its very heavy. So much so that I must always wear enough diaper to handle the heavy flow. Usually it is a cloth diaper. It doesn’t have to be super thick during the day but it does have to be able to handle about 5-6 hours of urine all at once. For disposables, I must use a high end diaper like Abena. I seldom wear disposables because of cost.

(snip)

That thought got filed with some links under "Purpose of incontinence forum", in case anyone needs to hunt it down.

The certainty level isn't high, maybe you could feed in malpractice and botox to google and find real names...as the story certainly implied legal action.

I'd suggest that if you find yourself not wetting for two hours or so, you go find a toilet (or a jar or bottle) and do "big boy" style, since you know what is coming -- but that's an engineer, trying to give you the best control for your money. The converse of that is that you might want to try to relax yourself into always leaking. The advantage of training is that training is for the most part reversible and gradual, whereas botox is sudden and may take a long time to reverse. Training is also cheap!

So is a discussion with your Dr, who might also know of stents and things.

All in all, good luck...I stick a lady pee pad (cheap!) in the front of my diaper for flood control.

Im actually interested in this as well. More info and that other thread would definitely help! I dont think it would be too hard to find a doctor to do it if you knew where to look and greased his wheels a little bit. I would probably go to colombia or canada to do it because I doubt any us doctor would touch you and if he would it would cost a ton. Canadas probably your best bet for the best job done.

I doubt you could find it done any easier here in Canada than the US. Due to the Nationalized health care up here, I would doubt there are many doctors doing cheap Botox injections. In fact I would argue that the College of Physicians is a lot stricter here than in the US.

I'd look in Mexico, China, Thailand, India or one of the countries that offer cheaper medical visits. Be like many US and Canadians that go to Thailand for plastic surgery and stay for a vacation afterward...the best part is the whole trip is cheaper than getting the surgery done in North America.