LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quick Way To Become Incontinent...can You Say Lobotomy?

I was reading some things in the wikipedia (source of all knowledge, lol), and link after link of interesting information brought me to this little sniplet of information of which all the people who desire to become incontinent in a day came to mind.

"Rosemary Kennedy, sister of President John F. Kennedy, was given a lobotomy when her father complained to doctors about the 23-year-old’s moodiness and growing interest in men. The procedure was personally performed by Walter Freeman. Instead of producing the desired result, however, the lobotomy reduced Rosemary to an infantile mentality that left her incontinent and staring blankly at walls for hours. Her verbal skills were reduced to unintelligible babble. To avoid political scandal, the nature of Rosemary's affliction was hidden by her father for years, described to the public as the result of mental retardation. Her sister, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, founded the Special Olympics in her honor in 1968."

Another interesting fact is that there were over 40,000 lobotomies performed in the United States alone. Most of which were successful. Scary stuff huh?

Why on earth would a father not like his 23 year old having interests in men?

In reading the full Wiki article, she wasn't mentally retarded, but appeared to suffer from a lower IQ, especially in relation to the other members of the Kennedy Clan. Therefore, it is supposed that to the rest of the family, she was retarded. However, she may have had Social Affective Disorder, although I am not a psychiatrist and can make no real diagnosis. The article appears to support this, however.

Hence, if she was given to the mood swings, and outbursts, and depression that appears to be in her history, then it makes sense that her 'retardation' might have been 'cured' by such a procedure...at the time. Today, it would be treated with psychoaffective medications.

One other thing is Joe Kennedy. He was a powerhouse in the U.S. at the time, and having a mentally ill daughter would certainly cast a shadow over his empire, and his aspirations for greater power. He wanted, and was grooming his son, Joe Jr. for the White House, not John. However, when Joe Jr. was killed in World War II piloting a converted B-17 which was actually a remote controlled bomb (it needed a crew to get it off the ground) Joe Sr. was devestated. His pride and joy was dead, and it left a mark on his psyche.

I don't believe that Joe Kennedy could deal with Rose Marie (her real name) as being less than perfect, as his other children were, and that's why he had the surgery performed. Power begats power, and power used like that is regrettable.

That is probably why he had it performed. Left alone, I'm sure Rose would have been fine.

Gary

so, back to the original post, how many folks out there want to sign up for a lobotomy in order to become incontinent - and mentally incompetent ???

but surely, there must be a way to become permanently incontinent so as to be able to wet (and mess?) uncontrollably - but only until such time as the individual wants to decide it wasn't such a good idea afterall...hmmmmmmmm...

hey, I love my own fantasies - it's nice to imagine certain things being done to you (at least I get off on some ideas...) - but to want to be totally incontinent and try to carry through on it???...not MY idea of a good plan!

diaperpt

• 15 years later...