LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to sew your own?

Hello! I am looking for tips on how to create your own cloth diapers for role playing. How does one size? Are there any sewing patterns that are helpful? What has worked for you? I’m imagining like a double diaper pins style or snap buttons, but I have no real vision yet and would love advice!

There is a link in my siggy to RUBBER PANTIES 'R' US. It is the first rubber panty icon. In RUBBER PANTIES 'R' US is a link to a site for making one's own diapers

You can also use the link below to learn how to make the BabyDoll Diaper like I am in

• Like 1

Would help if you gave more of an idea of what your trying to sew, diferent people have diferent ideas, some are thinking of the clasic diaper service prefold, some are thinking the hourglass fitted diaper, hell, some are thinking inserts and diaper cover combos, or all in ones, or all in twos. Heck, some are thinking the large unfolded diapers that you have to fold yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was not sure the proper terms, so your comment really helped me to see my options! Is hourglass fitted possible? I think the T shape that was suggested seems easier than I thought! 

Hourglass is shaped kinda like an hourglass. THe T version would be simular effect, removing some of the bulk in the middle of diaper, to make it less bulky between the legs. As for wich would be easyer for you to sew, a lot depends on your skill in sewing, and what equipment you have available to sew with. 

Also, even withen the 'hourglass' 'fitted' nominclature, there is a bunch of options. one basicly takes a prefold, and cuts a triangle out of the sides, so it fits a little easyer  to fit between the legs, and to wrap a little easyer.  Go ahead and hit up google to look up some pictures for fitted cloth diaper, and hourglass cloth diaper. Should give you an idea of the basic shapes a little better than my poor skills at espressing the image I have in my head.

The one Christine is showing is actualy one that you can easily make with just hand sewing methods and low levels of skill. More skill will give a better job of putting it togeather. Its basicly made by sewing some prefold baby diapers togeather to make a diaper that will fit you.

Its simple, easy, and the materials are readily available. Now days, diaper fabric is not so common to find anymore. Plus it has the added bonus that you might be able to sourse a good amount of your materials from good will or a simular resale shop. Def a money saver. Hell, I hit them up looking for toddler size prefolds for use as stuffers, and, honestly, wiping rags in the shop. As for sizing,  needs to fit around your waist, with some extra for pinning, and needs to be long enough to go from the snall of your back, to about your belly button. Remember, its going to be thicker than your expecting, so you might need some extra room there as well.

A good starting size is about 36 by 45 inches. Oh far from perfict, but, its one yard of fabric, and if you get cheep muslin to make your first trys its not going to cost a whole lot to get started.  Heck, hit the sales you might be able to get it for a buck or less for that single yard of fabric.

There are lots of videos on youtube on sewing baby diapers, you just need to scale one you like up to fit you. Depending on the style the width should be 75-100% of your waist size, and unless you are extremely tall or short the length should be about 36".