LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Permanent stent for incontinence

I'm thinking alot about getting a Memokath or similar stent inserted by a professional to create a permanent, but reversable incontinence. (that might needs replacement every few years)

Thinking about the one mentioned in the big "stent thread" - https://pnnmedical.com/memokath/memokathtm-045-urethra/

Have anyone ever done something like that? Are doctors willing to do it?

I'm "officially" fully incontinent because of an accident. So my medical journal does not exactly fit in with getting one inserted, so I'm considering doing it abroad, maybe as 

"medical turism" out of country. But it might get expensive, and a problem if the stent starts migrating!

Anyone have any experience with this, or some of the same thoughts?

I have quite a bit of relevant experience here - and it's going to be difficult to get a doctor to do this.  Not for the reasons a lot of people would say ("Do no harm!", "Be careful what you wish for!", "You'll get your organs harvested!", and other very unhelpful and unenlightened takes), though. When I approached multiple urologists to talk about this, none would do it.  The risk of side effects in recent medical literature make it a solution that most won't do unless your life expectancy is less than the usual time side effects start presenting.  All of them were much more willing to perform surgery than consider this course of action.

If you are looking for surgical options, I've found a urologist that will do it, and he's had two successful procedures at this point.  It's expensive - think $20,000-$30,000 - but if you really want to do it, it's an option that's available.   If you still are interested in stents, I'd recommend looking at the threads in this forum that go into detail about self-made ones based on catheters.  They come with their own risks, but the temporary nature of them help with a lot of the more serious side effects that might result.

• Thanks 1

Two people now, actually - I'm one of them. And for those people looking into serious interventions like this...surgery is a very serious step, but with all its risks, it's a safer solution than options like this.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very serious to be honest. I've been a DL all my life. My first memories of diaper loving feelings goes back to when I was 4. I'm in my forties now.

The last 4 years I've been diapered 24/7. And I love it so much that I'm never going back.

Everyone that knows me thinks I'm incontinent the last 4 years after "an accident". Including my doctor, my mom, my girlfriend and my child.

I want a safe option. The self-made stents is not for me. I looked at the professional stents, as I thought they were very safe. What is the problem with them?

The surgery. Can you give a description of what was done? Sphincter muscle and prostate altered? Was local anesthesia used, or something stronger?

Where was it done? Mexico?

Also thanks for the replies everyone.

/D

• 2 months later...