LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urethra numbing

So I'm looking for something to numb my urethra so I can go up a couple catheter sizes with little to no pain. Everything I see requires a prescription. Any recommendations?

Generally, pain is a sign that something is wrong. What size catheter can you take WITHOUT pain right now?  It's probably safer to increase cath size slowly, over a period of time, giving things time to stretch naturally. 

What's your cath size goal?

So...yes, they make this, but you have to be careful.  The tissues making that 26fr hard to insert can be stretched, but tearing them can lead to problems including strictures (and from my experience, 0/10 do not recommend strictures).  

Best for now to slowly work up to it - get a 22fr and 24fr in comfortably for a few days at a time, then see if a 26fr goes in without pain.  

Without a prescription your pretty limited to something like Orangel, there are OTC lidocaine patches I don’t imagine any succesful insertion method or ability for it to adhere to urethra . Any thing you use also needs to be sterile or you can cause a potentially fatal infection . If you know a physician they do make a lidocaine gel that is like KY except after about 10 minutes you won’t feel anything except the catheter entering the urinary sphincter and bladder . There’s also a cream called EMLA ( Euteric Mixture Lidocaine / prilocaine 2.5 % of each mixed ) with EMLA you apply cover and wait like30 minutes and wherever you put it will be numb for about 6 hours . I use both for other things at home but have had my urologist use them for procedures .EMLA and then a condom for a 1/2 hour is a painless vasectomy . Lidocaine gel is also available for animals some places online may not require a prescription .or for that matter you can buy any drug you want cash and carry if your near Mexico . Prescriptions aren’t required for most drugs down there American cash is king .( you can literally order and purchase drugs as simple as happy meal at the drive thru ).

I have used oral gel with good success but my worry was if it would hurt my bladder. Also I have used tattoo numbing cream . It said topical and again I'm worried about it going up my my urethra. I know when I had a cystoscope the numbing cream they used was awesome. It's kind of funny I can buy catheters online without a prescription but I can't buy numbing cream.